Singh In Heineken Ad

ASB

You'd be surprised to find even many haircut people who identify themselves with Sikhi do not drink alcohol. You'll find it more in Punjab because the indian government is promoting drugs and alcohol there. When you can get alcohol easier than water and drowned in debt, what do you think will happen.

Not to mention how the indian media tries to portray Sikhs. Jonny i disagree with your post, saying that only attempts to demoralize a Panth with a lie.

Not to mention how the indian media tries to portray Sikhs. Jonny i disagree with your post, saying that only attempts to demoralize a Panth with a lie.

Singh559 Jee, alcoholism has been a problem with Sikhs even before 1947. I remember reading an account of an Englishman who visited Maharaja Ranjit Singh during an occasion. He mentioned how the Maharaja and other Sikh Sardars were drinking heavily. How long are we going to blame everything on the Hindus? we need to own up to our problems and take responsibility. Pointing the finger at others, we need to first look at the 3 fingers pointing back at us.

Sidhi gall hai, if Sikhs don't go back to the basics i.e. Amrit Chanka and keeping rehet we can expect more of this crap happening to the Sikhs. How many Sikhs do you see waking up at Amritvela? very few. You'll be surprised to see that many Amritdharis don't even read their Nitnem everyday! how disgraceful is that! But all we do is point the fingers at others when the problem and fault is clearly with us.

Singh559 Jee, alcoholism has been a problem with Sikhs even before 1947. I remember reading an account of an Englishman who visited Maharaja Ranjit Singh during an occasion. He mentioned how the Maharaja and other Sikh Sardars were drinking heavily. How long are we going to blame everything on the Hindus? we need to own up to our problems and take responsibility. Pointing the finger at others, we need to first look at the 3 fingers pointing back at us.

Sidhi gall hai, if Sikhs don't go back to the basics i.e. Amrit Chanka and keeping rehet we can expect more of this crap happening to the Sikhs. How many Sikhs do you see waking up at Amritvela? very few. You'll be surprised to see that many Amritdharis don't even read their Nitnem everyday! how disgraceful is that! But all we do is point the fingers at others when the problem and fault is clearly with us.

Provide the account and where did I blame hindus?

I mentioned the government, but did not say hindu government.

Do you honestly believe Maharaja Ranjit Singh drank alcohol when he surrounded himself with Soormay like Hari Singh Nalwa and grew up with Akali Phula Singh. He did have a downfall when he trusted the hindu dograys.

There are medical reports still existing today that show that after Maharaja Ranjit Singh's death top Sikhs who were in his court were assassinated at night time (some by being bludgered by objects in the face).

What the GOI does we all know. But why are we so weak that we cannot just say a simple no to alcohol? During the puraatan times the same circumstances were there too, but back then Sikhs were morally strong and that strength came from Rehet and Naam/Gurbani. Now Sikhs are morally weak and I don't think it is just a coincident that we also happen to be ignoring rehet/Amrit plus Gurbani and Nam Simran.

Sikh Panth can only grow stronger as we get stronger in our rehet and read more Bani and do more Simran. Once we are strong on that front no amount of alcohol or women will be able to break our resolve. We will be as strong as puraatan Singhs.