I asked my friends..

S1ngh

I asked my friend why i never see him in gurdwara sahib.. he is about 19 yrs old..

He told that once him and his bro-in-law were doing sewa of washing dishes in langar hall on wednesday night (we have big program every wednesday in fremont) and there was this bibi jee too in pants/shirt (came from work) so anyway.. a sewadar of gurdwara came and told bibi to "stop doing work" because she is not wearing traditional salwar kammezz.. that's what his reason was.. i told him that's stupid and he should continue to go there no matter what and told him it's only between you and guru jee..

I asked another friend of mine same question.. he is bit mature (20yrs).. he told me that the major reason he doesn't go to gurdwara sahib is because he knows loads of punjabi sikh munday.. and the only reason they come to gurdwara sahib is to check on girls (I was :wub: @ ).. So he said.. if he goes to gurdwara sahib, he has to hang out with them cauz u know peer pressure or something like that.. so thats the reason he avoid going there on sunday..

Above are views of today's punjabi *sikh* youth in fremont...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This problem is more or less is same in India and outside India but I think in our gurudwara sahib apart from normal daily sked we should start making programmes/ activities in where this age group can actively participate.

First we need to bridge the gap between them (so called punjabi *sikh*) and us by encouraging them to participate in community services, blood camp, sikh martial art etc. Then gradually inspire them towards SIKHI.

The camp concept is excellent but we need more and more frequent strokes to bridge this grap.

With GURU SAHIB kirpa & hukam, the youth in our gurdwara sahib is going to start weekly gurmat class from this month end where in kids will learn gurmukhi, etiquttes in gurudwara sahib, basic information of gurudwara sahib and its various symbols, personalities, activities etc. , sikh history, learning kirtan (vaajaa & tabala), sikh martial art. Apart from this, there will be session helping them for the overall development, assisting / guiding them for their study.

bhulla chukka dee maufai

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Guest rsingh

look at it another way. If youth come to gurudwara cause of friends, great. Why? cauze today they come to gurudwara, at least they int down the pub, club, etc. we need to attract the youth with activities to get them involved, football tornement, gatka, etc but at the same time teach them about sikhi.

we me can combine activiies they want to do with traditional activities such as seva, sitting in divan, etc. my local gurudwara use to have one day where kids from panjabi school made the langar did the seva. this way may be they will take it up doing it them selfs and spend more time at gurudwara.

Ya ... this is same kinda situation all over.

Well we started up something friday nights... as we all know friday nights is bad for the youth where they go out, clubbing, bars, etx... so we started HOCKEY at the gurdwara here in mississauga, dixie gurughar, in CANADA :wub:

We are talkin about kids who are teens, and goto either high school, uni or even just dropped out working now, so a friend of mine and myself thought of this as a good way to gather them up and spend the time for friday nite at gurughar playin hockey. We start around 11 ish at night.. and go till 2 am .. by that time we all tired and therefore, no drinking, no going out, etx...

Anyone here wanna come, or know anyone who would want to PM me, or just come. :D

Vaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa Vaheguru Jee kee Fateh.

We should explain to these people why we go to the Gurdwhara and show them the light. If they dont listen, trust me they are missing out on a lot, if you dont believe me ask any gursikh and he we tell you. We should explain to these people why we go to the gurdwhara and we should do parchar to them. Please do parchar to these people who are in these situations because end of the day your doing seva and thats very good