The Ancient Chinese Terracotta Warriors

genie

I think he said "So are we Sikhs following the kshatriya dharam from a long time ago? Has anyone got an old book on this subject matter?"

So the kshatriya way, I'm presuming, is universal but when the Khalsa was created it was revived and presented in it's purest form?

Yes the Khalsa seem to be the only ones now carrying on this tradition, and even in the bible samson said his supernatural strength was in his uncut hair. "If my hair is cut, my strength will go".

Yes the Khalsa seem to be the only ones now carrying on this tradition, and even in the bible samson said his supernatural strength was in his uncut hair. "If my hair is cut, my strength will go".

Whilst I'm not one to support my beliefs in Sikhi through links with the Bible, even as a kid I always found the tale of Samson and his kesh fascinating. There must be something in it when so many different (non-Sikh) sources cite kesh as a positive.

I mean look what happened to Fernando Torres when he cut his hair and moved to Chelsea - the poor fellas been firing blanks ever since.

Whilst I'm not one to support my affinity for Sikhi through links with the Bible, even as a kid I always found the tale of Samson and his kesh fascinating. There must be something in it when so many different (non-Sikh) sources cite kesh as a positive.

I mean look what happened to Fernando Torres when he cut his hair and moved to Chelsea - the poor fellas been firing blanks ever since.

lol I believe samson was a more powerful example than Torres but yes. The longer hair you have the more natural flare and magical abilities you seem to have as a person. Even Batistuta the legendary Argentine footballer he had amazing pace and shooting ability.

Lol. I'm loving the Torres example. :)

But...on the flip side....for every 'Torres' there's always an Andy Caroll and Robbie Savage that would suggest otherwise.

But.....then again...thinking about it...Beni Assia-Kouto has been performing wonders left back for Tottenham ever since he's let his afro grow wild.

Before the mods crack down on this OT talk - started by me, of course - I will say that Carroll and Savage most likely had long hair as a fashion statement and had it styled, etc. The genuine growers of long hair just let it breathe and don't really care how it looks.

Kaljugi-logic in effect. :biggrin2:

I can't remember if Native American warriors also grew their hair? I'm sure I vaguely remember seeing pictures of the men with amazingly long kesh.

Before the mods crack down on this OT talk - started by me, of course - I will say that Carroll and Savage most likely had long hair as a fashion statement and had it styled, etc. The genuine growers of long hair just let it breathe and don't really care how it looks.

Kaljugi-logic in effect. :biggrin2:

I can't remember if Native American warriors also grew their hair? I'm sure I vaguely remember seeing pictures of the men with amazingly long kesh.

Yes, they actually did.

https://indianinthemachine.wordpress.com/2010/12/09/the-truth-about-hair-and-why-nativeindians-would-keep-their-hair-lon/

http://www.sikhnet.com/news/truth-about-hair