Wearing Kakaars And Playing Sports

akaur08

A friend of mine who kept his rehit during national service used to tape up his kacchera closer to the inner thigh area, simulation an underwear, so his thighs wouldn't get abrasions when going for long runs or marches.

He also got a gatra custom made to fit the kirpan just below his chest, something like those gun holsters mobsters wear under their suits. And he kept his kirpan 5-6 inches for safety reasons, and got it chromed so it could stay rust free after sea swims.

The kara was usually the thin type which you can pull up your forearm and keep it there as a precaution not to injure others while playing sports or during close combat classes.

And he survived the army with this, I guess sports shouldn't be a problem :-)

well sports is much diffrent as the ref checks you.. and you cant wear any objects, so if they see it you have to come off the feild. so i dont know how that would workk

Approach the league and ask them to make changes to the rules. Get in contact with local Sikh sangat and they can help you out. Kakkars cannot be removed, if Kara, Kirpan, Kanga is removed then you must recite one Sri Japji Sahib and do ardas to ask forgiveness that the Kakkar was moved, even if it happens by mistake. If the Kirpan is removed then the person cannot eat or drink anything until they put it back on. If Kachera is removed then the person cannot do Ardas themselves and will have too go in front of the Punj Pyare and ask forgiveness and they only can do Ardas for Maharaj to forgive us.

Wear the Kirpan under your t shirt and tie a Kamerkusa around the kirpan so it doesn't move.