Jelousy

_singhni_

Vjkk vjkf

Don't know if anyone else on here has experienced this but why does it seem like when your blessed with organising events why do people in sangat get jelous of you & all of a sudden try to put you down as much as possible?

I'm talking from recent experience but trying to refrain from giving away to much information

Has anyone else experienced this? Or anyone have any ideas as to why this happens?

Vjkk vjkf

Kind of, your best bet is just to ignore it and don't talk a lot. Let people talk to you and try as hard as possible to stay out of the spotlight.

As a GurSikhs we should try to help and yet try to refrain from getting credit that will boost our egos. People do get jealous and try to put you down with them, just ignore it and keep smiling and watch the fruit of whatever you're doing.

What if the spotlight is on you but that wasn't your choice. Ps: by event I meant camp

Mafi If I'm not making much sense; trying to get opinions without giving away to much isn't easy :p

Pick various (or ask for) sewadars and assign them duties and stick with the plan for what you want to do at the camp. Ignore the haters.

Welcome to Kalyug...

Kalyug will keep beating you in different ways until you bow 100% to the Master and accept everything as Him, if you get beaten, it's Him beating you, if you get hated on, it's Him hating on you. Until you get rid of the barriers and recognise that your Father is pushing you towards him in different ways through different people the irritations(pain i.e hell state of mind of people bugging you, irritation is actually Maya presenting itself as still being alive and kicking within you) will not leave. Brahmgyanis are psychologically sound, seeing pain and pleasure as one because when someone kicks them they recognise that person as God, they are afraid of noone and nothing as all is Him, they dont get over excited at anything because its all God who's been there with them forever etc- Nirboa, nirvair etc

Welcome to Kalyug...

Kalyug will keep beating you in different ways until you bow 100% to the Master and accept everything as Him, if you get beaten, it's Him beating you, if you get hated on, it's Him hating on you. Until you get rid of the barriers and recognise that your Father is pushing you towards him in different ways through different people the irritations(pain i.e hell state of mind of people bugging you, irritation is actually Maya presenting itself as still being alive and kicking within you) will not leave. Brahmgyanis are psychologically sound, seeing pain and pleasure as one because when someone kicks them they recognise that person as God, they are afraid of noone and nothing as all is Him, they dont get over excited at anything because its all God who's been there with them forever etc- Nirboa, nirvair etc

Aawwsome post!

Gauree:

Slander me, slander me - go ahead, people, and slander me.

Slander is pleasing to the Lord's humble servant.

Slander is my father, slander is my mother. ||1||Pause||

If I am slandered, I go to heaven;

the wealth of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, abides within my mind.

If my heart is pure, and I am slandered,

then the slanderer washes my clothes [takes away your paap]. ||1||One who slanders me is my friend;

the slanderer is in my thoughts.

The slanderer is the one who prevents me from being slandered.

The slanderer wishes me long life. ||2||

I have love and affection for the slanderer.

Slander is my salvation.

Slander is the best thing for servant Kabeer.

The slanderer is drowned, while I am carried across. ||3||20||71||

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee - Ang 339