my guide to a "kaint" pug v 2.0

S1ngh

step1.jpg

Start from top to bottom with as much inclination as possible.

step6.jpg

Then you bring it back to the top and redo the above step creating layers

step7.jpg

Use your baaz to have the larr be as clean as possible. Since the world now relies on looks, it's doesn't hurt to wear a first class pugg.

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/7972/step14.jpg

This is what you should do at every midpoint. Use your thumb to create a depression

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/9859/step15.jpg

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/7846/step16.jpg

The final Larr shouldn't be too big or too small. It should mesh in with the rest of the pugg. For me, i like to twist it at the top whereas some people don't. It's up to you which one you like better. The name for this style is Patiala Shahi and the top feature is called "Tooti" as in faucet and not <admin-profanity filter activated>.

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/761/step17.jpg

Comparing of my Patiala shahi to how it is supposed to be.

step18.jpgmaharaja%20bhupinder%20singh.jpg

Sorry but i don't have any light colored pugs to have a better definition of the larr. This is the best i could do. If you want more help please feel free to ask me. Please don't argue if you like this style or not. I've seen people needed a tutorial on how to wear a pugg and i decided to make one.

Anyways, GURFATEH.

Good job for making this guide - theres very few out there.

- one suggestion is - you don't put that piece of dastaar in your mouth, but you hold it with your second hand, and when you've put the larrh hard enough over the thing whch goes in your mouth - it doesn't fall

so basically don't put it in the mouth - jus hold it :wub:

A lot fo epeople Cut their hair - does tha justify it? - we shoudl see what pleases our Guru..

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

one suggestion is - you don't put that piece of dastaar in your mouth, but you hold it with your second hand, and when you've put the larrh hard enough over the thing whch goes in your mouth - it doesn't fall

so basically don't put it in the mouth - jus hold it :wub:

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

whatever, i know of a million people that put it in their mouth. Anyways, it not like its someone else's saliva. If you have problem with something of your body, i fell sorry for you.

whatever, i know of a million people that put it in their mouth. Anyways, it not like its someone else's saliva. If you have problem with something of your body, i fell sorry for you.

WJKK WJKF :e:

There must be more than a million who do not have dastaars on their heads and have Singh suffix to their names. Mr $ingh raised a very valid point of not putting any part of the dastaar into the mouth. :TH: Going by your logic it is ok NOT to have a dastaar and call oneself a sikh and do beadbi of kes. ;) @

The only reason why Mr $ingh said it was so, was to maintain the sanctity of the dastaar. ^_^

The dastaar should clean because if you are blessed enough, Sachai Paathshah may give you an opportunity to ride on your head in Sukhassan or Parkaash dee seva, if you are lucky e

nough. pray.gif

I would not feel good having Sachai Paathshah on my head with my last larr drenched in my own saliva . :wub:

That is the reason you dont put the larrr in your mouth in ANYWAY whatsoever. It's about suchum.

The dastaar should be considered as a crown. It should be clean, and even when you tie it, it should not be touching the ground in anyway. It's all about respect. :cool:

WJKK WJKF :e:

I myself used to wear a standard punjabi style dastaar. There is definitely a difference between a punjabi style dastaar and a gurmukhi dastaara though.

A Gurmukhi dastaaraa does not have pooNee done. It is tied "chiN kay" . Also, it does not have a laR at the back, nor is it ever held in the mouth.

If you look at the dastaars worn by the Jathedars of Akal Takhat Sahib and the Granthis, you'll notice they are all Gurmukhi dastaaras and not standard punjabi style dastaars. It is the same with many other Gursikhs like Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh, Bhai Jeevan Singh, etc.

gabroo, dastar is a VERY important part of sikhi, therefore there is a rehat for it.

Most people know not to let dastar fall on the floor when tying it or let it touch your feet. so why put it in your mouth?

would you chew on your kaRa or lick your kirpan?

how about (god forgid) put a gutka in your mouth?

its disrespectful.

most people have lost respect for the dastar, therefore they have no problem getting jhoot on it.. its only a matter of time before this goes from dastar to kakkars to gurbani, unless we stop it.

Thanks for posting the tutorial Yoda.. I hope those who wanted some help in wearing dastar will start off now..

and Garboo dont take me wrong but when it comes to rehit, everything else goes second to it..

Dastar is NOT 'just' a dastar, it's something which Sikhs have given their lives away for. It's our Guru Sahib's nishani, it's HIS not OURS so how dare we disrespect it?

when someone is discussing Sikhi please try to learn something and let others like myself learn so we get something out of these forums...

If u were to do seva of carrying Guru Sahib's saroop on your Dastar, will u go ahead and do it if it had ur saliva on it?