Secret Pakistan (Video) Bbc Documentary

dalsingh101

I've got to say. Speaking from a purely observational perspective (i.e. not as any fan of the Taliban or ISI!), for share balls and Machiavellian diplomatic skills, I'm impressed with the Paks. Not all the time you see a third world nation run rings around the Anglosphere like this. Looks like those people across the border have matured strategically?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSinK-dVrig

Saw it was an interesting documentary. The Pakistani government and militarily have given the western govnerments the run around and im sure the british, american and other nato country establishments are preplexed at not being able to crush the terrorist ISI machinary thats causing so much harm to their strategic interests in afghanistan and south asia as a whole. The British created the Islamic entity of Pakistan and helped created its ISI and train its secret agencies and armed forces. Then the CIA and (arab states especially the saudis) came along and gave billions in funds to ISI to help cause choas across the border in 1980s afghanistan and bring down strategetic interests of the mighty russian USSR. Now its the Chinese who are funnelling funds into ISI (maybe russia and saudi or other arab states too covertly) to do the same to western forces and interests.

Basically morally of story is the chicken has come home to roost for the white anglo/european western establishments who have only themselves to blame who thought by helping muslim leaders and creating muslim countries they would have influence and top dog status like days of the empires of the past. Only total war or covert funding of pro ethnic nationalist groups within pakistan can finally break pakistan and destory the ISI once and for all. However they would also need to deal with the saudi's and chinese too whose regional and strategic interests are not for that to happen.

when pakistan breaks it will be the best chance Sikhs will ever get to reclaim lost sovereignty and like i said before it is only a matter of time. Sikhs should be prepared to reclaim the Sikh homeland of Punjab. Those Sikh leaders who dont are not working for the long term interests and well being of the community. And we have all see what their tractics has achieved since 1947 a big decline of Sikh political power and influence in their own homeland even never mind branching out to spread sikhism to other area's.

I've got to say. Speaking from a purely observational perspective (i.e. not as any fan of the Taliban or ISI!), for share balls and Machiavellian diplomatic skills, I'm impressed with the Paks. Not all the time you see a third world nation run rings around the Anglosphere like this. Looks like those people across the border have matured strategically?

whatever problems that we have with pakistan..i respect them for the fact that they dont bend over for the western nations like the republic of india seems to do so often

The double cross culture is a part of Islam where even Mohammed signed treaties with his enemies knowing that he would renege on the terms once he was strong enough. All the Pakistani leadership from Zia to Zardari have done is taken western money, none of which has been utilised to build up the infrastructure and hence make the country into an economic power. The money has gone into the Swiss bank accounts of the politicians and military leaders but has created an unstable country which could explode at anytime and which is widely acknowledged to be a failed state. Hardly an advert for great leadership.

You have to see things in Pakistan's shoes rather than the perspective of the Anglo saxons. Pakistan has many reasons to help the Taliban. For strategic reasons, it would be in Pakistan's interests to help the Taliban gaining control over Afghanistan. Traditionally, Paks have seen Afghanistan as their sphere of influence so naturally they would want someone friendly to them to be in power. Paks know that the Americans are here only temporarily after which the Paks will have to deal with who ever is in power in Kabul, so they would rather have a friend then a foe in power.

For the Anglo Saxons to just expect Paks to give up their strategic position is really pushing it. To the credit of the Pakistanis they have played the Anglo Saxons quite well. On the one hand they took billions of dollars of aid and weapons but behind closed doors helped the Taliban. I don't think any other nation has been able to fool the Englishman like this. They have beaten the Englishman at his own game. I have no sympathy for the Americans. They are the inheritors of the British empire. They need to concentrate on their own economy and borders rather than controlling the world.

Traditionally, Paks have seen Afghanistan as their sphere of influence so naturally they would want someone friendly to them to be in power.

not always so Bro, India has been forging good relations with Afghanistan for some decades now. Pakistan hate this, naturally.

But to be truthful, it wasnt that hard to do was it? USA were so absorbed in getting the Pakis on side that they overlooked the unbreakable bond between the different nations, thier religion.

I mean, neutralising their budget defecit, paying off all their loans to the IMF, (controlled by Jews) totalling something in the region of £70 billion. They knew from past experince from the Russian affair, that arabs and afghans break and make allegiances at the drop of a grenade.

I think its not that they didnt learn the lesson, i think they WANTED to beleive that the Pakis were on side.

not always so Bro, India has been forging good relations with Afghanistan for some decades now. Pakistan hate this, naturally.

As soon as NATO leaves...all those links india has forged with the karzai regime will be useless..as the taliban will reclaim the country back within one year...in a recent report from the UN claimed this also...taliban will be back in power eventually...and with that the kashmir situation will flare up again as the taliban and islamic jihadists have promised after they defeat NATO and its allies in afghanistan...india controlled kashmir is its next target....the next decade is going to be very interesting

I tell you what, in my opinion, our own lot could learn a thing or two about independent mindedness from those Paks. It's our own tendency to cosy up with those in power without being politically and strategically 'sharp' in terms of an independent stance that makes us end up in deep crap. Like helping Europe with her world wars and totally losing sight of our own homeland and then seeing it split in two after a massive massacre (on both sides).

Anyway....

Part 2 for those who are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5-lSSC9dSE