Please Help Me I Dont Know What To Do

SikhSoldier01

Hi Guys

Background Info

I was amritari before when i was younger around 10. I used to do everything a Gursikh would do. Thing is most of it was forced to me. I didnt have any say into doing anything. So i cut my hair.

Now:

I was watching the tv where countless sikhs were protecting guduwaras and i just thought. 'Look at me, i eat meat, i drink, i shave, i do everything'. What has changed ?

I mean i cut my hair because i wanted to be accepted by everyone as an equal but looking back and now i am proud to be a sikh and i want to show it.

I used to wear a pagh to school and felt uncomfurtable but i was around 11 years old so yeah that would be normal.

My heart says go on with it but this world stops me because of the famous 'Self Image'.

My question is to everyone on here What Shall I Do ? How Do I Overcome This Obstacle ? How Do i Live My Life To Please Guru Ji ?

Hi Guys

Background Info

I was amritari before when i was younger around 10. I used to do everything a Gursikh would do. Thing is most of it was forced to me. I didnt have any say into doing anything. So i cut my hair.

Now:

I was watching the tv where countless sikhs were protecting guduwaras and i just thought. 'Look at me, i eat meat, i drink, i shave, i do everything'. What has changed ?

I mean i cut my hair because i wanted to be accepted by everyone as an equal but looking back and now i am proud to be a sikh and i want to show it.

I used to wear a pagh to school and felt uncomfurtable but i was around 11 years old so yeah that would be normal.

My heart says go on with it but this world stops me because of the famous 'Self Image'.

My question is to everyone on here What Shall I Do ? How Do I Overcome This Obstacle ? How Do i Live My Life To Please Guru Ji ?

Begin to incorporate Sikhi into your life practically. Things don't happen overnight and if you are just riding off the emotions of the past few nights, it is likely you could resort back to your previous state. Go to the ghar of Waheguru first, open your heart and the rest will follow. If you need practical day to day help, the company you keep is a good way to facilitate you embracing Sikhi. So making friends amongst practising Sikhs is important.

As for self image, on one hand you have the eternal creator and the other just creations of his, who would you want to please? Start off slow brother and visit the Gudwara on a regular basis and then maybe keep your hair and so on.

esingh's reply is 100% spot on --

ardas to waheguru is a starter and a catalyst for everything else- start afresh positively , one step at a time -- how do you get to the top of a building if you didn;t have a lift -- step by step warrior-- all steps no matter how small count towards any goal in life.

You have life , your own - please that first , once that is pleased u'll be rocking. YOu are so lucky to be associated to Sikhism - there is no other way of life like it out there.Grab hold of it with open your heart out Guru sahib is waiting for u to take the first step. As it's clear inGurbani we take one step Guru Jee take 1000 towards us.

Great question -enjoy report back after a month or so..

Start with mool mantar recitations every day even if you can only do for 5 mins. Read book by Bhai rama singh jee

http://www.scribd.com/doc/49191420/Bhai-Rama-Singh-In-Search-of-the-True-Guru-Scan-courtesy-Bhoojangi-Veerji-on-SikhSangat-com

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Bhai_Rama_Singh