Biased Media Reports Frome English And Indian Media!-Dudley Protest

osingh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Report from TIMES OF INDIA(just type in word 'sikh' in google search then click on 'news' to see full report:

====================================================================================================

Militant Sikhs in UK protest sale of booze, meat

LONDON: Two hundred militant Sikhs trashed their own community centre in the UK in a violent protest against the sale of meat and alcohol at a private party.

The angry mob broke in after pelting cops with bricks and bottles. They smashed windows, furniture and equipment causing "significant" damage, the Sun reports.

Police from across the West Midlands rushed to theSikh Cultural Centre in Dudley, where three people, one a cop, were hurt in clashes.

The demonstrators were believed to be from the UK Sangat group, which protests at alleged code-breaking temples.

They accused centre bosses of insulting their faith by allowing alcohol and meat at a private party that night.

The five-hour stand-off on Saturday only ended when the chiefs prohibited the meat and drink.

example from english media(the telegraph):

===============

Sikhs trash own community centre for selling alcohol

Two hundred Sikh protesters trashed their own community centre last night in a violent protest against the sale of meat and alcohol at a private party.

10:40AM BST 29 May 2011The violent scenes flared after a peaceful protest turned ugly when members of the mob clashed with police trying to calm the situation on Saturday.

As the mobs numbers spiralled, some protesters picked up missiles and hurled them at police.

The violent stand-off only ended at around 6pm when managers at the centre caved in to the mobs demands and agreed to prohibit the sale of meat and alcohol.

Chief Inspector Deb Doyle, who led the police response to the disorder, said: "What started as a peaceful protest soon turned to violence when a minority of people started throwing missiles at officers and then forced their way inside the centre.

==========================================================================================================

Just look at above headline in the telegraph then look at what chief inspector Doyle says'a peaceful protest soon turned to violence when a minority of people' even the police

say it was peaceful and a minority of people were violent. I also think the protest was also reported in other tabloid newspapers, such as the sun, daily mail etc. I personally avoid tabloid newspapers, they have negative effect on spiritual jeevan, just full of celebrity gossip and whatnot. However im sure they too produced biased reports using their favourite keywords such as 'militant','violence','mobs'.

Whats depressing is that the 'average sikh' who has no knowledge of sikhi, rehat maryada, will pick up the newspaper read the article and believe

everything written. I guarantee majority of our community will be in favour of dudley comittee and for party halls at gurdwara's. They will be against

amritdhari gursikhs and brand them as militants and terrorists just as the media has.

Also check out sikhphilosphy.net, they have topic on dudley protest, I think nearly all of their responses were negative and Randip Singh has branded

all the protesters as extremists. I don't think its worth arguing with them, don't waste your time. However its important that we are aware that even

so called 'sikh' forums are attacking us. Basing their opinions on biased reports, not doing any research on what actually took place. Shame on

sikhphilosophy.net thay have let the sikh panth down, basing their views on biased reports.

However dont worry singho! Stay in chardi kala! Keep faith in Guru Granth sahib Ji maharaj! Maharaj will do kirpa on the panth and bless

it with chardi kala!

Good work, everybody at satkar campaign!

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki fateh!

C'mon, I mean what do we expect? The media exaggerates everything. They're not going to talk about the peaceful protest that was occuring simultaneously because - in their opinion - it doesn't sound as "exciting" as "militant Sikhs go on a rampage".

The same thing happened with the student protests. There was a brief mention about the peaceful students, but the focus was on the rampaging minority. It's what newspapers do.

Media is obviously going to sensationalise and exaggerate any situation to get the public interested and sell their newspapers, etc. They did the same thing with the bezthi bhatti woman affair. Christianity is a joke thanks lilly liberal christians not standing up for their faith in the UK. If they were militantly proactive in defence of their faith (like our community) then athiests in the media trying to make fun of christianity would think twice before disrespecting it. But we should be proud that we wont take disrespect of our religion laying down especially by those who pretend to be Sikhs yet float common sense and basic tenets of sikhi of not serving meat and alcohol on Gurdwara premises yet trying passing off as a legitimate Sikh place of worship.

** Mod edit: long quoted reply removed **

I personally avoid tabloid newspapers, they have negative effect on spiritual jeevan, just full of celebrity gossip and whatnot.

you what ? reading a tabloid messes with ones spirtual jeevan ! Ok.