BhaiSukhSingh

REHAT

gurU kw isK poQI ilK, pVHky vycy nwhI

guroo kaa sikh pothhee likha parrhakae vaechae naahee

The Sikh of the Guru should never write or read Gurbani with the intention of selling it.

Rehatnama Bhai Chaupaa Singh Jee

GURBANI

iDRgu iqnw kw jIivAw ij iliK iliK vycih nwau ]

dhhrig thinaa kaa jeeviaa j likh likh vaechehi naao ||

Cursed are the lives of those who read and write the Lord's Name to sell it.

Ang 1245

Anyone trying to justify the sale of Gurbani will feel the wrath of Satguru in this life or the next. Satguru Kirpa kar on these lost souls.

Read the whole shabad and Satguru directly points to another way many people try to sell Gurbani. A person gets an evil mind by selling Gurbani.

Mmmh! Is that meant to be taken literally or is there deeper meaning? As nearly all Gaini's, Kirtani's, Dhadi's, Kathavachaks etc. are doing it as a job, they get paid for reading Gurbani.

Also in most cases you have to pay for gurbani books or audio also.

Ummm, how is exactly is it wrong to have Ik Onkar on a shirt?! That's ridiculous that this would be seen as some sort of 'beadbi', I swear our own community loves to just punish themselves and quarrel over these types of non-events.

the ridiculous thing is that people think it oakey to to wear such things. As Guru Is Bani would we take Guru Jee everywhere we go ?

I.E to the shops on a saterday whilst we pass people smoking? would we take it clubs ? well thats whats happening

I.E to the shops on a saterday whilst we pass people smoking? would we take it clubs ? well thats whats happening

That's kind of what happens during a Nagar Kirtan, obviously not in pubs or clubs though. Guru Sahib is taken around the streets of cities and towns around the world. When I was younger I asked my mum what the reason was behind a Nagar Kirtan, what did it achieve other then disrupting traffic and making people think 'there are so many of 'them' and my mum said what could be more beautiful and benificial to the world than having Guru Ji's Darshan, whether one realises how lucky they are or not.

Technically my response has nothing to do with this topic and thus please accept my apolagies in advance if you feel so.

Mmmh! Is that meant to be taken literally or is there deeper meaning? As nearly all Gaini's, Kirtani's, Dhadi's, Kathavachaks etc. are doing it as a job, they get paid for reading Gurbani.

Also in most cases you have to pay for gurbani books or audio also.

Gurbani has a simple meaning and has the deeper meaning. Both meanings are true and stand to be Hukam. As the Gursikhs record the rehat, they idnetify this for us. Also many people discard the rehat of the 5 Kakkar and say only to interalize it. Satguru calls these people manmukh in Sri Anand Sahib da paat and then in 1699, when Maharaj gave Amrit and the 5 Kakkar. The same is happening with the rehat I provided and the Gurbani. Guru Sahib says don't ever have the intention to twist Gurbani into something the people would like, so they take to your understanding. And then Satguru also says don't sell Gurbani as the external rehat, where you physically sell Gurbani to make a profit.

I'm not saying Gianis, kirtanis, Dhadi, Granthis, kathavachaks are selling Gurbani, but when someone does something wrong, does that set the standard for what Guru Sahib said? Only in a twisted world will such wrong acts set the standard.

I think the 1469 ekonkar tshirt is ok i actually like a symbol especially when you have pictures of sant jarnail singh on hoodies with -akaal sahai etc.. whats that all about ???

and i bet most of you reading this has got one!!!!

and tell me why cant people do something about real issues and stopping beadbe right under our noses in all these super gurdwaras they do nothing for the panth other than take your money a providing a dinner services building extensions???????

what are they giving the sangat - if the panth is to survive then these establishments and all there so called soldiers need to wake up and change how they reach out to the wider sikh community

educate them not discourage them!!!!!

Peace!

I have asked a few times on this forum a similar question not one direct response. The question regarding possible beadbi which contains the points you raise

the ridiculous thing is that people think it oakey to to wear such things. As Guru Is Bani would we take Guru Jee everywhere we go ?

It has to do with Gurbani apps on our mobile phones. Whats worse is we keep phones in our jean / trouser pockets front or back or if lady in a handbag possibly. We touch them without washing our hands and if we are viewing and the phone rings? We answer it, putting the phone next to our mouth and speaking into it. Then the call is finished and the gurbani is back on the screen!

Now who has ever carried a gutka sahib or any gurbani in their pockets and treated it the same way? Just because the app is closed does it make it ok? The gurbani is still physically there even if not opened. It's like having a gutka sahib open or having it wrapped in a rumalla sahib. The gurbani is there but is closed and wrapped up out of view. Just like a gurbani app, BUT IT'S STILL THERE or not?

By the way anyone remember the internet shop that was selling pictures of Guru Nanak on under wear ?? so i guess thats ok to?

any how With Guru Sahibs Kirpa the site has taken down the t shirts so can admin close this topic many thanks to people who have taken part in seva.

Yes, I do it's a shame when I asked other sikhsangat members to meet upto stop the beadbi hardly any responses and the ones who did want to meet up did not show up. There was not even that many members outrage in the thread.

Gurbani has a simple meaning and has the deeper meaning. Both meanings are true and stand to be Hukam. As the Gursikhs record the rehat, they idnetify this for us. Also many people discard the rehat of the 5 Kakkar and say only to interalize it. Satguru calls these people manmukh in Sri Anand Sahib da paat and then in 1699, when Maharaj gave Amrit and the 5 Kakkar. The same is happening with the rehat I provided and the Gurbani. Guru Sahib says don't ever have the intention to twist Gurbani into something the people would like, so they take to your understanding. And then Satguru also says don't sell Gurbani as the external rehat, where you physically sell Gurbani to make a profit.

I'm not saying Gianis, kirtanis, Dhadi, Granthis, kathavachaks are selling Gurbani, but when someone does something wrong, does that set the standard for what Guru Sahib said? Only in a twisted world will such wrong acts set the standard.

You have quoted my post but did not address the last issue. 'Also in most cases you have to pay for gurbani books or audio also.'

In UK and India for a fact the majority of Gurbani audio cds / mp3 available are from T-Series, presented by Gulshan Kumar and every cover has an image of Mata on it.

It maybe different in Canada, but I've never really had the chance to speak face to face with Canadian Sikhs. Remember when I pm'ed you when I was coming to Vancover on business you said 'there was no need to meet up', we could have discussed so much and shared vichars, it was quite rude when someone from UK wants to meet someone in Canada and they just say no.

Anyway you touched upon kakkars albiet on a tangent, however they are also sold for a profit.

Maybe Sikh organisations need to get together and ensure sikhi products are sold not for personal gain / profit but at cost or any profit donated to charity or the runnig of the gurdwara sahib it is soldfrom.

You have quoted my post but did not address the last issue. 'Also in most cases you have to pay for gurbani books or audio also.'

In UK and India for a fact the majority of Gurbani audio cds / mp3 available are from T-Series, presented by Gulshan Kumar and every cover has an image of Mata on it.

Please take the time out of your day to pick up a dictionary and read what the definition of sell is. There is such things as donations or act of gratitude. This requires a person to pay or be thankful. When a kathavachak does katha, there is no amount of money that can equal to the wisdom recieved from the katha. however some see it as selling and it's visible there jeevans are very low. Hence they stand up for manmat behaviours like this t shirt and go against Gurmat. The simple gesture comes from the sangat to the kathavachak that we are thankful to you. Also an offering is given to Satguru when coming before Satguru. You have not understood what the Hukam of Gurbani or of Satguru is.

regarding cd's, again read the the Hukam and Gurbani. Two wrongs don't make a right. When peole can't find a way to justify a manmat act, they bring up other manmat acts to cover up the first one. This is wrong in so many ways, but it's the world we live in. Like Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj says, what is sour will taste sweet and what is sweet will be sour in this current age.

With Satguru's kirpa things are roling and the manmat people are trying to find ways to stop these acts by discrediting people who stand on Gurmat. Those following Gurmat are not worried and such acts are dealt with reasonable methods.

People have been bought by certain organizations to inflitrate the Singhs carrying out Gurmat acts. Such characters don't stay in hiding for long in this day and age. A genuine heart is one that stands on Gurmat and acts on it.

Its all Chardikala now with Satguru's kirpa.