Jagir Kaur

S1ngh

Bibi Jagir Kaur Punjab minister convicted for some serious charges (5 years jail term) conspiring for honour killing of her daughter (kidnapping, illegal detention, force abortion etc..).

She will be arrested and going to jail for quite some time (term/punishment still pending by judge). badal now got to find other cabinet minister to replace her.

This is a good news, kurimar and narimar are two of cardinal sins mentioned in puratan rehitnamas, it should not be tolerated on any levels - indian court laws nor sikh maryada. I am disappointed at 5 year jail term though. This was pre-meditated murder requires maximum penalty and I am even more disappointed how she was allowed to be still member in SGPC...that was pretty bad example set for sangat.

Overall, this sends an strong example to all the punjabis who think they can kill their daughters/daughter in law/sisters honor or not and not face consequences.

A better example would've been to cut the daughter off and send her off with her lover / husband so at least they can live together as a married couple if they wanted to. At least then she can hold her head high in public and say "She means nothing to me anymore. I have cut all ties with her".

I'm still baffled about why some of our lot go mental like this over a Sikh on Sikh marriage?

Presuming the daughter was trying to marry another apna?

Says a lot when a blatant kurimaar can be in one of the highest positions of our institutes.......

it wasnt the marriage she went mental over, it was her daughter being preggers without being married.

Well, if it had got to that place, she should have thought about rushing the marriage through. I mean the guy was an apna. It wasn't like it was some sullays child (I'm not condoning premarriage pregnancies but suggesting less extreme alternative choices that could have been made).

Well, if it had got to that place, she should have thought about rushing the marriage through. I mean the guy was an apna. It wasn't like it was some sullays child (I'm not condoning premarriage pregnancies but suggesting less extreme alternative choices that could have been made).

I think it was more to do with her being part of the SGPC, i.e. a religious organisation, and the assumption being that any member of such an organisation should keep their nose clean and ensure their offspring toe the line, or at least appear to toe the line.

Of course I can guess the offspring of other SGPC members probably get up to a lot worse and most likely get away with it.