Stats Regarding Sikh Bully And Hate Crime Victims?

Singhstah

I need to know the number of recorded sikh bullying and hate crime victims in the UK for some research I am currently doing. Does anyone know where I can find these statistics?

WaheGuru I would say start with the police, then Sikh organisations such as BSF, SAS etc. Ask Hamrmandar Singh as well from Sikhs In England. He has lots of contacts and should be able to help. The other person that comes to mind is Balvinder Kaur Saund. Your local Labour MP. All god starting points. Hope this helps.

You could use a Freedom of Information Act request for stats from the police, though I'm not sure if they would record the religious affiliation of the victim in every case?

These things are massively under-reported in any case so the stats won't be very accurate.

Don't ask the police for nothing fella. They'll give you hate crime stats but those stats are meaningless. Firstly, because of home office recording standards, the forces will go out of their way of filing what could be hate crimes under something else. The reason for that is money and resources. Overall, only 33% of actual crimes get an actual police deployment. Thats because they don't have enough money for full deployment. Put something down under the home office code for 'hate crime' and they MUST, by public policy, make deployment. If its possible therefore to justify it not being a hate crime they will.

Secondly......even when you get to those very dodgy meaningless hate crime stats....you're only gonna be able to narrow it down to the IC4 (asian) category. The police, for their stats, are very lazy in this country. They'll put Arabs down as IC4 and they'll put Persians down as arabs. The whole things meaningless.

You want stats in the future ?.....Then you've gotta put pressure on the Home Office to a specific hate crime criminal code for 'hate crime against sikhs'. Untill that happens....and report you compile from any stats you gather from the police are gonna be worthless.