Am I Wrong For Feeling Like This?

Guest please help

Guest please help

okay hi, i am an 18 yr old boy and i often think about sexual desires. i have never had a girlfriend before and i am a sensible person when it comes to things like that. but i really do not know how to control these feelings that i feel. because i am at that age of feeling sexual feelings i get so lonely and feel the need to to pursue them.. Am i wrong? Sangat please help me....

WJKK WJKF

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh

Don't worry about this. It's just the fire of desire which we need to soothe and calm. But How? Gurbani! Get involved, do as much Paath as you can, do fun activities to take your mind of these things such as Learn Keertan, Santhiya, Gatka etc. I Hope Waheguru does Kirpa and blesses your mind with peace and his remembrance :)

doing a continous ardaas will help.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4724 << a very powerful shabad. as all of gurbani is.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4461 << good to condition your mind with.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4250 << a wake up call.

our guru is a massive sea. immerse urself in it, then how can the fire of maya touch you? immersing urself is the hard part. staying connected and immersed, gets eaiser. this is how we control our mind. with bani. which is y, shabad repitition is considered so very high.

good luck on your journey!

however, at the same time, do not forget, our guru has also said,

jogI jqI bRhmcwrI bfy bfy CqRDwrI CqR hI kI CwieAw keI kos lO clq hYN ] jogee jathee brehamachaaree baddae baddae shhathradhhaaree shhathr hee kee shhaaeiaa kee kos la chalath hai(n) ||

The Yogis, the Jatis (celibates) and the Brahmcharis (students uninvolved in sex) and Eminent Kings with a canopy over their heads who travel up to many miles under the shade of those canopies.

---------------

jogI jtwDwrI sqI swcy bfy bRhmcwrI iDAwn kwj BUK ipAws dyh pY shq hYN ] jogee jattaadhhaaree sathee saachae baddae brehamachaaree dhhiaan kaaj bhookh piaas dhaeh pai sehath hai(n) ||

Practitioners of the yoga putting matted hair, the true continents and the great celibates, for the purpose of meditating on Him, withstand hunger and thirst on their bodies.

which means tho ppl do this, you wont get emancipated (saved etc) just by doing this. its a journey into your soul. we mus'nt forget this fact about becomming celebate. we must live in grist etc.

full shabad >> http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=20028 <<

fateh

Guest dontdoit

most young people 99.9% get these desires.

some get them more strongly than others, some can channel it to positive energy through medtation, through sittin in the sangat and singing kkirtan, or by reading alot of bani. Others do excercise and sports which helps. However you cannot just switch these desires of. If you follow the desires then you wont get rid of them, they will desire more and more and you will end up suffering. Desire cant be satisfied by giving in to it, at this moment you might think otherwise because you desire so much.

Also if you act upon these desires outside of marriage, you commit a 'sin'....... by this you have karmic consequences. it also means you have broken you vows during Amrit. The Guru does not accept persons who give in to sexual desires, the Guru tells us how to deal with it.

What I would advise you is that you speak to your parents and say that you want to get married. This isnt a way to give in to your desires but it is something you should consider and get things moving.

These days we got too many youngsters getting married in late 25's -28's and many have got into pangey and are regretting it. Many live gursikhi jeevans and so are not affected but you are an adult now and should speak to your family and say to get you married.

This is just one view, alot of gurmukhs may give you better advice...........

but dont do anything stupid!!

Start spending your time doing paat and watching sikhi related videos/listening to kirtan/katha. Everytime you feel your starting to feel/think things you shouldn't start vaheguru jaap :). See this as a test from Mahraji because that's what every obstacle in life is. Your 18 technically still a child (even though law says different) so enjoy been a child do things you know as you get older you won't be able to. Like go and take younger cousins/siblings out (if you have any) to play areas or something. It'll distract you and plus you'll be getting to spend quality time with family. :)

Guest Guest

Inside you are a chicken. You have entered the dream world. Even if a girls asks you out you would shy away. Even if a girl gets closer to you would be scared. Stop dreaming. Learn to do paath. Or have someone do it for you providing you are there when the paath is read. Leave everything to Guru Jee.Problems like this indicates that you will not even be able to get along with the one you marry. I should know this because I went through with this. I have had a divorce because the weakness the wife had I would look at other women hoping that god would marry me with off a perfect woman. These are dreams. These things happen if you are depressed with other things in life. That is the only reason an 18 year old would enter a dream especially if he/she is trying to be a Gursikh.