What Is The Best Martial Art To Train

hgsingh

Guptunknown you havnt trained in muay thai or you had a pathetic teacher tell me about limitations in muay thai when its proven itself as the best stand up combat system against all martial arts

Dude niddar singh and his students would get killed in competition that's why their to scared to compete hahahaha only a retarded <banned word filter activated> would try using his techniques in a fight

Your just another dude who has a simple mind and will believe anything go look at the techniques used in shaster vidya and if they don't make you laugh on how would that stuff work in a fight then you don't know anything about fighting

Guptunknown you havnt trained in muay thai or you had a pathetic teacher tell me about limitations in muay thai when its proven itself as the best stand up combat system against all martial arts

Dude niddar singh and his students would get killed in competition that's why their to scared to compete hahahaha only a retarded <banned word filter activated> would try using his techniques in a fight

Your just another dude who has a simple mind and will believe anything go look at the techniques used in shaster vidya and if they don't make you laugh on how would that stuff work in a fight then you don't know anything about fighting

You start threads asking for advice then go around acting like a damn expert

If you already know everything why are you asking questions

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki Fat-heh

CISCO makes some very good points. To be able to productively advise on this subject, requires a person to have had experience of the fighting arts.

Just a few thoughts:

1 – it is not a particular art that makes you a good fighter. It’s the combination of a good teacher and even better student. A good teacher, with dedicated practice and abhyaas, will have gone past the boundaries of his ‘art’ and come into the field of understanding the real skills i.e. body mechanics, positioning, timing, energy conservation, pressure points, muscle/joint manipulation, importance of footwork, breathing and internal power generation/usage. All good MAs share the same knowledge at this high level. There is only so many ways someone can attack you and only so many efficient ways to respond. A cat from Argentina fights the same as cat from Germany, even though they have never met. Man also instinctively has an optimum method of fighting, but years of films, media, McDojo culture have poisoned our natural ability. That is why those who mediate on combat reach near same conclusions. I say this having observed/met true Masters of different regional systems.

2 – Krav Maga is not an ‘art’. It is a mixture of fight responses which varies from teacher to teacher, most incorporate bits and bobs from their previous experience. It’s a good basic method of self defence, albeit being a hard style. Israelis and many other nations including US, are actually head-hunting and incorporating knowledge of other traditional Easter systems into their training, Ninjitsu is very popular in Israel at the moment (do your research).

3 – Re Filipino martial arts (my main area of expertise), Kali, Eskrima and Arnis are not different arts, they are the same. Eskrima is actually a spanish word (Esgrima), Arnis is the name used in different Islands and Kali was mainly popularised by Dan Inosanto. Kali is actually derived from Kalis, a type of sword used by the Muslims in the southern Islands. These names do not refer to a martial art, they are simply a collective term for fighting. There are actually many types of different FMAs under this umbrella, many of them are modern i.e. been heavily influenced by JMAs i.e. Judo and Jujitsu, others heavily influenced by CMAs i.e. 5 Ancestors, Wing Chun, Kuntao. There are very few ‘traditional’ FMAs left, and the ones that are ‘traditional’ are certainly not known in the mainstream. FMA also has it’s own excellent indigenous wrestling/grappling MA called Dumog, as well as native dangerous Thai Boxing and Street Boxing systems. Generally the North is influenced by the Chinese, middle by Japanese and South by Indonesian (Silat). Modern boxing i.e. ducking/diving, bolo punches/sideways (hidden) uppercuts (many things now banned in boxing) were derived from the FMAs through a mix of US Marines who were positioned in PI in the early 1900s and the early PI immigrants in US, most of whom were farmers, who took over the world boxing scene in a storm.

Most of the modern/well known FMA schools are competition based and rely on blocks i.e. stick on stick or sword on sword, the combat (traditional) versions have no blocks. Hence why the combat versions can not be taken to the ring due to dangerous 1 kill movements.

In the old days, (early to mid 1900’s), Filipinos competed in death matches, where the opponent was severely wounded or killed. These are the lineages to find and learn from, not the common sports/competition/grading based ones.

Lastly, there has also been a big Spanish/European influence on FMA, one great example of this the terminology used for the names of all the techniques, they are all Spanish! Plus there are few Spanish colonies dotted around the world, who have their own indigenous stick/knife systems which greatly resemble the traditional PI versions, only the avid MA researcher would know this.

4 – The work Kung Fu is also being misused here. Kung Fu is not a martial art, but simply a term to mean great dedication/achievement. China probably has more fighting systems than the rest of the world put together, having researched (and continuing to do so) it’s a whole universe. Kung Fu describes Chinese MAs, somewhat similar to how the term Shastar Vidya would probably describe various weapons based Indian MAs.

In north China you have the internal boxing styles (what I consider high level arts) i.e. Tai Chi Chuan, Bagua, Xing Yi to name but a few. Whilst the South has more external boxing styles i.e. Southern Mantis, Bak Mei, White Crane, Dragon, Hung Gar, Wing Chun etc. The main difference is the use of aggression, hard conditioning and hard chi, Vs calmness, body manipulation and soft chi. But in between there are many styles including the ones mentioned that make use of both.

In China you also have Sanshou or Sanda, the Chinese ‘sports’ art which is similar to Muay Thai and very dangerous. This art and Filipino Yaw Yan, are very dangerous in the ring and very similar to Muay Thai. But the Filipinos and Chinese clearly distinguish between these ‘sports’ and traditional combat systems. The Thai also pay reverence to the combat ancestors of Muay Thai i.e. Muay Boran, Muay Chaya and Bokator (all 3, great real combat arts).

It’s only here in the media hyped west where we confuse sport and combat.

Always perform a simple test when looking for a ‘combat art’ – does it teach you to deal with blade/sword/any weapon attacks? Does it teach you to deal with multiples? Is it simple to learn i.e. uses one set of principles for all methods of attack. As an example, BJJ/Grappling is not so good to you Vs multiples, weapons or going to the floor on dangerous ground i.e. rocks, broken glass. Same way – any weapon-less MA i.e. Muay Thai, Boxing, Krav will only have very limited success against weapons, especially blades.

The main problem is that there are many McDojos in all styles be it Thai, BJJ (which is Judo actually), Chinese, Japanese etc – it’s extremely hard to find a knowledgeable and genuine practitioner/teacher. Just because we can’t find a good mechanic/dentist/builder/lawyer, doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist.

Whatever art you decide to study, do so with an open mind, pure dedication and hard work ethic, courage and patience. Learn to see beyond the boundaries of your own art, don’t get stuck in cultish or tribal mentality. Learn one art at a time, don’t have 2 feet in separate boats, you will drown. Do a heartfelt ardaas for a good teacher and be patient, Sat-Guru always provide.

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki Fat-heh

israel and america and all other countries have always looked for teachers of eastern martial arts if you look at krav maga you can see most of the aspects came from eastern martial arts

i think your confused cause martial arts you call sport are modern martial arts that took aspects of traditional martial arts were the leave out what doesn't work and put in what does

as well huge reason why muay thai blew up in west is cause in japan you had muay thai fighters beating the day lights out of all the guys from china and japan who trained in martial arts like ninjitsu

so people looked at martial arts like muay thai cause muay thai showed it is the best martial art when it comes to stand up vs every other martial out their and the muay thai fighters did this against the best from other martial arts

mauy thai took aspects out of martial arts like karate

most traditional martial arts are just old and modern martial arts have surpassed them

thats why modern martial arts did so well in countries like japan in competitions

and no traditional martial art has that special move were you can kill person with one strike like you claim unless your talking about stabbing a person

but shastar vidya i posted a video why that is useless

lets talk about modern martial arts that have shown they work a lot better then old martial arts like kung fu

evidence of this is tournments were you had no rules anything goes competition with top fighters from each martial art and the modern martial artists destroyed the old martial arts from china and so on

japan is a country that has had dozens of these kind of competition

russian special forces have created their own modern martial arts including united states marines and israel and many more countries

feder emelanko big time fighter expert in russian special force combat

muay thai is best for stand up fighting

krav maga seems the best for weapions

but what martial art is best for both weapons and stand up no weapons

Guest Kluivert

lets talk about modern martial arts that have shown they work a lot better then old martial arts like kung fu

evidence of this is tournments were you had no rules anything goes competition with top fighters from each martial art and the modern martial artists destroyed the old martial arts from china and so on

japan is a country that has had dozens of these kind of competition

russian special forces have created their own modern martial arts including united states marines and israel and many more countries

feder emelanko big time fighter expert in russian special force combat

muay thai is best for stand up fighting

krav maga seems the best for weapions

but what martial art is best for both weapons and stand up no weapons

There is a fantastic martial art, it has existed since the first human being. It's called getting a life. You should get one and have an opinion with a little substance. You're like a broken record, you keep on repeating yourself.

There is a fantastic martial art, it has existed since the first human being. It's called getting a life. You should get one and have an opinion with a little substance. You're like a broken record, you keep on repeating yourself.

could you stop sending me private messages

and i find it funny how you are trying to make fun of me

is it cause i exposed how stupid you are and your a coward and an <banned word filter activated>

how you have no knowledge of fighting and thats why you were dumb enough to believe niddar singh

khaalis why were traditional martial artists from all martial art's always beaten down and continue to be beaten down by modern martial artists in no rules competition

these myth about traditional martial arts being able to kill with one strike have bin proven as lies in japanese no holds bared tournments were the took the best fighters from each martial art even in south africa tournments like this go on and brazil were the gracie family started these tournments of no rules fighting to prove their ji jitsu against the best martial artists and most lethal martial artists in the world and brought this to united states

these myth of how lethal a lot of the traditional martial arts have bin exposed and that is why these traditional martial arts schools have to lie about why they are to scared to compete and so on

but modern martial arts all come from traditional martial arts

as long their has bin war people have strived to create the most dangerous fighting system in the world

and that is why traditional martial arts are outdated cause with modern martial arts what you have is people looking at 6 to 8 traditional martial arts taking from the martial arts what works and leaving out what doesn't and innovating what works to make it faster to learn and more effective and putting them into the newer modern martial arts

muay thai is an example of this were they took aspects from many other traditional martial arts of what worked when it came to striking innovating it and creating the martial art muay thai and leaving out what doesn't work

that is why these traditional martial arts schools are a waste of time compared to modern martial arts like krav maga

and tournments have bin set up for decades to see which martial arts are the most lethal and you had wrestlers destroying the best fighters from these traditional martial arts in no rules tournments were you were allowed to kill the other guy cause their were no rules

with advancement in science the combat systems are far more lethal now then they were 300 years ago and they still grow to be more lethal that is why its better to learn modern martial arts

now lets talk about what modern martial arts are the best to learn when it comes to street fighting so handling one on one and multiple attackers and weapons