The "Nang" website

V

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Baba Deep Singh were the first Mukhi of Damdami Taksal as well as the misal Shaheedaan; the 14th Mukhi of Taksal are still considered to be Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindrawale. Damdami Taksal was established by Guru Gobind Singh ji to spread the Santhya of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Taksal purports to do so by Katha, Keertan & Santhya(teaching the correct pronunciation & meanings of Gurbani). Taksal Sikh means a sikh who received taining from Damdami Taksal.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Immortal Singh, Damdami Taksal of today is not the same Taksal of Baba Deep Singh Jee. They are two separate entities. The Taksal that Baba Deep Singh Jee was the head of was finished in 1764 under the Jathadari of Baba Gurbaksh Singh Jee. No ones was left to pass on the Jathadari.

But the Taksal claim that the next Jathadar after Baba Gurbaksh Singh Jee was Baba Surat Singh Jee followed by his two sons, Bhai Gurdas Jee and Giani Sant Singh Jee. This family of Gianis is called Giani Vansh. They were not Nihang Singhs or part of Mist Shaheeda. Furthermore, Baba Surat Singh Jee was the founder of Giani Sampradha. They are a separate entity from Taksal of Baba Gurbaksh Singh Jee which was finished in 1764.

According to the Taksal after Giani Sant Singh Jee, the next Jathadar was Baba Daya Singh Jee. But this cannot be, since it’s a historical fact that Giani Sant Singh Jee was succeeded by his son Bhai Gurmukh Singh Jee.

Takshal even claims Baba Bishan Singh Jee was its 10th Jathadar and succeeded Baba Harnam Singh Jee. That again is not accurate since Baba Bishan Singh Jee was the 2nd Jathadar of Dera Murala Sahib Sampradha and he succeeded Sant Amir Singh Jee.

The Taksal next claims that Sant Sundar Singh Jee succeeded Baba Bishan Singh Jee. But this cannot be since It was Baba Prem Singh Jee who succeeded Baba BIshan Singh Jee. Infact Sant Sundar Singh jee was not even a Shagird of Baba Bishan Singh Jee, he was a Shagird of a Nirmala Saint, Sant Gulab Singh.

I would also like to add that the current spiritual descendent of Baba Bishan Singh Jee is not Taksal of Mehta but Bibi Jagir Kaur chief of SGPC. She is the head of Dera Murala Sahib.

All this proves that Sant Sundar Singh Jee was the founder of Damdami Taksal of Bhinderkala and Mehta.

Taksal of Baba Gurbaksh Singh Jee which was finished in 1764, Giani Vansh, Dera Murala Sahib and Damdami Taksal (Bhinderkala, and Mehta) are all separate entities, with different rehets and traditions.

For more information please visit the following link:

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...hl=takshal&st=0

Sat Sri Akal:

Damdami Taksal exists still as a school of Sikh history, along with Katha and Kirtan classes. It is still a Taksal. They have done immense work for the Panth and produced some amazing Gursikhs.

Lineage is of little matter when they have done so matter...though the Jathedarship might not have been handed down directly, the spirit of Sikhism is still there...and that is all that matters.

Though the history is important, let us not forget this important factor.

^_^

Thanks for the post Singh47 and Ms514 Jio.

I have a question: the original Taksal established by Guru Gobind Singh Ji, was it called 'Damdama Sahib Taksal'? there is actually a story about The Khalsa Army having a damm (rest), so at Damdama Sahib where the Taksal was created. The Damdami Taksal has perhaps taken its name from this....and if i am right, for them it is the same lineage that has continued. (But that is, as you have shown, not so sure.)

Singh47 Jio, the point that you made about 'Giani Samparda' is correct. It is supported by Encyclopaedia of Sikhism. However, i was of the view that Damdami Taksal (the present) is seen as a part of Giani Samparda or Giani Parnali ('way of thinking' or philosophic path/manner).

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...=ST&f=23&t=4324 [see my second post on the first page]

MS415 Jio...very thoughtful post. No doubt, lineage can be of some importance, but it is not the sole thing. Parnalis or Lehars come and go with time; from time to time we have had great theologs and teekakars. What we call the Singh Sabha movement; that gave us the best interpretation of Gurbani, does not claim any lineage to Guru Sahiban.

And now Kalaafghana's group is called 'Singh Sabha International'.

Philosophic understanding or social movements come and go...there is no use in "worshiping" the lineage methodology ('samparda'). What is important for us is: that the Vaiakhya is based upon Gurbani itself, and not mythology imported from non-Sikh sources.

Knowledge is not bas

ed upon lineage, not even spiritual lineage. Every human has inner knowledge, and only by devotion it can be explored.

The 4-fold Sanatan Samparda division carried out by 'UK Nihang' sites is wrong! How can they forget Giani Samparda, which has lit. meant the most for Sikhism, and is also a part of their Sanatani thought? What about Nanaksar that has its own lineage, where do they fit in this four-fold division? There are numerous Deras which have their own spiritual heads and Sants, how can they be excluded?

There are atleast 10-20 Taksals in and around Punjab, Damdami Taksal is the most famous, others are linked to Nirmalas, or fall into a sone between Gianis, Nirmalas, and Sevapanthis. Such divisions give wrong annotations. None of the Sampardas can operate on their own, and none have...all have influenced eachother. And neither could stand against the Tatt Khalsa :lol:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

before this thread gets even bigger....

all i would like to say is...i have a benti...to Singh47

Please do not post your OPINION on Damdami Taksal again and again on this thread..

it is simply your opinion that DDT is not the same Taksal as Baba Deep Singh Ji's time...

------------

in my opinion it IS the same Taksal DHAN GURU GOBIND SINGH JI SUCHAY PATSHA started. in Sant Jarnail Singh JI's opinion...it IS.....Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji, Sant Kartar Singh Ji's opinion...it IS the SAME Taksal.....there are audio recordings to PROVE THIS is what they said....

sooo please...please do not post such information again...

im just amazed how you can say all of these "facts" straight out...

your posts have offended ppl....myself included....this forum is to get Sangat together...to answer questions and to increase awareness of Sikhi...not to spread false information of Mahaan Jathay...

plz dont post such information...

bhul chuk vudh ghat maaf karo Ji

Sat Sri Akal:

Damdama Sahib is called so because the Jathedar of the Khalsa Fauj came to rest there after escaping the Mughals through Machhiwara...his name was Guru Gobind Singh Ji ( :lol: ). This was the place where Guru Sahib finally got his first rest since the siege of Anandpur Sahib started, after which the Chamkaur Sahib battle followed, and then the escape from the Mughals by the Khan brothers as Uch Dah Pir and a few battles afterwards, including the batle of Muktsar Sahib. Here, in Talwandi Ki Sabo, Guru Sahib, as they say, finally loosened his kamarkasa (a sign of being at a relaxed state) and got some rest from the heat of continuous battle.

The Damdami Taksal is named because they origionate from Thakt Damdama Sahib. This was where Guru Sahib dictated the Guru Granth Sahib to Bhai Mani Singh Sahib for about 9 months. After the compilation of the Guru Granth Sahib there, Guru Sahib did a Santhiya there, explaining each and every verse of the Guru Granth Sahib and expounding the correct pronounciation. Guru Sahib also called this place as "Guru Ki Kashi" (Kashi being the Hindu place of religious scholars). Guru Sahib having blessed the place with such a name, it became the headquarters of the Damdami Taksal, whose very mission was to continue teaching the proper Gurbani reading, pronounciation and meaning.

Alright, I will stop trying to be a historian and go back into my batcave... :H:

fateh jio

what ever happened to being "open minded"

why cant we jus respect ohter peoples view on how they see

sikhi, even if to us it seems bazaar?

how many of us have actually met up with any of the uk nihangs?

i myself are an proud taksali, and even thou my view of sikhi is so much

different then theres, i still respect theres,

is hating going to make my life any better?

everyone is always talking this and that about them, but why not go

and meet them urselfs?

everyone has different view points, so why not let us respect them? or is that too much?

fateh

Why should people have different view points about Sikhi? Gurbani and Rehatnamas clearly tell us what Sikhi and rehat is. Besides, their actions tell us everything about them. No one needs to meet them and no one needs to know their "viewpoints". indira attacked Sikhi and clearly everyone knew what kind of person she was or did Sikhs need to go meet her to understand her "view points" of sikhi and what she thought about Sant Jarnail Singh Ji "using" Darbar Sahib? yeah we should respect gandhi's view points about Guru Gobind Singh Ji. right? my point is without even meeting the "nangs" people can understand who they really are. and one last note do you respect when they call Bhai Fauja Singh Ji "nang" or when they say Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji used to consume "sukha" big time? good luck on being that kinda open minded. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh