Wedding Reception

Guest GuptPerson

Vaheguru,

Another good move is:

Imagine you've just had a bath/shower and are drying your back with a towel.

Just about sums up Bhangra and what it's worth.

Good for drying your back and changing light bulbs!

Rabb Raakha

Harman

Its also v good exercise. And lets face it our mostly overweight community can do with all it can get! Lol :)

The amount of wasted food and needless consumption of junk food at parties is more detrimental to your health despite doing bhangra.

You're better off going running, biking or even power walking if th eonly reason is exercise.

Guest Baba mann

Actuallly i think you will find that those that dance eat less compared to those lazy sorts that sit on the table the whole time as the food is passed by them . When u dance u don't feel like eatin just dancing! You sound like the type that is either can't dance wont dance i give you some lessons! Lol ;)

No some of those people who sit during weddings excercise daily(incl myself). Everyone can dance, its just moving around to rhythm. Some prefer not to get up and join in, I have avoided dancing for a while as it just hasn't felt right for me, I used to be big on dancing but recently Ive been feeling differently. There are lots of reasons people dont dance, for me it was listening to intution, it just didn't feel right for me.

Actuallly i think you will find that those that dance eat less compared to those lazy sorts that sit on the table the whole time as the food is passed by them . When u dance u don't feel like eatin just dancing! You sound like the type that is either can't dance wont dance i give you some lessons! Lol ;)

I know bhangra veerji and real bhangra, not this new stuff where you dance to gandh. Not to mention I know how to play the dhol. :p

I used to be on bhangra teams when my hair was cut from elementary school all the way up to high school. If you want to dance at parties then go and dance but it isn't for me anymore. I usually see drunk uncs dancing at parties with their gogards sticking out lol. Even as a kid when i used to do bhangra in never danced at parties because i thought it was weird, now i have deeper reasoning behind it...

Rest in peace Bindrakhia, your voice was great.

Guilty pleasure:

No matter what anyone says, this was still a part of punjabi culture (bolian) as they tell stories.

While we're at the subject, RIP Chamkila as well

Parties are all about ego and showing off their money to people in almost all cases. Real fun is travelling the world, doing sewa or something that involves higher level thinking.

Get out of "punjabi" mentality. Sadly that's what I call it even though it's not real punjabi mentality. :\