Non Amritdhari Reading Guru Granth Sahib?

Papisingh

What makes me laugh is how monay/sehajdharis are fine when it comes to fighting for a Gurdwara in their defense, as we all saw, when all the riots kicked off here in the UK, but when it comes to reading bani in the same Gurdwara........

lol

That is the state of affairs in our religion today.

But shame on Monahs to even think of reading bani at the Gurdwaras.

People need to grasp the plain fact that the vast majority of the people who make up the panth today are monay. Why this has happened is probably a matter for another thread, but regardless, pretending that this is not true is being in denial.

People need to grasp the plain fact that the vast majority of the people who make up the panth today are monay. Why this has happened is probably a matter for another thread, but regardless, pretending that this is not true is being in denial.

This is true, some people will argue that monay aren't Sikhs though. Personally I believe they are Sikhs, just not Khalsa so long as they claim they are Sikh. I have no right to say otherwise, but maryada should be respected and i don't s

An approach with love/sharda is needed i think to unify the Panth and bring the Panth (as a whole) back in the right direction.

I do believe a full rehit Sikh should be reading Gurbani at Gurudwara though...

This is true, some people will argue that monay aren't Sikhs though.

They may not be Khalsa Singhs (though some have historical roots in that direction) but they are certainly Sikhs. Sehajdhari Sikhs aren't a modern invention. A famous one people should look up is Diwan Kaura Mal.

I do believe a full rehit Sikh should be reading Gurbani at Gurudwara though...

Fair enough. I don't think monay are trying to take this privilege away from Amritdharis. But the wider issues surrounding inclusivity and plurality are quite interesting and of contemporary relevance. I just think Sikhs generally act very divisive in times of peace - but miraculously overcome these things when faced with dire threats. Only to continue once the threat has diminished....lol

But seeing as we have other predatory faiths around, more than willing to grab members of our flock, we might want to go a little lighter on the exclusion bit?

They may not be Khalsa Singhs (though some have historical roots in that direction) but they are certainly Sikhs. Sehajdhari Sikhs aren't a modern invention. A famous one people should look up is Diwan Kaura Mal.

Fair enough. I don't think monay are trying to take this privilege away from Amritdharis. But the wider issues surrounding inclusivity and plurality are quite interesting and of contemporary relevance. I just think Sikhs generally act very divisive in times of peace - but miraculously overcome these things when faced with dire threats. Only to continue once the threat has diminished....lol

But seeing as we have other predatory faiths around, more than willing to grab members of our flock, we might want to go a little lighter on the exclusion bit?

Yeah, I agree, they aren't trying to take anything away.

Yeah, we should be a bit lighter while still maintaining strictness. The key is how to properly balance the two i guess.

Please be careful of what you write here. Do not try to show disrespect to the Panth by saying majority of people in it are monay. Panth and monahs have nothing to do with each other.