Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj gave Gurship to Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and this is the most fundamental teaching given. Everything else comes after.

accepted that this is the most fundamental teaching, but who decides which of our Guru's teachings are worth following more than others.

namdhari sikhs for their obvious fault still hold other teachings of our gurus as fundamentally as we hold SGGS to be eternal Guru.

They're not Sikhs...but do amazing kirtan! Although I'm not sure if we are allowed to listen to kirtan by them...

Waheguru, That is true. They do good kirtan. I have heard one of their kirtan, I reallly loved it. I use to think that I can't listen to them. I asked my ustaadji, the person that teaches me kirtan they said, Gurbani can be sung by anyone, as long as they are singing gurbani and the right way, it should be okay to listen to them. If they are doing beadbi, then no of cos. Guru Granth Sahib ji is for everyone right.

Stop trying to make out naamdharis are sikhs thats an insult! They are not sikhs they believe in a human guru and go against the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. They are not accepted and are rejected!

They are not rejected by Sri Akal Takht Sahib, so we have no right to reject them either. Unless you want to go against Sri Akal Takht Sahib. If you dont beleive me, then next time you in Amritsar, go there, and find out whether NaamDhari Sikhs are accepted as part of Guru Khalsa Panth. Make sure someone goes with you to catch you when you fall.

They're not Sikhs...but do amazing kirtan! Although I'm not sure if we are allowed to listen to kirtan by them...

Like saying my boss is a Christian im not sure if i should work with him, or would you not listen to nustar fateh ali khan singing Bhagats Kabirs bani because he's Muslim

Yea there not Guru Nanaks dev jees Sikhs but there humans and God resides within everyone good or Bad.

They are not rejected by Sri Akal Takht Sahib, so we have no right to reject them either. Unless you want to go against Sri Akal Takht Sahib. If you dont beleive me, then next time you in Amritsar, go there, and find out whether NaamDhari Sikhs are accepted as part of Guru Khalsa Panth. Make sure someone goes with you to catch you when you fall.

Pffft when you say akal takht says there part of the Panth, thats just such a lame way to prove your question, if someone says yea i dont believe that there sikh, you have just stated you dont belive in Akal Takht, and if you say, you do belive there part of the punth, then you've given a sect which is trying to devide the Sikh nation with propaganda and Lies legitimacy, so have some self respect and dont put people in that position, in my opinion Akal Takht has have been taken over by heretics

How do you know that akaal takt does?:D curious question;D

Guest KopSingh

well nusrat fateh ali khan/mohd rafi have sung mittar pyare nu/koi bole ram, sum of them have been sung much them much better than our own granthis, also shafaqat ali khan has sung waho waho gobind singh. Angrez ali is a staunch khalistani, who revealed hes writing khalistan commando force songs. also u guys shud listen 2 sum sufi songs, coz sufi songs, not matter how much they may seem 2 b singing about a girl/boy, but infact its ALWAYS ALWAYS about god!

this is one example - if anyone wud like translations in to english or would like the mp3 song, then PM me ur email addresses, il send it 2 u

this is:

Mukhtar sahota feat.Lakhwinder wadali/Puran chand wadali - Charka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCI-u4Hq8vI

if understood, is absolutly outstanding song, 1 of the best ever!

What about nanakpathis - they who follow Guru Ji when he appeared in his first human form but then don't follow him in his subsequent forms?

A Sikh is he who accepts Guru Ji in his forms from Guru Nanak to Guru Gobind Singh, and acknowledges his current form of Guru Granth Sahib. To believe in anyone else as Guru would go against this.