Sign in to follow this  

Do you read ebooks ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for sikhi related books?

• Nothing
    • $0.99
    • $1.00 - $1.99
    • $2.00 - $2.99
    • $3.00 - $3.99
    • $4.00 - $4.99
    • Over $5
  2. 2. Do you use an e-Reader?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet (am thinking about getting one)
  3. 3. Which e-Reader/retailier do you use?

• Apple iBooks
    • Amazon Kindle
    • Barnes & Noble Nook
    • Other
    • I don't use one

With the trend of ebooks now increasing compared to physical hardbacks and paperbacks I am just wondering how many people on here read books on electronic devices such as Apple iBooks, Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook etc.

How much would you pay for sikhi related books assuming that any proceeds from the books will go back into making more similar products and not for personal benefits.

Please complete the poll.

• Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've tried but I find it very difficult to focus on an e-book. I haven't got a Kindle or anything like that so I only view ebooks on a computer screen. I'm afraid the printed word on paper will still be my first port of call. :biggrin2:

I too find it hard to concentrate on PC's screens, but kindles or proper ebooks readers are very different. I am not refering to pdf's, but proper ebooks where you can cutomize things like font type, size layout to suit you.

• Like 1

Guest RavindaSingh

Na I read books on paper as I stare at the screen for a while each day it's good to get away from technology one in a while

Apple iBooks and Kindle is the best way. I wouldn't mind reading on iBooks and my Kindle. As when I travel I just read news from the News apps on the AppStore, and it's nothing to progress your lives. But I like reading something new and interesting. So I would really love anything Sikhi on the iBooks section and Kindle. With the Apple iBooks, if i'm not wrong, there's no Sikhi books on there. :(

So the iBooks should be a priority. :)

what's the difference between the newest (black and white) kindle vs the newest sony ebook reader? i've tried the older gen models of both and felt that the sony dominated. but now i'm not too happy with the newest sony's pdf handling capability. and a lot of sikhi ebooks are in pdf format...

With the trend of ebooks now increasing compared to physical hardbacks and paperbacks I am just wondering how many people on here read books on electronic devices such as Apple iBooks, Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook etc.

How much would you pay for sikhi related books assuming that any proceeds from the books will go back into making more similar products and not for personal benefits.

Please complete the poll.

Khalsa Ji

Personally I use the iPad/ iPod for reading Gurmat ebooks. I do prefer the actual paper feel and texture but when I 'm away from home it is not always possible to carry books around. Generally speaking I'm one of those who are attracted by freebies such as ebooks and Apps. I do like to make a donation to the producer after installing the Apps or books. If you are embarking on a project I feel that if you were to make a freebie that would attract more attention and subsequent donations , just an opinion.

paper book is the best.......hard to concentrate on ebooks........reading an ebook starts headache........I'ld prefer spending on paper book instead on other sources,,...paper books we buy and keep will be there to benefit our future generations as well......