Placards For The Remembrance March & Freedom Rally On Sunday 5 June

See you all there, come and say Fateh, when you see the placard.

See attached the design for my placard. Just spent £30 at hobby craft getting the material. I am going to have two placards, first one will read

"India is the biggest democracy in the world"

The second one will read

"And the killer of 10000+ Sikhs"

Also going to have it backward as well :) It will require 2 people to hold each part but luckily there is 5 of us going. Long drive to London tomorrow so not going to be online much tonight.

post-2-0-25343800-1307195919_thumb.jpg

^ Internatioal Human Rights organistations say the combined figure of Sikhs killed (Bluestar, Delhi and the big one : Woodrose) is upwards of 250,000. When they (the public) see your placard of '10,000' they're not only gonna think we sikhs don't know what we're talking about....they're also gonna think we just make figures up from the air.

Look.......I did mention in the other post....the whole point of a placard is not to teach yourself something. When you write a sign or placard you are not directing it at yourself. Therefore, you should not write what you yourself want to read. Your object is to reach your target audience (the public). To do that you need to take a step back....and put yourself in their shoes. What will make them want to ask questions and find out more. Its really very easy. let me start you off on one : The members of the public will have seen you at the demonstration after watching tv either that morning or the night before. Now.....what has been the number one headline in the news the last couple of days ? Yes....the public when they see you on Sunday will have fresh in their mind, the issue of the Serb sent to the Hague on crimes of genocide against Bosnians. You need to remind the public how apparently, some genocides are not as bad as others. How, apparently, some human lives are deemed more important than others . How....when you commit genocide against one group of people you get sent to the war crimes court.....but if you commit genocide against a different group of people you get rewarded with promotion in government posts.

The whole point of a placard is to reach the conscience of your target demographic and....reach his heart. You do that by reminding him that the issue is one of humanity....and equality. Your placard has got to make the member of public ask himeslf some questions. We need him to leave from there asking himself whether or not it is right that some fellow human beings have been raped and butchered and yet nobody cares.

I'm sorry but from the examples you fellas have shown so far.........I doubt anyone will go away thinking that. Your placards seem to be what you wanna read.....not what they should read.

^ Internatioal Human Rights organistations say the combined figure of Sikhs killed (Bluestar, Delhi and the big one : Woodrose) is upwards of 250,000. When they (the public) see your placard of '10,000' they're not only gonna think we sikhs don't know what we're talking about....they're also gonna think we just make figures up from the air.

I think we all know the actual figure is very high but putting 250000 is just going to make people think we are exaggerating. I will increase the figure to something like 50000+ . for me the point of placards is to hit home a simple point which will lead others to do independent research about the issue.

Man It was really good, everyone kept stealing out placard, ok ok they helped us out because I didnt have enough time to put dandiya on the placards so had to hold the cardboards in our hands high up in the air. After 30 mins or so our arms would get tired. So It was really nice to see sikhs we didnt know just take the placard from us and keep it high. Overall it was really inspiring, there were only 5 of us who drove from our small town, no coaches like other towns. So we are already planning for the next one.

There was one thing though, a lot of the speeches were in Punjabi so I think that needs to change. Otherwise amazing event, great turnout but it was my first so cant say whether it was more or less than last time. Someone recognised me, she goes he is from sikhsangat.com ;) I cant believe no one came and said fateh. I think that needs to change.

Did anyone see our placard (the one attached). We even had our placard on the big screen.happyjumper.gif

Also, omggggg saaagggggggg, Saagg was the best I ever tasted and it became even better when we mixed pakores in it. omg its one of those once in a life time tasty moment.

Great event, great speakers, hard to choose a favourite. Bhai Navreet Singh Ji's speech and Bhai Sukhbir Singh Ji's speeches are definitely there at the top of the list. Shame about the rain though! A couple of us resorted to hazoorias on our head lol.

Man It was really good, everyone kept stealing out placard, ok ok they helped us out because I didnt have enough time to put dandiya on the placards so had to hold the cardboards in our hands high up in the air. After 30 mins or so our arms would get tired. So It was really nice to see sikhs we didnt know just take the placard from us and keep it high. Overall it was really inspiring, there were only 5 of us who drove from our small town, no coaches like other towns. So we are already planning for the next one.

There was one thing though, a lot of the speeches were in Punjabi so I think that needs to change. Otherwise amazing event, great turnout but it was my first so cant say whether it was more or less than last time. Someone recognised me, she goes he is from sikhsangat.com ;) I cant believe no one came and said fateh. I think that needs to change.

Did anyone see our placard (the one attached). We even had our placard on the big screen.happyjumper.gif

Also, omggggg saaagggggggg, Saagg was the best I ever tasted and it became even better when we mixed pakores in it. omg its one of those once in a life time tasty moment.

I saw the placards, me and an other singh wanted to try to come up to you in hyde park, we got close but then there was too much sangat in the way lol.