Reasons As To Why Im Joining The Army And Would Like To See More Singhs Join

The US Marines have amazing discipline and a great training regiment. One thing is for sure, if you do join you will be more of a 'sipahi' then all of us in terms of actual training.

But, being angry with other sikhs for not joining as well is not productive. There are many reasons why joining the military is not viewed upon favourably by sikhs in the west. The biggest one being that our parents came to western countries for education and a 'better life'. This is embedded into the culture of western sikh families.

And of course, the moral dilemmas of serving governments that might not suit your personal beliefs in terms of foreign policy is a hard one to get passed for some as well.

All the best with whatever path you choose.

If you seriously want to join army then don't just go right after high school. Spend time and energy in earning BS degree and then join with good rank which starts from 2nd Lt. (which is about 16 ranks ahead/up from what you get after high school). I too tried to join army right after high school but they didn't take me because of turban. Sacramento bee covered front page article on me and others few years ago.. My sister is 2nd Lt in US army and is currently doing medicine from their school. I am glad that i didn't get into army because of my own personal reason :)

I would highly advice you not to join forces fresh out of high school.. Earn good degree and still if you want to get into forces then there are many countless field options to serve for the country at higher rank. If you want to talk about it further.. feel free to post here or PM me...

Chardikala

It makes me sad to hear how brainwashed we have become. I get tired of writing the same things over and over again trying to explain myself.

One day we will wake up to the truth. Only through the grace of the Guru will we ever come to understand. This world is in a trance right now.

There is only ONE true army. And we know in our hearts what that is.

There's no need to ask anyone here, do what I said and contact the person via YouTube or i can PM you his twitter account. He is a Sikh who served in the marines, you should talk to him and then decide.

The life isn't what it seems.

I posted the link to the youtube channel of the marine. He has videos of him doing bhangra in Iraq too.

could you let me know his youtube account and message me his twitter account

plus i know about some of the discrimination in the army i know their our a few bad apples, wikileaks of inocent iraqis being gunned down cause a soldier was so scared of the terrorists he thought the camera was a weapon, or the british troops beating inocent iraqi children i know all this stuff but what it makes me want to do is join the army even more, cause the army needs saint soldiers to influence the military culture that if their are any bullies in the military it will not be tolerated

but those are just a few bad apples most the soldiers are good people, i have a few african american an hispanic american friends in the army who have yet to see or feel any racism, but they do they their are a few bad apples in the army just like their is in any organisation

we had a few bad apples in the khalistan movement who targeted inocent ppl now do you think its fair that all the khalistanis who fought for the sikhs should be called bad apples cause of a few idiots

LETS FACE IT AS SIKHS WE NEED MILITARY TRAINING, IF NOT THE MILITARY WERE CAN WE GO TO GET THE BEST TRAINING

IM SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING SIKHS MURDERED OR BULLIED AFTER 9/11 OR IN THE UK WERE PAKIS TARGET OUR SIKH SISTERS

THE SIKHS GET BULLIED BY CORRUPT POLITICANS IN INDIA AND IN THE WEST CAUSE LACK OF SAINT SOLDIERS IN ARE COMMUNITY

THE AVERAGE SIKH I SEE AT THE GURDWARA HAS NO TRAINING IN REAL COMBAT EXAMPLES LIKE BOXING AND ARE OUT OF SHAPE WHICH IS WHY SO MANY OF THEM LACK THE COURAGE TO FIGHT BACK WHEN THEY ARE ATTACKED FOR THEIR SIKH IDENTITY

Not being in the military doesn't mean you can't be fit or learn the art of the weapon. The problem with the wars is despite the few bad apples that overshadow the many good, the war itself is unjust.

Message him on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.c...ser/0311forever

so every war in history was unjust even the wars of the khalsa???

being fit only requires a good diet and physical activity be it in a gym or taking up different sports

and for self defence on the streets their many combat gyms to train in

but for war the best place to learn military combat is in the army

a sikhs job is to learn combat and each family use to have one kid join the army to learn military combat

today their probably under 400 sikh soldiers in british canadian american army combined dispite their being over a million sikhs in these three country's combined

thats pretty sad

IF THE CORRUPT POLITICANS FROM PUNJAB AND INDIA DECIDED TO ATTACK THE PPL OF PUNJAB AGAIN DOESN'T IT SCARE YOU THAT WE HAVE LESS SAINT SOLDIERS TODAY THEN WE DID IN 84 AND THAT THEY COULD DO THREE TIMES THE DAMAGE THEY DID IN 84 TO 92

AND DOESN'T IT ANGER YOU THAT THE KHALSA ONCE NO MATER HOW BADLY OUTNUMBERED CAUSE THEY ALL TOOK UP MILITARY TRAINING COULD SCARE THEIR ENEMY'S BUT TODAY THE SIKHS FEAR THEIR ENEMY'S

I'm not saying not to join the marines, i'm saying research what you'd be fighting for- large corporate interests or for freedom. I certainly don't think it's the latter.

Look at the quote by Thomas Jefferson in the end of the video I posted.

Yubacitysingh

I would say you’re getting some excellent advice from warriors here. A real fight for justice is the same as the fight for love. As others indicate, amongst the tools are education and practically positioning ones input in the world.

Nonetheless, your points that Sikhs need to be lions are valid and need to be acknowledged. It’s hard for me to digest the thought of Sikhs who look after mind and soul, but not body.

I've always wished every Sikh would be a competent one man army (sava lakh) and know how to fight in the physical sense; that includes being intelligent and knowing when not to fight; but ALWAYS absolutely fearless…and at the very least look after one’s physical health. The Sikh psyche and expectation should be that both fitness and fearlessness are integral parts of our lives.

We have too many sikhs who don’t look after their physical health and on the other hand too many that think that hotheaded fighting without a brain is some type of courage.

You’ve got the fundamentals down with an intelligent passion bro. Repeating what others say; knowing what to fight for is the first fight. Sharpen your spirituality and your mind, so your body knows where your fight is.

It's easy to say we need more warriors and joining the military is a necessary evil, but the reality is after you get out of being a marine it will be hard to go back to University/College and/or find a job.

actually my goal with the marines is to become a green beret the most elite soldiers in the world, it will be the most mental and physical toughest thing ill ever do

secondly i will be pursuing my education in psychology and nero sciences i want to know and understand human nature, i want to know the psychology to the enslavement of sikhs in the 1840's, i read up alot on many historical revolutions when a people that are weak and beaten come together and overthrow their oppressor and build a strong empire, like khalsa

becoming a green beret will be extremely tough considering some of the health issues i have grown up with but it will give me alot of credibility and by over comming extremely hard challenges i will be able to inspire other sikhs to pursue training in military combat and if not military itleast in sports like boxing wrestling mixed martial arts so they can fight back when they are attacked

I ALSO KNOW WHAT I WILL BE FIGHTING FOR, AS A SAINT SOLDIER ILL FIGHT ANY INJUSTICE I SEE, IF I WERE IN AFGHANISTAN ID WANT TO KILL THE MOTHER FU**** TALIBON FOR THE HELL THEY PUT THE SIKHS OF AFGHANISTAN THROUGH FOR THE SIKHS THEY KILLED IN PAKISTAN AND THOUSANDS OF INOCENT SCHOOL GIRLS THEY HAVE MURDERED

MY GOAL IN THE BATTLE FIELD WOULDN'T BE OF THE US GOVERNMENT MY GOALS WOULD BE BASED ON SERVING HUMANITY WHAT A SIKH IS BORN TO DO

and when someone does come out of the marines the amount of respect you get, plus many company's are looking for people with military combat experience for leadership, you can't teach the type of leadership and teamwork that you learn in the military, when in combat your motivating ppl to risk their lives, every marine has to count on his team in battle

and plus at my boxing gym their are a few african americans who have served and these guys don't even get speeding tickets when they get pulled over and when ppl know you have served you get hero treatment and vip service