Gagandip Singh Trial Verdict

SinghWarrior

I'm sure you meant to phrase that a bit differently. Please say you did...

Let me clarify that statement for you....I'm saying i believe he did not attempt to rape from the evidence i've seen. Some members are painting a picture of him saying he did attempt to rape her and he is a rapist i think such accusations are vile as we do not tolerate rapists but we have to look at the context of the "attempted rape" that is being claimed. This is what i think happened an emotionally vulnerable man who thinks a woman loves him makes a pass at her in the heat of the moment....and she rejects him....he is taken a back and this is the so called "attempted rape" that mundil has used because she knows she will get sympathy and be given a lighter sentence.

If he attempted to rape her she should have gone to the police why lure a guy into your flat and have him beaten? I think his consent steam of texts and calls wanting her is what drove her to do this, she probably wanted him off her back for good. He was besotted in love with her and paid for her university fee's, etc.

Vaheguru Jee. I'm not here to convince you all of what he was like, I've stated the truth and it's up to you what you want to believe. As I said, I know people he's raped, touched up and flirted with. Do you expect me to bring these Singhnia forward even though they haven't told their families about what happened? I don't think you quite understand rape and how scarring it is.

Carry on justifying it if you want, Vaheguru Jee knows what really happened and that's all that matters.

To be fair here, genie....And remember, I have no vested interest in this in that I didn't know the geezer or the woman....In Court, part of the admissible evidence, were the phone records of Gagandeep's mobile. As you know every text you've ever written in your life and deleted can be traced and brought back up again even years after deletion. Given the fact that he quite clearly sent texts in which he himself talks about 'trying to rape a girl' I'm just wondering why you think he would do that ?

Are you saying he said those things because he was some kind of phrophet and so knew what was about to happen in the future and so wanted to set a test of our faith in him as a sant ? Tell me thats not what you're saying fella.

Vaheguru Jee. I'm not here to convince you all of what he was like, I've stated the truth and it's up to you what you want to believe. As I said, I know people he's raped, touched up and flirted with. Do you expect me to bring these Singhnia forward even though they haven't told their families about what happened? I don't think you quite understand rape and how scarring it is.

Carry on justifying it if you want, Vaheguru Jee knows what really happened and that's all that matters.

I think you should tell your singhnia to go to the police if that is the case, we do not tolerate rapists. If you are truthful and are not as vile as mundil then you will tell these singhnia to report it. So we can see who is telling the truth and willing to put their reputation on the line and not anonymously hiding on forums trying to defame a deceased valued member of the community.

Look I hope this just leads to more mature and open discussions about the nature of kaam and how it affects us.

Personally I believe that keeping such issues in the closet (as shameful or embarrassing) can often have the unwanted effect of making them grow stronger, just like the effect of a pressure cooker. Then, with no guidance or experience (at least partly if not mostly due to conservatism) these powerful forces can manifest themselves in an extreme way.

That's not to let anyone off any hook because I know such actions would drive any self respecting, anankhy man into a frenzy.

There are a lot of lessons to learn here. About lust. About people idolising others to levels that exclude any criticism of their behaviour (yet another manifestation of that retarded conservatism in our community). About our portrayal in the media and how this can be used by parties (internal and external) for their own agendas. About the nature of physical attraction and how it can effect us (negatively AND positively). That's just off the top of my head.

I think you should tell your singhnia to go to the police if that is the case, we do not tolerate rapists. If you are truthful and are not as vile as mundil then you will tell these singhnia to report it. So we can see who is telling the truth and willing to put their reputation on the line and not anonymously hiding on forums trying to defame a deceased valued member of the community.

Oh dear! The rapes took place more than a year ago, the Singhnia in question had reasons for not going to the police (mostly so that it was kept hidden from family and the rest of society) and furthermore doing so now would not result in anything because Gagandip is dead. Additionally there is proof of what he was like so there's no need for more proof; in court a girl spoke about her experience with him, and then there's the text message, and then there's the witnesses, and then there's everyone else who knew what he was like.

You keep saying she's "vile" but I don't think you understand that if you call someone such things you're taking their paap onto yourself. Not to mention, while knowing what Gagandip has done I've not called him a single bad name, but I have the feeling people would jump down my throat if I did.

Trying to defame the deceased? Hiding on a forum? o.O

Um alright... I wanted to point out that it wasn't only Mundill he did this to, and it wasn't just caused by some "infatuation" with her... because he'd previously done the same to other girls. Was he in love with them all? Some people will go to any lengths if it means not accepting the truth. Like I said before, what you think isn't of great importance to me because I know what I'm saying is the truth, and arguing about it is futile (just as Gurbani states). Hence this will be my last response.

Oh dear! The rapes took place more than a year ago, the Singhnia in question had reasons for not going to the police (mostly so that it was kept hidden from family and the rest of society) and furthermore doing so now would not result in anything because Gagandip is dead. Additionally there is proof of what he was like so there's no need for more proof; in court a girl spoke about her experience with him, and then there's the text message, and then there's the witnesses, and then there's everyone else who knew what he was like.

You keep saying she's "vile" but I don't think you understand that if you call someone such things you're taking their paap onto yourself. Not to mention, while knowing what Gagandip has done I've not called him a single bad name, but I have the feeling people would jump down my throat if I did.

Trying to defame the deceased? Hiding on a forum? o.O

Um alright... I wanted to point out that it wasn't only Mundill he did this to, and it wasn't just caused by some "infatuation" with her... because he'd previously done the same to other girls. Was he in love with them all? Some people will go to any lengths if it means not accepting the truth. Like I said before, what you think isn't of great importance to me because I know what I'm saying is the truth, and arguing about it is futile (just as Gurbani states). Hence this will be my last response.

You are calling him a rapist, how are you not giving him a bad name?

Where is your evidence you talk about these singhnia if you are a woman worth your reputation you would present such evidence without giving us fairy tales of these so called singhnia who he did this too. If they felt it important enough to share it with you surely they would have reported it??

You are committing a big sin by defaming a deceased guy with vile accusations who is not able to defend himself yet mundil is still alive and can make up any accusation she wishes. Do you have any connections to mundil?

Look I hope this just leads to more mature and open discussions about the nature of kaam and how it affects us.

Personally I believe that keeping such issues in the closet (as shameful or embarrassing) can often have the unwanted effect of making them grow stronger, just like the effect of a pressure cooker. Then, with no guidance or experience (at least partly if not mostly due to conservatism) these powerful forces can manifest themselves in an extreme way.

That's not to let anyone off any hook because I know such actions would drive any self respecting, anankhy man into a frenzy.

There are a lot of lessons to learn here. About lust. About people idolising others to levels that exclude any criticism of their behaviour (yet another manifestation of that retarded conservatism in our community). About our portrayal in the media and how this can be used by parties (internal and external) for their own agendas. About the nature of physical attraction and how it can effect us (negatively AND positively). That's just off the top of my head.

I think its very important that we do not brush these topics under the carpet we do need to tackle hard issues you are right. And kaam is everywhere, it is natural for a person to fall in love with another we all need someone in our life to make us feel human however there is a right way and a wrong way about going things....certainly people are only human they do often take the wrong way in life but its important to learn from past mistakes so not to do them again....unfortunately gagandip has had that chance taken away from him by his brutal murder at the hands of mundil and co

Genie,

Both West London Singh and myself have already explained how it came to be that he was described as someone who "attempted to rape" Mundill. I did this when explaining to Kaljugi on the first page.

When your own lawyer says "Gagandip had his share of faults. There is no doubt about it. He may have deserved some punishment" (BBC), then it's fair to say that he's given himself a bad name.