Where Will Sikhs Be In 50 Years Time ?

Nyhung

No normal person can tell what will happen or what to expect in 50 years. Could Sikhs have thought in 1800 that 50 years from now they would become Ghulams of the British? in 1900 could Sikhs have imagined that in 1947 partition of Punjab would happen evicting 45% of the Sikhs from their lands. In 1947 when Sikh leaders made the mistake of trusting the words of Nehru and Gandhi could they have imagined the betrayal and eventual Sikh bloodshed in 1984?

Best thing is to focus on the present. Do so much Bhagti that you should not have to retake birth again and come back to this sorrowful world. Give your children traditional Sikh values like love for Gurmat, Gurbani, respect for elders and Panth. Teach them to also be pious and chaste having high moral character. If just all the Amritdhari Sikhs were to do this then you will have succeeded in your life.

Also the trend of the last 60 years of the Sikhs having one of the lowest birth rate in India does not help the Panth either. Muslims and Hindus have a higher birth rate then Sikhs. They are increasing in numbers while we are not. I seriously think that Amritdharis and Monas who are genuinely concearned for the well being of the Sikh Panth should think collectively to have a higher birthrate. Atleast 3 children to insure our growth. I for one will do my part and have a large Sikh family.