Have Sikh Parenting Skills Failed

hgsingh

A lot of sikh parents are awesome parents

But a lot of sikh parents fail big time

These are the parents who are amritdhari's and raise their children as amritdharis but these kids go behind their parents backs and drink and smoke

A lot of girls suffer low self esteem

Amount of guys drinking and doing drugs

Amouint of guys growing up as gangster wannabe's

What are the best ways to address issues with parenting and fix them or is it better to set up programs outside the home cause a lot of parents won't change so kids have places to go after school to build their self esteem learn sikh principles and so on and after school programs to help kids with school

If sikh paranting hasn't failed tell me why so many sikh girls marry pakistani

Did anyone say otherwise? It seems like you're arguing with yourself, lol. :biggrin2:

Seriously, I'm worried about the future as well. I'm concerned about those parents who are in their late 30s and early 40s who don't even take their kids to the Gurudwara. I doubt they've even bothered to tell them they're Sikh.

I would say if the parents want to give their kids a fighting chance at avoiding the kind of issues you've identified in your first post, they should ensure the company and friends their kids keep is monitored. Sikh (and Asian kids in general) are very easily led from what I've seen in my life. It was always the Sikh lads at secondary school who started going "sessioning" before anyone else. Once young guys get into that whole Punjabi / street-thug / romancer of girls-type of circle then they've had it.

I'm not really sure what happens with girls. They probably get distracted by Bollywood or something. :blush2: