Hair

Guest anony

Guest anony

Hi wonder if anyone can offer any help. im a female coming into sikhi and with Guru Sahib's blessings i have made steps towards this path.

however one thing im struggling with is coming to terms with keepin my facial kesh.. its just so difficult when uve been used to waxin/threading etc for a good number of years,

im sure other bhenjis must have had issues with this.. how is it overcome and how does one learn to love onself's natural, god given appearance?

in the sangat it doesnt even seem like an issues.. its when we leave to go to work,see friends and family etc.

im particularly bothered about the hairs on the upper lip as they just look scary

any info/advice wud b gr8 thank u

Well done on taking the steps you have taken :)

Sis do ardas to Mahraji asking for the strength to accept your facial hair and to bless you with even more courage so you continue on this path :)

Remember everything is for a reason right? God gives us facial hair because in a way (might sound weird) its what God wants :) also remember everything is a test so see your facial hair as guru je testing your love for sikhi. You'll eventually forget your facial hairs even there :). I had issues with accepting my hairy (I mean hairy lol) arms so I always covered them even in mega hot weather but now I'm like who cares? Lol. I happily go out with half sleeve tops on / half sleeve suits on because I feel like I shouldn't be ashamed as the hair is a gift so having mega hairy arms is my gift from God; why be ashamed? ;) keep strong sister. Good luck jeeee

Guru Gobind Singh Ji's rehat maryada (codes of conduct) clearly state not a single hair should be removed. Kes is unshorn hair, this counts for the entire body.

Penji, keeping hair is as simple as this.

Who do we want to impress?

If we impress the world, then we may try to achieve fame and friends in this lfe.

BUT

If we impress Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Our Guru, then we will forever become their friend. Forget this life, our future will be with the Guru. This is the Guru's command, not advice.

Jab lag khalsa rehai niaara. The Khalsa must remain distinct. The Sikhs of the Guru are all unique and none of our Sisters should feel afraid. Where every other religion does not give equality to our Sisters, Sikhi puts all together. If you become Guru Ji's, everyone will become yours :)

Bhenji, stay strong. I have not had a huge problem with facial hair as I don't have much. I have never threaded/waxed my eyebrows and have never really felt the need to. When I became more conscious of my facial hair I took inspiration from a Bhenji I know. She is at a university in the city in which I live but she is not orignally from here yet this Singhnee is so strong. She has a fair amount of facial hair yet goes to a uni in a majority white area and lives in a house with 3 white girls. She has not touched her facial hair and stands tall knowing that Guru Ji has made her that way so why should she tamper with her beautiful image. We were made stand out Bhenji so don't let anything or anyone tell you otherwise! Be proud to stand out from the crowd! :biggrin2:

A case of wrong translations :)

Man chill... I wrote fast I was in hurry , I know it is not good here inspector :

The Gurmukh lives in Fear of the True Lord.

The Guru's Bani refines the unrefined of the Gurmukh.

The Gurmukh sings the Lord's Immaculate Praises.

The Gurmukh attains the pure, supreme status.

The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body.

O Nanak, the Gurmukh merges in Truth. The Gurmukh is pleasing to the True Guru; this is contemplation on the Vedas.

Pleasing the True Guru, the Gurmukh is carried across.

Pleasing the True Guru, the Gurmukh receives the spiritual wisdom of the Shabad.

Pleasing the True Guru, the Gurmukh comes to know the path within.

The Gurmukh attains the unseen and infinite Lord.

O Nanak, the Gurmukh finds the door of liberation.

Are you happy now?

WJKK WJKKF

BTW: Don´t fear and think you will never get married or something , trust me out there are sisters with full bear and they aree happily married!

Why try to fit it in? We were born to stand out!