Assistance Needed - Death Of A Friend

worldview289

Firstly, greetings to all on these forums. I apologise if I am not in the right place to ask, but I'm a bit lost at the moment. My name is Charles, and I'm not of the Sikh faith, but I need advice from those who are.

Yesterday morning, a very good friend of mine whom I've known for almost 35 years, a local shopkeeper in my area, Mr Narogen Singh, passed away following a heart attack.

I know this is a very distressing time for his widow, Rupinder, and I am unfamiliar with the things you do following a death in the Sikh Faith. As a christian, we do all the usuals, such as send condolence cards, flowers, etc, maybe even go to the funeral.

But as I've not got much of an understanding, the last thing I want to do, is the wrong thing.

If anyone has any advice on what you should and should not do after an event like this, your help would be truly welcomed.

Thank you.

Very good of you to show such support to your friend. This is exactly how our community get stronger when we lookout for each other.

Here is the website which gives bit detail of Sikh funeral if in case you decide to go. http://aboutsikhs.com/beginners-introduction/life-events/death-mourning/

Sending a card or flowers is a good idea too.