Twisted Islamo-Facist Pakistani Drama About Sikhs 1947

genie

Guest KopSingh

Maybe if we radicalise our youth against Pakistan and muslims and present counter propaganda it will balance things up...

if we radicalise our youth all you get is pappus given militant sikhs grief for havin the guts 2 stand up

Yes there was madness on all sides, however thats not the issue the issue is that this propaganda material is brain washing naiave average pakistani muslims to show our people and faith in a bad light and theirs some how better.

So Sikhs should object strongly to such propaganda material that demonises our community.

Bruvs, there's about 100,000 books, articles and films out there in the public domain, written by Sikhs and Hindus that came from Lahore etc that depict the muslim as the killer and the Sikh as the innocent sufferer. So much so, that I would hazard a guess that 80% of Sikhs don't even know about the sheer number of muslims killed by sikhs during partition. Trust me, we're in no position to talk about being 'balanced' and 'fair' in our films and written words. You see we Sikhs have a problem when it comes to learning about the true facts of what happened during partition. The problem is that 99.9% of all our books and written accounts on the subject are written by those who belong to the urban educated class that escaped Lahore. They truly suffered. They really did. But we are mistakingly accepting their reality as reprsentative of the majority. That is not the case. In the heartlands of central Punjab it was purely a case of sikhs butchering muslims at a frenzied rate. The true case is that Sikhs suffered huge damage in terms of property and land whearas the muslims suffered huge damage in terms of human life. Property can be re-built. A human life cannot. We've told our side of the story ten thousand times in ten thousand books and films. They tell their side of the story once and we jump down their throat. Where's the 'balance' here ?

Bruvs, there's about 100,000 books, articles and films out there in the public domain, written by Sikhs and Hindus that came from Lahore etc that depict the muslim as the killer and the Sikh as the innocent sufferer. So much so, that I would hazard a guess that 80% of Sikhs don't even know about the sheer number of muslims killed by sikhs during partition. Trust me, we're in no position to talk about being 'balanced' and 'fair' in our films and written words. You see we Sikhs have a problem when it comes to learning about the true facts of what happened during partition. The problem is that 99.9% of all our books and written accounts on the subject are written by those who belong to the urban educated class that escaped Lahore. They truly suffered. They really did. But we are mistakingly accepting their reality as reprsentative of the majority. That is not the case. In the heartlands of central Punjab it was purely a case of sikhs butchering muslims at a frenzied rate. The true case is that Sikhs suffered huge damage in terms of property and land whearas the muslims suffered huge damage in terms of human life. Property can be re-built. A human life cannot. We've told our side of the story ten thousand times in ten thousand books and films. They tell their side of the story once and we jump down their throat. Where's the 'balance' here ?

Did Sikhs not suffer as much in human life? Are you for real? Ask the fathers who had his daughters kidnapped or had to behead his daughters so save them from being raped and murdered later on by the muslim mobs.

And I'm not even saying that is the issue you skip over it conveniently....the problem is they use their material to instill create active hatered against Sikhs and other non-muslims. They dont even need an excuse as Quran and Sunnah is enough for a Muslim to be haterful of non-muslims....so anything that adds to that hatred is only a bonus to the Islamo-fascist propagandists.

I cant believe your even defending this material and think its fair play, a true Sikh would be outraged how our community is demonised or mocked in their popular serials as if bollywood wasnt bad enough.

Did Sikhs not suffer as much in human life? Are you for real?

Of course I'm for real. I know how to read. If you bothered to research the facts than you too could see how we Sikhs were the biggest killers and the muslims lost the greatest number of lives. Have you any idea of what our great-grandfathers did to muslim men, women and children in the district Jalandhar during partition ? I know because it was my own family bajurgs that were doing the terrible deeds.

Every story needs to be told, Genie. Our bhappa friends in Delhi via Lahore have told their story a billion times. Don't demonise the other side for telling their story once.

Of course I'm for real. I know how to read. If you bothered to research the facts than you too could see how we Sikhs were the biggest killers and the muslims lost the greatest number of lives. Have you any idea of what our great-grandfathers did to muslim men, women and children in the district Jalandhar during partition ? I know because it was my own family bajurgs that were doing the terrible deeds.

Every story needs to be told, Genie. Our bhappa friends in Delhi via Lahore have told their story a billion times. Don't demonise the other side for telling their story once.

so your the type of Sikh if you are a Sikh to shrug your shoulders say 'oh well' and even sell out your own kind rather than actively stop something being done to our community. Seems like you agree with this type of material...shameful

And yes I have read what Sikhs did if you had bothered to read my previous posts you would see i stated there was madness on all sides. Sikhs only hit back after their famililes were murdered and raped and their holy places desecrated and destroyed. This is when Sikh jatha's formed and hit back at muslim populations. Also the pakistan muslim league / Ali sena and hindu Mahasabha and RSS hindu cadres were actively killing Hindus and Muslims alike... I know what went on and dont say Sikhs were the biggest killers of muslims because thats the biggest lie I've ever read from you whereas its a fact Muslims were the only Killers of Sikhs in 1947 in many places (such as karachi/sindh and mirpur/Kashmir) not just punjab. It was the Hindu militant organisations such as RSS and others who killed the most number of Muslims. Sikh Militant Jatha's were very localised to Punjab whereas the Hindus Militants were spread throughout India.

We all need to be honest and acknowledge the fact atrocities were comitted by all communites during partition. No single community came out as angels. It was <banned word filter activated> for tat. maybe I m baised but I 've read many accounts that it was the muslims who stroke first and as the Sikhs had already organised themselves into jathas they were prepaired for retribution. I mean who wouldn't? It's all very easy living the lifes we do today saying 'no we should hold the moral ground etc etc'.

But no one knows what they would do when faced with the situation. If your community had been attacked, murdered, raped etc. would your blood not boil and seek revenge? We don't know how someone will react until faced with a situation. Like this is a stupid example but just look at New Orleans during Katrina, America one of the worlds most civilised countries, during unprecendented circumstances society broke down and all hell broke lose during the aftermath.

I know people go on about Guru Ji's bachan, regarding Malerkotla but I think it was directed towards the Nawabs family not the whole populace (maybe i'm wrong). But I would say Sikhs are more compasionate and understanding as It's intresting to note Malerkotla is the only city in Punjab in which the majority of the residents faith is the minority faith in the whole state or province (Pak). I.e majority muslims in this city, only city in Punjab State. In Pakistan the Province of Punjab there is no single city or town with a sikh or Hindu majority. Even where our holy shrines are located, the cities are dominated by Muslims. Sri Nanakana Sahib should have had a Sikh majority as was the case but it doesn't. Same with other places such as town of Hassan Abdul (where Sri Panja Sahib is). Punjabs Muslims prior to 1947 did and most probably to a lesser extent today held Baba Nanak in high esteem but they still drove out most of the Sikhs from the places we hold close to our hearts.

We should never forget history, but maybe dwell less upon the negatives and emphasis the positives. Like there were many people of the opposing faiths who did help their friends and as the case with most pindus they were almost like extended family.

Also my grandads both told me of the help they provided and they recieved after partition. My paternal side has always been in Doaba (Nawanshahr / S.B.S.N). When the bharley (outsiders) came as they were refered too my Baba's family took in a family (not like of 4 or 5, but a whole family elders (thaiye, chachey), there kids and daughter-in-laws and kids also) for around 7 or 8 months till they had all of the stuff sorted out from the govt.

My nanas side there were 3 brothers whose ancestors were originally from Doaba. Moved during the 1880's or early 1890's to the canal colnies near Montgomery present day Sahiwal. Anyways my nanas grandad was in the army and for his service he was awarded the option of huge amounts of land in the new colonies which were prior too reclaimation deserts or marshland at very favourable rates (as my nana told). Anyway after they proved there credentials the new govt. awarded them land in Nawanshahr dist. They were fortunate to have origanally been from the area and so stayed with extended family for months. My nana had very fond memories of his childhood and early adult life. He loved it where he was bought up. He said he had many Hindu and Muslim friends who were like proper family.

Many bad things happend during partiton, but after the human side came out and people welcomed people they didn't know or were'nt related to and made them family for the short period they were together. It something we can learn from. I mean today you hear of brothers not helping each other. If one is in Punjab and the other abroad they try to steal the others inheritance, by putting all the land into their name. Or some who struggle by farming their brother charges them 'theka' rent for the land which is his share.

My grandad's are dead but I'm lucky to have spoken with them extensively about their background and their lives. It's something to pass onto my kids. Alot of people from the 1947 era are getting old now, so like another member started a thread about we should engage with them and hear their stories and preserve our history.

Partition was pretty dreadful and disgusting event that should sicken every sane human being the British establishment have done alot of evil things but this was one of their worst acts dividing communities like this which utimately hurt our community the most. Important thing is how we learn from the mistakes of the past and not to instill that hatered that future generations might suffer due to actions of the past. But if islamo-fascists want to go down that road then Sikhs will have no choice but to radicalise our youth to equally teach them to fight the aggressors cyber, media, spiritual, physical, etc until victory is achieved. Sikhs always react after attacks on us we do not go out seeking fights we wish goodness for all of humanity and thats the way it should be.

even muslim women have told in documenty's that muslims started the violence. they have said that they were forced to wear hijabs to survive when people would come to the vilages / on trains to kill. (before not all muslim punjabi women wore hijabs, even today not all do).

ive also seen a video on a pakistani channel of singhs forcing a girl to chhak amrit... and on the way to the gurdwara the singhs were doing bhangra!! - what <banned word filter activated>!!... they switched their roles on us... never have sikhs had a history of forcing others to convert. yes sikhs did kill muslims and vice versa... but i find it hard to beliueve that sikhs forced musalman women to convert. total horse crap.

also...

in our pind in jhalandar, we have a mosk that my mums family have been looking after since partition. its been abandoned but theyve been looking after it and havent let the gvt demolish it. Ill actually have a clip of this and share it with yall shortly.

killings aside for a sec (this argument can go on for ever)...

during partition were sikhs hellbend on converting muslim women into sikhs?... i doubt it... if so, this new found trend would have continued and turned into a visibable tradition today.... whereas with muslims, they are hellbent on converting sikh girls..... in this respect, the clip in the original post has flipped the roles of sikhs and muslims.

fact: after partition many sikh families adopted muslim orphans and raised them as muslims reading to them verses from the koran...

fact: after partition... many sikh orphans in pakistan were forced to convert to muslims... also... even today sikh/hindu girls are abducted in pakistan on a weekly basis....

was the role of sikhs squeeky clean in 1947 - no.... cause not... but compaired to muslims it was....

you may not agree with all / some of my views - fair enough....

but we should all be able to agree on this:

out of Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs... The Sikhs lost the most from the partition of India.