Just a question

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I jus started doing paath a couple months back. I want to learn and understand more about Sikhi. I jus wanted to know a something so that I don't disrespect our panth unknowingly in any way.

I go to college and spend most of my day there. but i do have some time between my classes, that i can use to either so paath or naam simran. would it be a be-adbi if i take my Gutka in my school bag or leave it in my car or should i carry it in a different bag?

I don't wish to offend anybody. please help me. i need a lot of help to learn sikhi from the piaree sadh sangat like you.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

hey pajee.. ermm i don't know if this is good advice but i recently went to a camp and i saw a singh there who wore a banna but he always used to be doing paath :lol: and where he kept his gutka was in the pocket of his banna :T: i think if the gutka is covered and at a high place and is not put on the floor or in your bag on the floor and treated with respect then this should be ok aslong as it isn't near meat or sharab hunna :TH:

please forgive me if i have offended anyone

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

very good, you are doing great job.

its very good to read path.

just keep gutka covered and if it is small enough keep it in your shirt pocket

near your heart. it has to be kept at high place in car or in bag.

if you want to keep bag down you should remove gutka.

if you are amritdhari you know which path should be done when.

morning panj baniyan, night rehraas sahib & kirtan sohila.

for any other time you can recite chaupai saheb or japji saheb.

kandola ji ur explanation is good,but gutka can be kept in car and

also in school bag if u keep bag high.

just think there is no one at home when we all leave for some reason and lock the door of our house ,

at that time gutka is alone at our home , isn't.

And gutka is "ang" of guru saheb , not poora guru.

And darshan of guruji can only take place with shri guru granth saheb ji and not with gutka.

and why dont we all tell him that yes u can keep gutka along with u , but with due respect.thats all topic closed.

why we all r trying to frieghten him , which will have negative effect.

• 4 weeks later...

my suggestion is by a small pocket pc and do ure paath from that. I mean if u dont wanna risk doing beadbi, jus put it on a word file, which is binary data, and store it on ure ppc in which case, the information is only displayed when u want it displayed! n u can even have SikhiToTheMax on ppc.. the whole of Shabad Guru in the palm of ure hand. Its not that xpensive either nowadays... around 200 GB pounds... cheaper from places like ebay or dell..

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I do this once in a while... where I take a gutka with me to do path @ Univ if I have time. If I have a shirt pocket, I keep it in there. Otherwise, I make sure it is wrapped up properly in some cloth and placed in my backpack either in a top pocket (if I have one) or ontop of my binders and stuff so that it doesn't fall down and remains on top. This should prevent any major problems :lol:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!