made a very stupid mistake

Guest desiid

I made a very stupid mistake of going to Gurdwara 2-3 times will drunk , even the biggest alchoholics didn't dared to step in gurudware when they we drunk but I stupid guy still went their as I had to I knew I was going to gurudware but still I choose to drink alchohol hour before going there , I swear I have drinked only 4-5 times .its been 10 months since this has happened and whats more shameful is I m not guilty for doing it but feel more guilt if someone could found this out , I don't think alchohol is bad thing to drink ,I don't know how to deal with all this , I m afraid I will easily be thrown in this sharaab thing if it was not for my family ,I m just confused

I made a very stupid mistake of going to Gurdwara 2-3 times will drunk , even the biggest alchoholics didn't dared to step in gurudware when they we drunk but I stupid guy still went their as I had to I knew I was going to gurudware but still I choose to drink alchohol hour before going there , I swear I have drinked only 4-5 times .its been 10 months since this has happened and whats more shameful is I m not guilty for doing it but feel more guilt if someone could found this out , I don't think alchohol is bad thing to drink ,I don't know how to deal with all this , I m afraid I will easily be thrown in this sharaab thing if it was not for my family ,I m just confused

WOW! desiid that is very wrong. However, you don't need everyone on the forum too tell you that.

You have admitted that to yourself and the good thing is you feel ashamed as you know it's wrong, you can't change the past but can the present and future. Please never ever do this again. You need to ask Maharaj for forgiveness. With an honest heart and with sincerity pray to waheguru ji and apologise for your mistake. Waheguru is all loving.

like gurdssingh said Maharaj ji is forgiving, its good u realised ur mistake, shows that u have some goodness inside urself and regret what u did, so ur heading in right direction already...

See it this way, if somebody was drunk and came to ur house, falling over, smelling of sharaab, talking rubbish, that u couldnt understand, and messing up ur house or abusing you, how would u feel? If they attacked ur family, how would u feel?

Quite hurt i would think, remember that always, when u are going to Maharaj ji's house. Next time u drink, dont go to the gurdwara..or better still, stop the drink..why did u go when u knew u had drunk?

Drinking is bad, as its not good for the health, waste of money, not good for ur family, causes problems with everything, and u get confused like u have said.

Are u depressed about something? please talk to somebody or get help, instead of drinking. Dont waste ur life on drink and then regret afterwards wat u done. U should be guilty for doing it as somebody was watching u all along, and that was Maharaj ji. dont ever think they dont know wat u do, they knew b4 u went to the gurdwara u were going to go drunk. Just think one day there will be a time when the same you will go to the gurdwara sober, and beg them for something, when u get a problem in ur life that only they can sort out, when nobody else will help.

So please quit the drink, and do something good with ur life, so ur family will be proud of you. God will help you if u have a problem, if u ask them. keep asking, keep apologising and dont ever give up.

1) Do ardas to mahraji begging for forgiveness; as mentioned by other members mahraji forgives us all as their children.

2) "4-5 times" is 4 to 5 times to many. Drink can cause death. Sounds extreme I know but it happens. you might think it won't happen to you but in reality the more you keep drinking the more likely chance you'll become addicted to it and it'll damage your organs etc. Remember this body of ours is not ours its a gift mahraji has given us and won't be with forever so look after it to the best of your ability. Our body is also our temple.

3) If you feel this is a bigger issue that you can't cope with do not be afraid to seek professional help. Our society has a habit of keep things closed up behind closed doors in fear of what other people might say. If professional help will help you go and ask your doctor for it, asking for help isn't something to be ashamed of. Best of luck.