singh1986

So basically in the summer months I am planning on going to Gujarat to help run a call centre business with a friend who is already established there...

He informed me there a thousands of Sikhs in Gujarat who have moved there for economic reasons as there tends to be rarely any jobs in Punjab... some have been there for generations!

He informed me of a Gujarat Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (GGPC) and that most the Sikhs in Gujarat are different from UK Sikhs on their political and religious views! Hes not a Sikh so didnt dwell on topic...

Im abit apprehensive about engaging with the Gujarati Sikh Sangat... I don't know why, but I just wanted to get a heads up about what to expect!... am I going to walking into a Gurdwara that has Hindu practices!?

So has anyone had any experience with Guji Sikhs, whats the views of Gujarat Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (GGPC) etc.

Thanks

Sikhs are Sikhs.

Culturally threre maybe differences but religiously Sikhi is Sikhi. gujrat is nearer to Punjab tahn Bihar and Maharastra where there are takht sahibs, The Singhs may culturallydifferent but you tend to find where there is a minority they tend to take the faith more seriously. just look at Pakistan, you will hardly see or even hear of a mona Sikh. If they are not amritdhari they are at least keshdhari.

I have been to gujarat many times for doing engineering projects as it is very industrialized state.

Yes there are Gurudwaras there in Baroda, ahmedabad etc. Gurudwaras follow sikh rehat maryada

of akal takhat and i did not see any Hindu practices.

There are many many sikhs in Gujarat and quite a few live in villages also. Let me tell one thing Sikhs

are highly respected in Gujarat. So d not go with preconceived notions.

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh,,,

bhai saheb jee....jee aaya noo...i am from ahmedabad, gujarat...family has been here since more than 60 yrs...

ur welcome and plz meet when ur here...best part would be stay with us....

dont have any pre conceived notions its the same as in punjab or canada or uk or any other place...

we have a very flourishing sikh sangat in ahmedabad... u will be amazed of what sikhs u will see here and exactly opposite to hindu practices u think of...u will have nice time here...in summer as in march to june is very very hot...

in simple words....Sikhs in Gujarat and not Gujarati Sikh. :biggrin2: :biggrin2: ...vow my gujju english has improved..no offence...

plz tell us if any seva is required...

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh,,,