Bring Politics To The Gurudwara Sahib

guptkuri

I know that the immediate reaction after seeing the title to this post was what politics and Gurudwara Sahib don't mix. But this is a bit different. I have always been a firm believer that the Gurudwara Sahibs should spend atleast 10 minutes to talk to the sangat about what is happening in the Sikh world. To update them on Sikhi and raise some passion in them to help them rise from petty Gurudwara Politics and unite to deal with the bigger issues that are harming Sikhi.

Anyways, my father has promised me that I will get time every sunday to talk to the sangat about the issues effecting the Sangat. He says I can't wait around waiting for someone else to take this step. I am too start the week after next. So my request to the sangat is help me every week come up with topics/issues that need to be brought to attention of all Sikhs.

And thats the problem.

And I am giving you the solution. I took the first step and got permission to bring Piri to the local Gurudwara Sahib here. Now its up to you guys to help me and also possible do the same at your local Gurudwara Sahibs. And if you guys don't. then you shouldn't be the ones to talk.

Ajj pata lag jo, are we only able to talk big or if people on this forum will step forward and help me.

• rise in patitpuna among Sikh youth
  • Sikh girls opting for guys with non-GurSikh appearance (regardless of whether the dude is from a Sikh family or not)
  • opponents of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Jee
  • increased RSS attacks on our philosophy/history, be it through academics, media, Bollywood, TV, whatever
  • lack of Gurmat education
  • lack of unity among Sikhs thanks to inter-Jathebandi competitions

others please continue

nice list now give me examples from the news or other sikhi sources that back this stuff up. so I can say to the sangat see this is happening, you can see this is the example of it.

For example if I tell them the Punjab government doesn't care about Sikhs. The example I would give is the World Kabdhi cup that started on the day that we were suppose to honor the martyrs of the sikh genocide but they didn't even mention it.

Good stuff, with discussing politics in the gurdwara. Though I would stay away from things like

Girls not going for sikh guys or people's lack of interest in sikhi etc. What I am trying to say is dont preach just yet. For the first few months get people listening to you and on your side and then you can start discussing other topics. You dont want to sound like a katha vicharak from the get go.

Topics to discuss:

• Issues faced by sikhs at airport, workplace etc
  • lack of unity among Sikhs thanks to inter-Jathebandi competitions (Yes its copied from mehtab)
  • Ekta between Sangat and Commitee etc