If I Wanted To Be Greeted With A Green Salaam, I Would Have Watched Sangat Tv

What do their political views have to do with Sartaj's spirituality?

who questioned sartaj's spirituality? since when was that the focal point of this topic?

if the congress party are keeping sikhs in punjab under slavery, and sartaj is on the bench with congress at political rallys, does he not have a political interest? you have an issue with me bringing up congress, but you dont have an issue with sartaj being compared to bhai mardana sahib?!

why is this question so hard to answer?

"is it right for sikh sangat to be greeted with "salaam" (an islamic greeting) on a sikh channel?"

before answering try putting your love towards sartaaj aside, a yes or no answer with a simple one line explination would suffice. .

Yes. If you go on a Christian channel and say Sat Sri Akal, what's the big deal? Same thing here.

I'm not professing love for Sartaaj. I barely even know who he is.

And I never agree with him being compared to Bhai Mardana Ji. No matter what people say, Bhai Mardana was a follower of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, and that makes him a Sikh. Sartaaj is not a Sikh in my opinion. Besides that, I think it goes without mentioning no one should be compared to Bhai Mardana Ji

paneer jeeo - your're really getting emotional with this -- no big deal matey - fyi

Salaam means 'Peace'.

it also can be used as a greeting, used synonymously with 'Assalaamu Alaikum', meaning 'Peace be with you'

well salaam means many things and one of them is that when you say salaam to someone that mean hi or hello .

A respectful ceremonial greeting performed especially in Islamic countries.

if a sikh channel is doing it bravo i say - we know what words mean in other religions and texts. - Our sacred SGGS is of 18 different languges - our tenth master is a master of languages some of tenth bani is in 52 different types of grammatical text. Our father is so great - so we are we as we can converse in other languages - what's the big deal paneeero

ks55 im not the emotional one calling people coconuts, internet warriors, brown on outside white on the inside, "they make me sick" etc.... just for having a difference of opinion!

anyways nice to see you've calmed down and that you finally managed to answer the question.

in four pages of comments we have the following answers:

"is it right for sikh sangat to be greeted with "salaam" (an islamic greeting) on a sikh channel?"

ks55 - "if a sikh channel is doing it bravo i say"

cookie loving, namo sharab - are correct - sartaj is simply the best - the best i've ever heard

Is he really the best? A lot of people around me listen to his stuff and even told me to listen to it many times. I said okay finally and i didn't see anything special about it or felt it was deep. Maybe i can't recognize the deep music he sings. But listening to Gurbani i feel completely satisfied and feel no need to listen to anything. With listening to Gurbani there is just a desire to listen longer and longer.

- some of his songs so inter twinned

with sikhe philosophical thought process it's unreal.

I think people listen to him because they are able to connect to him (on a lifestyle level and state of mind) and find a hard time connecting to Gurbani. I have seen it with my own eyes. A song from Sartaj comes on and everyone listens with complete attention and no one is talking, but when Gurbani is sung (even by an amazing Kirtan jatha), then people are talking and not paying attention. After seeing this display......it's not that Gurbani can't connect people, but Gurbani is very deep and requires from a person to work hard and understand the deep meaning it gives. Personally i wouldn't tell a person to listen to his stuff, but if a person is already listening to it. I won't tell them to stop, but i will tell them to keep moving forward. The way to move forward is actually listen to Gurbani with the intent to understand. ONce your able to do this, then you will never need anything else.

When you grow attached to such people, which many do, then you suffer a lot from a Sikhi point of view. Instead of follow Satguru's instructions, the person let's the ego get the best of them and says, look at Sartaj hes not doing so and so and hes so spiritual. Therefore there is no need me to do it. I grew up around the famous rapper Tupac culture, who spoke about real life event taking place in the world and he woke a lot of sleeping conscious up. But he only took them to a certain level and then it was a stand still. Tupac also had much negative songs and bad habits. Those that actually got caught into saying he's the best got caught up doing the negative things Tupac sang about and did himself. The best really is Gurbani kirtan and everyone's goal should be to develop the love for Gurbani, where you don't have to travel else where.

relax only five jeeo - im' not attached to him - what i am attached to is that people come on this forum with an agenda to diss someone who does a great job of punjabi poetry that is madness by youth who cannot understand the language.

your right Gurbani should be listened to 24*7 - trust me sartaaj is not ever over Gurbani for me mate - but respect should be deserved to anyone who is preseving th kavvi nature and deepness of our rooted language not just simple dissing