Is The Dumalla Getting Too Common?

Gurooo

we really cant judge others can we. i mean who are we to call someone manmukh. "hey you are manmukh and you shouldn't be wearing a dumalla". next you will say that you shouldn't wear a paag unless you are a gurmukh. what i believe is that we should look in the mirror and try to find the faults in ourselves rather than point fingers at other. i don't like a lot of things that people in our kaum do. but all we can do is make a general request rather than point out a single person. anyone that represents sikh for example anyone who wears a paag and keep there hair or wear any other type of dastar, that person should uphold themselves to the utmost standard. no matter what one wears on the outside. people shouldnt not be able to say that hey he is sikh and wears a turban (paag dumalla) but does these things. he drinks or whateve. its not like people from outside our kaum know the difference between a paag and dumalla. this reminds bhagat kabir ji says.

maathae thilak hath maalaa baanaa |

Some apply ceremonial marks to their foreheads, hold malas in their hands, and wear religious robes.

logan raam khilounaa jaanaa |1|

Some people think that the Lord is a play-thing. ||1||

some people think sikhi is all about dressing up. but we need to focus on our selves. we need analyze the shabad very carefully. only the lord knows what resides in of everyone's heart.

jau hau baurw qau rwm qorw ]

jo ho bouraa tho raam thoraa |

If I am insane, then I am Yours, O Lord.

logu mrmu kh jwnY morw ]1] rhwau ]

log maram keh jaanai moraa |1| rehaao |

How can people know my secret? ||1||Pause||

qorau n pwqI pUjau n dyvw ]

thoro n paathee poojo n dhaevaa |

I do not pick leaves as offerings, and I do not worship idols.

rwm Bgiq ibnu inhPl syvw ]2]

raam bhagath bin nihafal saevaa |2|

Without devotional worship of the Lord, service is useless. ||2||

siqguru pUjau sdw sdw mnwvau ]

sathigur poojo sadhaa sadhaa manaavo |

I worship the True Guru; forever and ever, I surrender to Him.

AYsI syv drgh suKu pwvau ]3]

aisee saev dharageh sukh paavo |3|

By such service, I find peace in the Court of the Lord. ||3||

logu khY kbIru baurwnw ]

log kehai kabeer bouraanaa |

People say that Kabeer has gone insane.

kbIr kw mrmu rwm pihcwnW ]4]6]

kabeer kaa maram raam pehichaanaa |4|6|

Only the Lord realizes the secret of Kabeer. ||4||6||

Bhul chuk maaf

WJKK WJKF

• 2 years later...

In my example, the typical boat style pagg does not sit comfortable on me as it irritates me, so why would it be wrong for me to tie a Dumalla instead as I find it more comfortable. In my case, would you suggest I no longer wear a pagg than moving to something that sits more comfortable on me? By the way I have not yet taken Amrit but it is something I will take. Like others have said it's not good to judge and neither judge a book by it's cover.

Regardless of type of dastar or whether one is a nanga sikh; what is too common amongst anyone identifying with sikhi is the acceptance of lying, cheating, and stealing, no different than much of India and exported worldwide.

So regardless of how we identify with Sikhi let's not be passive associates of a criminal culture. Dissociate with that, challenge that as per our duty, be outstanding citizens and the dhumalla will become more common, and ever too common. That is the way to address the "dhumalla too common" concern.