The Heart Of A True Soldier.

Singh559

My dad was in Salinas, California last week and he met a man whose grandfather was Polish and fought in the world war (i think world war 2) and he asked my dad whether he was a Sikh, my dad replied that he was . The man that my dad met told a story of how his grandfather fought in the world war and how they encountered Sikhs. He told that they(many of the soldiers) were always scared when they went fighting but they wanted to fight alongside Sikhs because Sikhs were known for bravery. He said that a lot of people would hide in trenches to avoid being seen but a Sikh wouldn't try to hide, the Sikh would skillfully attack and defend in a bold manner without fear. What impressed the man who was telling my dad the story was when his grandfather told that not only were the soldiers happy and relieved if they were fighting alongside sikhs, they would gain courage that they previously did not have. Sikhs were known for being amazing fearless warriors in both of the world wars.

It's amazing to hear about, it's like Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji was there giving them courage to fight in yudh. What separated the soldiers in the end was Chardi Kalaa spirits, just like the spirits of the Shaheeds from the 70s-90s and continuing on today. Skill and military training can do so much, but chardi kalaa and teachings of Guru Ji will be there with you and carry you across this ocean.

Waheguru is the only thing i can think after this. Was pretty awesome to hear about.

What impressed the man who was telling my dad the story was when his grandfather told that not only were the soldiers happy and relieved if they were fighting alongside sikhs, they would gain courage that they previously did not have. Sikhs were known for being amazing fearless warriors in both of the world wars.

It's amazing to hear about, it's like Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji was there giving them courage to fight in yudh. What separated the soldiers in the end was Chardi Kalaa spirits, just like the spirits of the Shaheeds from the 70s-90s and continuing on today. Skill and military training can do so much, but chardi kalaa and teachings of Guru Ji will be there with you and carry you across this ocean

I hope you're not insinuating that Sikhs somehow won the World Wars. The Polaks couldnt defend their country so no wonder they needed morale boosts. Plenty of brave people fought in World War 2 without needing Sikhs to hold their hands.

That's amazing...if only more of the western world knew of how big a part Sikhs played in guaranteeing their democracy.

Lol, I dont think they would care. Anyway, who's democracy did we guarantee? America was the only country fighting for democracy in WW2, that's why the parts they conquered became democracies after the war. There were hardly any Sikhs in the US armed forces then.

http://www.dothyphen.co.uk/sikhs@war/

Sikhs played a massive part in both of the World Wars, more massive than you would think. There's a reason Mr Churchhill deeply respected and thanked the Sikhs for their uncommon valor throughout the wars.Why would you try to disrespect soorme who fought against Hitler, especially when they are Sikh? You just disrespected all the allies who collectively fought and won the war. The reason why we, America, were able to accomplish so much after the war was because we entered in last and had the least damages. America lost a lot of people, money and natural resources, but not nearly as much as the European countries.

Thanks for turning a story into politics man.

HSD1 veer, why such negativity?

Anyway, i met one bejurg gora in rural town of georgia state and he followed us few miles after he saw us in car. He just wanted to see us and told us that he just wanted to meet us. I was not aware of our world war history at that time but after meeting him, i started searching and i found my new hobby :D later on i started collecting anything i find about sikhs in wars on ebay..

Anyway, i met one bejurg gora in rural town of georgia state and he followed us few miles after he saw us in car. He just wanted to see us and told us that he just wanted to meet us. I was not aware of our world war history at that time but after meeting him, i started searching and i found my new hobby :D later on i started collecting anything i find about sikhs in wars on ebay..

Nice, did he tell you about his encounters with Sikhs? If so, please do share!

Sikhs played a massive part in both of the World Wars, more massive than you would think.

Implying I'm stupid wont help you. In WW1 Sikhs played a major role as Britain needed people to maintain its position in Northern France. If the Sikhs hadnt been there it would take a massive stretch of imagination to see it leading to the fall of France. And even if France fell, so what? The German Navy would still have had to beat the combined French and British Royal Navies. And even if it Germany managed that, they would have needed more troops to hold France, invade England and fight the Russians. By then the Americans would have been well involved as well as the rest of the Commonwealth. So how did Sikhs defeat Germany in WW1? I'm not saying our ancestors werent brave, but this jingoism by kids nowadays who have no comprehension of history is staggering.

As for WW2, look into the scale of the war. Sikhs played a nominal role.

There's a reason Mr Churchhill deeply respected and thanked the Sikhs for their uncommon valor throughout the wars.

He liked Sikhs as he served with a Sikh Regiment in Afghanistan when he was a junior journalist. As for the World Wars, he talked about our sacrifice rather than bravery. Sikhs dont have a monopoly on bravery.

Why would you try to disrespect soorme who fought against Hitler, especially when they are Sikh?

And here are the pics. So who were the true Sikhs?

You just disrespected all the allies who collectively fought and won the war.

Please show me where I have done this.

The reason why we, America, were able to accomplish so much after the war was because we entered in last and had the least damages. America lost a lot of people, money and natural resources, but not nearly as much as the European countries.

And? Your point adds nothing. America roled out it's system over the countries it invaded. Do you honestly think that Britian would have given India freedom if the Americans werent pushing them to break up their empire? The British, and the Sikhs who fought for them, were trying to prevent German occupation of Britain and to safeguard the British Empire. Do tell me, how many Sikh MPs in Westminster were there before WW2? How could Sikhs fight for freedom and democracy when they didnt even have it?

I usually try to not get boiled up, but the stupidity of your post is just way up there.

Yeah I think I know a tiny wee bit more than you about the World Wars.

I thought Chardikala Singhs were not meant to be phased by things? I'm not being negative, just pointing out the truth. How many Sikh kids today compare to those who could fight in World Wars? Add to that the Sikhs back then were raised to view the British Empire as the best thing ever and to hate Germans and Japanese/Turks, we need to look at history objectively rather than looking for simple egoboosters to make up for things we lack.

HSD1, where did I say Sikhs won the war. Sikhs were known for bravery, this post was to tell the story of the person's grandfather and how he encountered Sikhs. Think about it, it's something that his GRANDCHILD knows about, that means the bravery of Sikhs must have been something else.

Just look at the Japanese Americans who fought in WW2, they were decorated with the most medals. This isn't some ego boost or anything like that, more of a wake up call for the youth. I know about the entire debate of whether or not Sikhs should have fought under the british, but why start a debate everywhere? It's actually quite annoying.

if you'd like to talk about this on skype further, send me your skype information and we can talk about it like gentlemen instead of trying to smear a thread with a simple objective of sharing a story of Sikhs and bravery.

I dont have Skype setup yet up on this laptop. My point was not to 'smear' a thread but to just point out that there may be many stories of Sikh bravery from the World Wars, but we cannot monopolise history. The World Wars were unfortunate and the logical result of centuries of european violent expansionism in the rest of the world. If people want to post what people think of Sikhs and the bravery of Sikhs back then, that is fine. But lets try to understand why they were brave or at least more brave then people like the Poles, who had lost their country and at the end of the day werent Sikh.