An Invitation To Think........

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I recently read Al-Majorouns message to the world, which showed its mentality. It started me thinking how much we need sensible views and perspectives to be put to our youth and others, to really show them what religion and God are about. Below is just a start, may be others can make suggestions to improve it. Then it can be distributed, and put up on walls, to really get people thinking.

An Invitation to Think………

Sometimes it is important for us to just reflect on what is around us, what we are doing and why? It is important to understand what motivates us and why we do the things we do….

So let’s just sit back, think and reflect……

Look around and we see the hustle, bustle of life. Everyone busy, many stressed, just trying to keep up, trying to keep ahead. We all divide ourselves into groups, based on our colour, culture, nationality, religion, sex, age, education, wealth, etc. Yet we are all the same. We all spend our lives in pursuit, searching and striving for something better. If not for us, then for our children. The pursuit for happiness, and we strive for it in many ways. But have all of our endeavours actually made us happier.

This constant pursuit has made us humans, scavengers on this earth. We are ravaging it. You may think this is strong, but just think for a while. Look at every specie on this earth. Everyone lives in harmony with the others in their particular ecosystem, while living in harmony with the environment around them. They have their needs such as food, shelter, etc, just like us, yet they are content in their existence, and just do what t

hey can to satisfy these needs. They do this while being in complete equilibrium with everything and everyone around them. Only humans go further in our greed and lust for more, more, more. We disrupt and sometimes destroy these natural balances, and use our limited intellect to create our improvements to the perfection on nature. We bring change to nature, in our attempts to improve it, but do not realise for every solution we find, the more resultant problems we create. Can we humans ever satisfy our needs and wants, or is this a never-ending emotion?

We live our lives in the rat race of life, collecting more and more, and sharing less and less. This has become our nature. We spend our entire lives creating wealth, we lose our health to make money, and then spend our money to restore our health. So illogical, yet we all do it. Our cleverness has reached amazing bounds. Thousands of years ago we lived in caves in mountains. Today, we have cars, mobile phones, the internet, and have reached the moon. In another thousand years, who knows what we will have. But are really better off?

Not really, people back then spent their lives in the same way, as we do now. Are our rows of houses in our cities, just modern day caves in mountains, just providing us shelter? They scavenged to ensure food and shelter; we work daily in a rat race to do the same today. It is just we have more aids to help us in this pursuit, and more expectations and want bigger and better things. If we break it down to bare basics, our lives are not that different, just our environments have changed.

Today, we humans run to far off lands for better lives and prospects, and people in those lands run to other far off lands with the same hopes. It is just a constant cycle of change.

We group ourselves in religions, nations, in our tribal nature. Throughout our history, all nations and communities have at times oppressed, created repression, leading to the repressed to fight back and liberate, and then in their new role as liber

ated become oppressors themselves. So the cycle starts again. This is described as our human nature. It is us who have created weapons, including weapons of mass destruction. But why do they exist. Because we as humans prejudice other humans, this leads to ignorance, which eventually creates paranoia and fear. We use these weapons to protect ourselves from others, who are just like ourselves. We fear each other, but our fear is based on the notion, that the other thinks in the same devious way that I think, so I must protect myself from his devious nature. We spend millions in this fear and paranoia, but spend little in creating understanding and co-existence.

Our human nature is illogical, yet we constant try to explain it with logic. As children we strive to grow up, and we as adults we want our childhood back. We build more and more concrete cities, and destroying nature, only to search for that nature again to escape from our creation. We understand our rat race, but we teach our children to be part of it. We educate them in maths, science, technology, to create more means and technology to make our lives easier, but it is that same technology that has made our lives so stressful. Why do we never teach our children about life, about Sat, Sontokh, Daya, Dharam (Truth, Contentment, Compassion, and Ethics)? It is these that will give them happiness, not the rat race of wealth and power.

The reality is we continue to strive and struggle until we find and understand these 4 states of mind, especially contentment. Is it not true, that a rich person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least? When we realise this, we stop and discover, it is not about scavenging and collecting, but about sharing and enjoying. It is not about the searching outside, but the discovering inside. As in our nature we always find faults in others outside, but rarely look for faults inside. In the same way we always search for happiness outside, and never look for it inside.

When we look inside,

we find Waheguru. Some say there is no God, and it is just the human minds creation for finding hope in life. But those who found God have never needed hope, only those who have not found God need it. Others say religions create indifference and wars. Yes, some may have if there religions teach lust for power, conversion, domination, and superiority. Or some have just been hijacked by humans as means for their lust and greed for power and wealth.

Sikhism does not teach this. My Guru – Shabad Guru – Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib teaches me to love One humanity, and share in its goodness, and to resist its wickedness. It is not a collection of fables, stories, rules and regulations, economic system, or theories of future doom and destruction. No my Guru gives me the answers to the questions of Life - the Timeless Answers to the Timeless Questions. It is far beyond a religion, a nation, but knowledge which will become a global phenomenem, as more escape from the illusion (maya), and discover the questions and search for the answers. Sikhi is the perfect lifestyle, a soul, beyond male or female, living in equilibrium with its body, (rehat), in perfect harmony with itself, (sahej), in service of the world and humanity, (seva). Humans living and working in communion with each other, and the world, not escaping from it. Family people, progressing life, providing spiritually progressive education to children, and beginning them on their path to becoming the best human beings that they can possibly be.

No one is born a Sikh. Sikhism is earned, discovered and experienced. Any human being, regardless of any barriers, has the capability to reach the highest plains of spirituality, self-discovery, and eternal happiness. My Guru ji welcomes all to this path. It is not about making more Sikhs, we are not a group. It is about opening more minds to the path of contentment and love. Being a better human race, in harmony with all, and in harmony with nature.

In the end, there is only One. That is all there ever

was, and that is all we have. We are all One human race. We all live on One earth. We all breath the same One air. We all have the same One Life. We all search for the same One emotion in it (happiness). We all pray to and exist because of the same One God.

One day, when we will become enlightened and realise, whatever is on the outside is also in the inside. Instead of searching outside, we need to discover inside, discover that Spirit within. That One Waheguru exists in us all, we just need to remove the curtain of our prejudice, ignorance and hatred, and let Waheguru shine out of us. Let Waheguru shine in our faces, in our words, in our actions.

Discover Waheguru, and make our lives and the world a more beautiful place….

Jagjit Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!