Sign in to follow this  
DaljitKaur24

Healthy And Simple Recipies

Healthy And Simple Recipies  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like there to be a topic about healthy yet simple recipies?

Healthy Veggie Burger

Ingredients:

1. 1 can of garbanzo bean drained and mashed nicely

2. 1 cup cooked brown rice

3. 1/4 cup of oat bran

4. 1/4 quick cooking oats

5. Package of tofu

6. Fresh Basil

7. Salt, black pepper, and Garlic powder

8. Vegetable oil

Method:

1. In a large bowl, stir together the mashed garbanzo beans and basil. Mix in the oat bran, quick oats, and rice; the mixture should seem a little dry.(You can mix it in a blender)
  2. In a separate bowl, mash the tofu with your hands, trying to squeeze out as much of the water as possible. Drain the water, and repeat the process until there is hardly any water worth pouring off. It is not necessary to remove all of the water.
  3. Stir the tofu into the garbanzo beans and oats. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage; mix until well blended.
  4. Drizzle little bit of oil on the griddle over medium-high heat. Form patties out of the bean mixture(put it in the fridge for about 15 minutes so they get a little firm), and heat them in hot oil for about 5 minutes per side. Serve as you would with any burgers

P.S you can add any veggies you want but just make sure it's sliced very thinly because you want it to cook properly and and not bulge out of the burger. Make sure the tofu is firm otherwise the burgers will fall apart. I suggest adding pancko or bread crumbs to help them stick together.

You can put shredded carrots,diced mushrooms, bell pepper and corn. Very delicious with those ingredients.

Add italian seasoning for extra flavor.

If your adding additional veggies saute them a little bit first(like mushrooms and bell peppers).

You can leave out of the tofu if you don't like it.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Not sure how healthy this is, but its a simple one :)

http://www.kothiyavu...heese-with.html

P.S. You needn't fry the paneer, and use the cubes as they are.. and add them at the end when the curry is all made.. sounds okee? One can play a bit here n there :p

I love this dish lolz...well I'm not sure how healthy is paneer lolz but love this dish...

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

Ingredients:

1. 1/2 lb Broccoli

2. Garlic couple of cloves(You can leave these out if you want)

3. 1/2 medium Onion chopped

4. Cheese(as much or as little as you like)

5. 1/4 cup of Flour(all purpose flour)

6. Salt and Pepper(To taste)

7. 2 cups of Heavy cream or half and half

8. Butter

9. 2 cups of water(vegetable stock)

Method.

1. Put a little bit of butter in a pan and add chopped onions. Cook until they are lightly browned.

2. Add minced garlic, cook a little bit. Take it out in a plate. Add little bit more butter and

3. Add flour and cook a little bit(till light brown make sure it doesn't burn)

4. Add 4 cups of vegetable stock or water and add the 1/2 cup of half and half and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.

5. Add the onion, broccoli, and carrots, and add salt and pepper and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.

5. Add Cheese

Enjoy.

P.S You can make the soup without the cheese to be on the healthy side. But a little bit of cheese doesn't hurt.

Add carrots in it also towards the end if you like it tastes really good.

You can avoid the heavy cream but all it does is thickens the soup.

• Like 1

^how much flour do you add? I hope this tastes like the kind you get at Panera; I love their soup but it's ridiculously expensive

• Like 1

1/4 cup of flour. Saute the onion first. And then add little bit of butter and put the flour in it and cook it for like 3 minz till slightly light brown. Then add half and half to it and add half and half and water(or vegetable broth) and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Then add the onions, carrots, and the broccoli. Then simmer for another 15 minutes and add the cheese. Enjoy.

I think it tastes just like it!

DaljitKaur, do you realise that fruits have got plentiful amounts of sugar and that adding processed white sugar- like you suggest is not advisable if you want to make a ''healthy'' recipe. Sugar makes the body weaker, sugar should never be purchased in its processed form.

DaljitKaur, do you realise that fruits have got plentiful amounts of sugar and that adding processed white sugar- like you suggest is not advisable if you want to make a ''healthy'' recipe. Sugar makes the body weaker, sugar should never be purchased in its processed form.

First of all I do suggest on the bottom that if you want it to be healthy then leave out the sugar cheese etc. I personally don't put sugar into the smoothies because like you mentioned they have plenty of sugar already in them but those who are not used to eating or drinking stuff without sugar can add little bit at first and they will realize it's too sweet and therefore will slowly start avoiding it. I consider myself healthy but I don't completely avoid those "non healthy" foods. It's hard for me just like for anyone else. But the trick is to use in moderation. I personally use truvia which is much better than regular sugar because it's a natural sweetner.

Thanks for pointing it out. But I do mention it that avoid those to make it healthy but I want to post the recipe as a whole therefore readers can better judge what they should or shouldn't take out of the recipe.

Sun Chips used to be my favorites until one day I came to know that it has meat product in it, so does all Doritos. Roughly 90% of chips we see in market has some sort of meat product (beef, chicken). Frito lays classic and few others are safe for vegetarians.

Sun Chips used to be my favorites until one day I came to know that it has meat product in it, so does all Doritos. Roughly 90% of chips we see in market has some sort of meat product (beef, chicken). Frito lays classic and few others are safe for vegetarians.

The stealth trolling of crisps with meat products is a dodgy practice. I don't see the need for it although I guess there must be if they do it so much.

Veggie Sandwich

Ingredients:

1. Vegetables of your choice(Zuccinni, eggplant, onions, mushrooms, bell peppers)

2. Olive oil

3. Salt and Pepper

4. Italian seasoning

5. Bread(whole grain bread)

6. Cheese(of your choice. Or leave it out to be totally healthy)

7. Lettuce

8. Hummus

Method:

1. Slice veggies of your choice in about the same shape(Big pieces to cover the bread)

2. In a bowl toss those veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper, italian seasoning and grill till you get nice golden grill marks.

3. Take your bread and spread hummus on it and lettuce onand then add the grilled veggies. Then add cheese of your choice if you want and then add few more veggies on top.

3. You can grill the entire sandwich one more time if you want or else Enjoy!

• Like 1