Origins Of Waheguru Mantar

<br />Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal,<br />Dear all and Mohkam Singh Jee,<br /><br />I am not creating even a definition of Mantra or Gurmantr.<br /><br /><br />Balbir Singh<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Khalsa Ji

You don't need to create a definition of "Gurmantr" , SGGS already has.

<br /><br /><br />

Khalsa Ji

You don't need to create a definition of "Gurmantr" , SGGS already has.

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal,

Dear all and Mohkam Singh Jee,

Please provide the reference from Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee of a definition of "Gurmantr."

I will be grateful.

Balbir Singh

<br />Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal,<br />Dear all and Mohkam Singh Jee,<br /><br />Please provide the reference from Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee of a definition of "Gurmantr." <br />I will be grateful.<br /><br /><br />Balbir Singh<br />
<br /><br /><br />

ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਹਰਿ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੁ ਦੀਆ ਮਨੁ ਠਾਢੇ ॥੧॥

Gur Pooraa Paaeiaa Vaddabhaagee Har Manthra Dheeaa Man Thaadtae ||1||

गुरु पूरा पाइआ वडभागी हरि मंत्रु दीआ मनु ठाढे ॥१॥

I have found the Perfect Guru, through great good fortune; He has given me the Mantra of the Lord's Name, and my mind has become quiet and tranquil. ||1||

1 ਗਉੜੀ (ਮ: ੪) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੭੧ ਪੰ. ੧ 

Raag Gauri Poorbee Guru Ram Das

ਕਿਰਤਮ ਨਾਮ ਕਥੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਜਿਹਬਾ ॥

Kiratham Naam Kathhae Thaerae Jihabaa ||

किरतम नाम कथे तेरे जिहबा ॥

With my tongue I chant the Names given to You.

10 ਮਾਰੂ ਸੋਲਹੇ (ਮ: ੫) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੦੮੩ ਪੰ. ੧੦ 

Raag Maaroo Guru Arjan Dev

ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਪਰਾ ਪੂਰਬਲਾ ॥

Sath Naam Thaeraa Paraa Poorabalaa ||

सति नामु तेरा परा पूरबला ॥

Sat Naam' is Your perfect, primal Name.

11 ਮਾਰੂ ਸੋਲਹੇ (ਮ: ੫) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੦੮੩ ਪੰ. ੧੧ 

Raag Maaroo Guru Arjan Dev

Dear all and Mohkam Singh Jee,

Thanks for the three definitions of "Gurmantr."

Are Sikhs allowed to replace the Hari Mantra, Kiratham Naam and the Sat Naam with 'Waheguru' following the preachers?

I couldn't find a true Guru's Vaak allowing Sikhs to replace any of their words.

Balbir Singh

<br />Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal,<br />Dear all and Mohkam Singh Jee,<br /><br />Thanks for the three definitions of "Gurmantr."<br /><br />Are Sikhs allowed to replace the Hari Mantra, Kiratham Naam and the Sat Naam with 'Waheguru' following the preachers?<br />I couldn't find a true Guru's Vaak allowing Sikhs to replace any of their words.<br /><br /><br />Balbir Singh<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Khalsa Ji

"Satnaam" means the true name , on that basis what can be more true than "Waheguru"?

<br /><br /><br />

Khalsa Ji

"Satnaam" means the true name , on that basis what can be more true than "Waheguru"?

Dear all and Mokham Singh Jee,

God is true and all is Godly.

Calling God Waheguru and preaching others that the true Gurus have suggested so, is a fraud (dhokham) on earth in my view. This is also God's Hukam.

Balbir Singh

<br />Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal,<br />Dear all and Mokham Singh Jee,<br /><br />God is true and all is Godly.<br />Calling God Waheguru and preaching others that the true Gurus have suggested so, is a fraud (dhokham) on earth in my view. This is also God's Hukam.<br /><br /><br />Balbir Singh<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thank you for your "point of view" Khalsa Ji , but I prefer Bhai Gurdas Ji's views since they are more rass dayik.

<br /><br /><br />

Khalsa Ji

No Satnam means: Truth IS His Name

It is written in the very first line of gurbani for a reason. But this is all His Hukam- ignornace is the opposite of truth, hence we discover what is needed to eradicate the false. What and who else could eradicate the falsness(illusion) of maya? Only the One Named Truth.

Sath Naam Thaeraa Paraa Poorabalaa ||

सति नामु तेरा परा पूरबला ॥

Sat Naam' is Your perfect, primal Name.

kalijug baabae thaariaa sathinaam parr ma(n)thr sunaaeiaa||

Baba Nanak rescued this dark age (Kalyug) and recited 'Satnam' mantra for one and all.

Bhai Gurdaas Ji

Vaars Bhai Gurdaas

Note this verse does not say that Baba Nanak recited the 'true mantra' he actually recited 'Satnam'.

ਮਹਾਂਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਤਾਰਕ ਸਤਿਨਾਮਾ, ਸੋ ਗੁਰੁ ਕੀਨੋ ਦਾਨੇ ॥੩॥

The Guru gave the Great Mantra (MahaMantra), the one which shall take you across (the ocean that is this world), Satinaam (the True Naam)

'Waheguru' praises the lord, calling Him Great.

Satnaam(Truth is His name) is the very embodiment of that great lord for it is Truth and Only Truth (Bani/Truth is Guru and Guru is Bani) that can eradicate ignorance(maya illusion). He sat for ages discovering himself, and when he did he realised himself as Pure Truth (puran Sat).

Ever heard of the stories of brahmgyanis who have heard chanting of 'Sat' in sachkandh? This is no cooincidence.

<br /><br /><br />

Thank you for your "point of view" Khalsa Ji , but I prefer Bhai Gurdas Ji's views since they are more rass dayik.

Dear all and Mokham Singh Jee,

Some people feel Bhai Gurdaas Ji's views are more rass dayik.

Perhaps they need to know true Raam Ras and Hari Ras.

The true Gurus taste it and transfer the Ras of Raam and Hari to others also.

Please listen. Gurdev is singing.

ਰਾਮ ਰਸੁ ਪੀਆ ਰੇ ॥

राम रसु पीआ रे ॥

Raam rasu peeaa re.

ਜਿਹ ਰਸ ਬਿਸਰਿ ਗਏ ਰਸ ਅਉਰ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

जिह रस बिसरि गए रस अउर ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Jih ras bisar gae ras aor.1. rahaao SGGS 337-16

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਮਹਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

प्रभ की द्रिसटि महा सुखु होइ ॥

Prabh kee drisTi maha sukhu hoi.

ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਬਿਰਲਾ ਕੋਇ ॥

हरि रसु पावै बिरला कोइ ॥

Hari rasu paavai birlaa koi. SGGS 289-13

-----

Strange, the true Gurus never speak about Waheguru Ras and Waheguru Simran.

Balbir Singh