What Is Sangats View Here On Agnosticism ?

I've always considered it to be a system of keeping your options open. Its neither one or the other.

Although Wikipedia goes on to say....

In the strict sense, however, agnosticism is the view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify knowledge of whether God exists or does not. Within agnosticism there are agnostic atheists (who do not believe any deity exists, but do not deny it as a possibility) and agnostic theists (who believe a God exists but do not claim to know that).

.....so the issue isn't as cut and dry as it seems. I suppose the pursuit for knowledge is key, and whether the agnostic wishes to make that leap of faith. Although if they DID make that leap of faith, they wouldn't be agnostic anymore, lol.

I've always considered it to be a system of keeping your options open. Its neither one or the other.

Although Wikipedia goes on to say....

.....so the issue isn't as cut and dry as it seems. I suppose the pursuit for knowledge is key, and whether the agnostic wishes to make that leap of faith. Although if they DID make that leap of faith, they wouldn't be agnostic anymore, lol.

I personally liked Agnostic view , because they claim that humans are not in a position to determine existence of god or to determine his nature . Sounds a bit like sikhism , to be honest .

Agnostic has to be a humble person , it seems , because an agnostic does not claim to have knowledge of the supernatural or that which is beyond human understanding . Guru Nanak dev ji also criticized those who claimed to know for certain .

I personally liked Agnostic view , because they claim that humans are not in a position to determine existence of god or to determine his nature . Sounds a bit like sikhism , to be honest .

Agnostic has to be a humble person , it seems , because an agnostic does not claim to have knowledge of the supernatural or that which is beyond human understanding . Guru Nanak dev ji also criticized those who claimed to know for certain .

I respect agnosticism, as I respect all other religions and trains of thoughts.

But to add to what you said, they also belive that god cannot be proven...so many not exist.

But in Sikhi, beleiving or not beleiving is not the answer, its faith in gurbani and practicing it not just reciting it.

sikhi says, you will not know whether anything exists or doesnt exist simply by using ur brain how >u< see fit.. its done by trial and error through means of how the brain should be used as per its full potential.

guru ji says, dont take my word for it, jup it!

seeing is believing!

one can say all they like till they go blu in the face that theres a god. and i suppose, (using the cogntive part of the brain) nothing exists unitll new information is recieved refuting the non-existance of that thing (a very crappy way to look at life, but robust non the less as it ensures that the person is always right giving them peace of mind and comfort in this robust way of thinking. (like, is one not-guilty or guilty until proven otherwise.)

so all that can be done is to be shown the path how others realised XYZ aka god, and for that person to realise the truth for themselves. most ppl who have shaken faith, walk the path, come to a road block in their spiritual journey, i.e. death of a daughter in darwins case, and conclude that there cant be a god if god let my daughter pass away.

walk the path instead of cocooning urself in happy places where everything makes sense untill a new thing comes along and proves u wrong. live a little! jup jup jeeva satgur naao! vahaaaa!!!!!!! :D :D

seeing everything as it is untill other things are proven, gives no >solid< base onto which to build a personality. its good as per scientific things and investigatin after all, whats the point in not trying to understand his creation? :) . but imagine if u base ur entire life on somthing that is rooted in a belief that is true one time, and gets over ruled 50 years later! like FTL neutrinos :p

walk the path, to see the light. seeing is believing. this is guru nanak dev jis msg. y else tell us to jup! and giv ~250 years of katha (sggs) to tell humanity that, to just jup it!

in soo many rehetnamas, guru gobind singh ji and gurus and mata ji, say "guru guru japna, janam sau-re-ga" meaning, jus jup it, ur life will become complete.

jus jup it n see.

this is the choice wev bin given. hence theres a destiny and choice. and to guide us within decicions of that choice, what do we have? dhan guru granth sahib maharaj to guide us. rather, its less guidance, and more to pachaan the hukam. as all is under hukam ;D

(feel ive sed too much gen.. : / )

lets gope theres at leat 1 gaak..

p.s. im in the same boat as all of you!! (gur jahaaj khevat guru, GUR BIN tarya na koi!)

vaha vaha!!!!!!

gurfateh!

:glomp:

:yeehaw: