Long Hair

Guest Kaur

Hello Sangat,

I have long hair and it has become quite damaged overtime (split ends and looks very dry, brittle and life less). I go to school with a bun as I feel so embarrassed of the state of my hair and my scalp is covered by a thin layer of hair. I have heard that the only solution is to cut my hair but I don't want to cut my hair at all.

What can I do Sangat?

Please help me :(

As a mona I used to shampoo my hair everyday. Shampoo is essentially bad for the hair, but conditioner (if it's a good one) doesn't do any damage to the hair (nor does it help). When I used to shampoo my hair everyday it made my hair extremely dry and it was getting hard to manage so I stopped shampooing everyday and stuck with conditioner and putting oil in as needed.

What you should do is get some baby oil and have someone (or do it by yourself) do maalash (massage) with the oil. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so and let it soak in and then take a shower. If you do this once every two weeks you will be fine.

I have really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY thick hair, but a little oil made a lot of difference lol.

Guest RavindaSingh

Wash your hair less with shampoo less as it takes out natural oils, try using alternatives like yoghurt or use tehl on ur hair now and again to restore the oils/vitamins etc :)

• 3 months later...