Are We Willing To Bring Sikhtv Back!?!?

PARDESI

Just got a msg from a very close source that SIKHTV might not come back as there is no support from the Sangat.

I can understand as sangat might thinks that channel will be used for commercial or any other things.

But my request to sangat is when we do daswand to any charity or Gurdwara we mostly do it to the charities we know or the Gurdwara we visit.

We have been helping out SIKHCHANNEL, SANGAT TV then why not youth orientated SIKHi PANTH CHANNEL THE SIKHTV. which was far better then SC or S tv. (supports of the channel will have other thinking which I can't control).

Before all the comments I would like to make it clear that nor am I working or connected with the Channel ( I might be connected emotionally with the Channel ) but there is no other gain all I need to know why can't we have 3 channels or more while other faiths have dozens.

Paji Sikhi wise it was still starting, I can say that the programs they had lined up were no where near the channel which are broadcasting now! the channel had no fault till what I have seen ( if I am wrong pls correct me ) ......... I am talking abt the time when Gagan was alive and in charge of the programming.

I have never met Gagan but he was an inspiration for every Sikh youth...!

I am not here to judge anyone but seeing the current Sikhi channel broadcasting I can say If thy were not even broadcasting it wouldn't make any different .

As majority of there prog are been controlled by ppl with wrong ideology and some presenters are just trying to gain some name to get a better job.............

Are you talking about that Kabbadi channel?

In my opinion all the three Sikh Satellite channels (now 2) have been poor in regards to broadcast of quality programming, so I haven't missed Sikh TV...there's a limit to the amount of Kabbadi and Sikh sports day repeats I can take.

Besides, let's get the November trial over and done with....and see if there's a appetite to bring back Gagandeep's Sikh TV after that....

• 2 months later...

the playing of kabbadi was encouraged by the Gurus. It is like a national game for the Sikhs. So showing kabbadi is not a problem, unless you know little of your own history.

Screening a Kabaddi game once a month might've been justified then, Chatanga. But I don't think I ever put Sikh Tv on and there wasn't kabaddi on. Its all they ever did.