Handsworth Student Jordan Ross Drove Into Popular Sikh Parade

Toofana

Handsworth student Jordan Ross drove into popular Sikh parade

by Chris Henwood, Birmingham Mail

Mar 3 2012

A 19-YEAR-old Handsworth accountancy student who drove his car through a Sikh parade containing hundreds of worshippers has been ordered to carry out 200 hours’ unpaid work.

The annual procession, from West Bromwich to Smethwick, was interrupted in McKean Road, Oldbury, when Jordan Ross drove his Ford Fiesta through the middle of it, said prosecutor Mark Phillips.

He told Wolverhampton Crown Court the teenager got about 150 yards along the road before his car was attacked.

Ross then turned the vehicle around and accelerated back through the crowd, parking at the nearby Railway Inn, in Bromford Road.

Mr Phillips told Wolverhampton Crown Court the drama continued when men from the procession arrived to remonstrate with Ross.

An off-duty police officer inside the pub then advised him to stay indoors for his own safety.

But Ross grabbed a pool cue and, brandishing the weapon, gestured at the men before police arrived.

Ross, of Farnham Road, admitted driving dangerously and possessing an offensive weapon and was further disqualified from driving for a year and placed on supervision for 12 months.

John Butterfield, defending, described Ross as a “decent young man” and said he had behaved foolishly.

He stressed no-one had been injured as a result of his driving and he hadn’t broken the speed limit.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2012/03/03/handsworth-student-jordan-ross-drove-into-popular-sikh-parade-97319-30449766/

This is Disgusting.

I recall members of my family describing this exact incident to me when it happened at the Nagar Kirtan. They were part of the Sangat that day and witnessed this Thug deliberately accelerating through a dense crowd of all ages, including infants in prams.

I can not believe he got away with community service and will still be attending University to probably claim a degree of some sort later on.

As described by my family - he was totally aware of what he was doing and did not spare any thought to the malice he could have caused, had he injured anybody in the crowd.

This sounds like a sick joke by the defence : described Ross as a “decent young man” and said he had behaved foolishly. Foolish does not even come close to the way this <banned word filter activated> behaved.

Had he injured anyone he would have been given a good beating and possibly lynched. We really need to start to draw up a database on these anti-sikh racist thugs. These incidents are far too common for us as a nation not to take notice.

Im not saying he should have been beaten.

Its the fact that he committed such ill behaviour purposely knowing the consequences of what could happen. Yet he walks away almost free from a result of his actions.

He apparently came out of a Pub and went back into the Pub. There were so many witnesses as to what happened and still he literally gets away with NOTHING.

OK maybe I should look on the positive side and remember that FORTUNATELY NOBODY WAS HURT IN THIS INCIDENT.

Its the INTENT that bugs me though - how he casually carried this out and now walks free.

Porsche911, this man wasn't black by any chance was he? Not that it matters, but I was just curious. Down here in Southall, I've seen two different instances where blacks have caused a ruckus at nagar kirtans and heard of another. Don't know what they are bugged by, just don't know but I would like to know.

On one instant, some black man was saying something to the Sikh lads and they threatened him with the flag on a pole. The incident I heard of was that some black guy randomly punched an indian lad in face for no reason whatsoever, but he didn't get off lightly if you know what I mean. The other incident wasn't really an incident but some black guy was walking through the broadway while the nagar kirtan was on looking like he was ready for war and with a fat chunky oily 'chip' on his shoulder if you know what I mean. Maybe they are intimidated. They say you fear what you don't understand. Don't know.

Endangered hundreds of ppl life and he got off with 200hrs of community service??

Had this been a case of Muslim or turban Sikh driving same way during Christmas parade then we probably hear 200 years life sentence.

I am not going to believe myself saying this but I feel that life of white human is more precious than colored as to white majority countries.

Porsche911, this man wasn't black by any chance was he? Not that it matters, but I was just curious. Down here in Southall, I've seen two different instances where blacks have caused a ruckus at nagar kirtans and heard of another. Don't know what they are bugged by, just don't know but I would like to know.

On one instant, some black man was saying something to the Sikh lads and they threatened him with the flag on a pole. The incident I heard of was that some black guy randomly punched an indian lad in face for no reason whatsoever, but he didn't get off lightly if you know what I mean. The other incident wasn't really an incident but some black guy was walking through the broadway while the nagar kirtan was on looking like he was ready for war and with a fat chunky oily 'chip' on his shoulder if you know what I mean. Maybe they are intimidated. They say you fear what you don't understand. Don't know.

YES he was Black. Dont want to make any assumptions as to why it could be relevant. All I know is that he purposely committed this act. He knew fully well what the implications could have been if he had injured or killed somebody - so how does he get away with 200 hours Community Service??

It really winds me up hearing about the sentencing.

YES he was Black. Dont want to make any assumptions as to why it could be relevant. All I know is that he purposely committed this act. He knew fully well what the implications could have been if he had injured or killed somebody - so how does he get away with 200 hours Community Service??

It really winds me up hearing about the sentencing.

If memory serves me well....and I don't even live in the midlands....but my memory is obviously better than many of you who actually do live in the midlands......If memory serves me well, wasn't there a big argument / debate at that time between the organisers and the black christian community over the fact that the basakhi nagar kirtan was to be held on Easter Sunday (even though basakhi didn't fall on that day)and thus every road would be closed off meaning none of the black christians could even get to their churches on easter Sunday ? If memory serves me well....it created alot of ill-fealing between the Sikhs and the blacks and to be honest, at the time, I could see and understand the black point of view. Our arrogance obviously wronged them.

If memory serves me well....and I don't even live in the midlands....but my memory is obviously better than many of you who actually do live in the midlands......If memory serves me well, wasn't there a big argument / debate at that time between the organisers and the black christian community over the fact that the basakhi nagar kirtan was to be held on Easter Sunday (even though basakhi didn't fall on that day)and thus every road would be closed off meaning none of the black christians could even get to their churches on easter Sunday ? If memory serves me well....it created alot of ill-fealing between the Sikhs and the blacks and to be honest, at the time, I could see and understand the black point of view. Our arrogance obviously wronged them.

Bhaji Im sure you may be right about the initial clash of dates between Vaisakhi and Easter, but im also pretty sure that the Nagar Kirtan was not held on the same day as Easter Sunday.

Even if the Black community felt uncomfortable about the two events taking place on the same day - THERES NO REASON FOR THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOUR FROM THIS KID.

The police must have done a poor job managing the march as in london the kirtans are lined with police who are highly efficient and effective managing traffic no car is allowed to disrupt the nagar kirtan and if anyone tries they police are right there to make sure the driver isnt let of lightly. Seems like the west midlands police didnt do their job properly.

Maybe organisers in the west midlands nagar kirtans need to work closer with the authorities in how to manage traffic and if such an incident was to occur again the police would be there asap to make sure the driver is suitably dealt with in a manor that Sikhs would expect otherwise our hands are free to deal with the offender who tries to harm our community.

Would be good if we can get a photo of this scumbag Jordon Ross so everyone is aware who he is