What is the future of religion in general ?

This is not about sikhism or any -isms for that matter !

But , religion in general seemed to have lost its grip from both its original ideals and its influence on people , ofcourse if we are not talking of that tyrannical middle-east , but living in the west where you have freedom you wouldn't have in say Saudi , and since freedom is good and even tastes good ! then what is the future of religion (which itself has become a list of dos and donts ) ?

People are beginning to question the existence of god . I was myself a shraddhalu sikh just a few years back . However , today I have become almost an Atheist . I even find it difficult to lift a pothi now , to be honest !

Forgive for this , but what seemed to me to be 'dhur ki baani' till a few years back , now almost in my conformity seems nothing more than a good rhymed syncretic poetry written by a few men back in 16th century or so .

What I thought of the word of allah via Angel jibraeel to mohamad , now after reading some of its verses and ofcourse the violence in them >_> , it seems it was nothing more than a plagiarized form of bible written by some madmen in 7th century arabia .

Simple people back in the days used 'god' as a cause of all creation and life . Now , we know via abiogenesis and evolution , that life can and it did evolve from complex non living matter . So , there is no god here . The 'god of the gaps' is losing his power , it seems ! It seems religion is fading , been shown as nothing more than a primitive superstition

PS : If it doesn't make it through the mods , don't u think u have controlled my voice , my keystrokes or my right to speech .

If you block this , if anything it just shows how far we have strayed from the gurus . Also , don't expect people to believe a sikh homeland would be a secular one with freeedom for its citizens if you can't give some freedom here

I was myself a shraddhalu sikh just a few years back . However , today I have become almost an Atheist . I even find it difficult to lift a pothi now , to be honest !
Then maybe for a start you should begin to wonder if its you who is lacking shardha and not all of mankind.
Forgive for this , but what seemed to me to be 'dhur ki baani' till a few years back , now almost in my conformity seems nothing more than a good rhymed syncretic poetry written by a few men back in 16th century or so .
Again, just because you feel so doesn't mean all others should too.
What I thought of the word of allah via Angel jibraeel to mohamad , now after reading some of its verses and ofcourse the violence in them >_> , it seems it was nothing more than a plagiarized form of bible written by some madmen in 7th century arabia .
And I am sure you read Gurbani with pre-conceived notions, because you seem to be referring to Guru Sahibaan as mere "men".
Simple people back in the days used 'god' as a cause of all creation and life . Now , we know via abiogenesis and evolution , that life can and it did evolve from complex non living matter . So , there is no god here . The 'god of the gaps' is losing his power , it seems ! It seems religion is fading , been shown as nothing more than a primitive superstition
check this out: http://www.sikhsanga...__fromsearch__1

Let me ask you, did you even attempt to practice Sikhi for a single day of your life? Did you take Amrit? Did you keep Rehit? Did you wear the 5 kakaars and abstain from the 4 bajjar kurehits? Did you wake up at Amritvela? Did you japp Naam? Did you recite your Nitnem? Did you bother to study/understand/comprehend even a single one of the Banis you recited? Did you do all this for atleast an year? I am not sure if you did. If you didn't even bother to do the bare minimum, I am sorry but you do NOT qualify to question what you don't know. First go and practice Sikhi from your heart, you won't have any doubts and questions left. If not, well, then keep wandering, you won't find any peace elsewhere/anywhere.

don't expect people to believe a sikh homeland would be a secular one with freeedom for its citizens if you can't give some freedom here
Speaking out against Gurbani is definitely a sin in the eyes of practicing GurSikhs, so consider yourself lucky for this freedom. If it was your favorite Arabian religion you would have lost your head for uttering a single word.

The future of religion? I would think - speaking from personal observation - many people are shunning the organised, public displays of faith as occasionally it doesn't feel like a personal connection between Man and God can come from such a situation. Although others may say they find bliss in, for example, sangat, which as a concept itself promotes being in the company of likeminded others and hoping to make that connection through that particular congregation.

I guess it depends on what a person expects from religion. From my perspective religion is less about proving or disproving facts or events - or getting one over another faction, etc., (you could spend your whole life in this 'gahri gehr'), but more about feeling blissful and contented on a purely spiritual basis.

Sometimes you have to give yourself up to things bigger than the individual in order to progress in life - basically killing the 'I' in ourselves. Being in a permanent state of cynicism and disbelief is not good for anyone IMO; you'll wake up one day and think "Where has my life gone?". As a Sikh, if you believe in the wisdom of the Gurus, then just go with the flow and be true to their words and actions. If that's the minimum anyone can muster then I would think it's a good start.

Let me ask you, did you even attempt to practice Sikhi for a single day of your life? Did you take Amrit? Did you keep Rehit? Did you wear the 5 kakaars and abstain from the 4 bajjar kurehits? Did you wake up at Amritvela? Did you japp Naam? Did you recite your Nitnem? Did you bother to study/understand/comprehend even a single one of the Banis you recited? Did you do all this for atleast an year? I am not sure if you did.

I did ALL OF THESE ! yes I did everything you mentioned not just for 1 years but more than that ...

First go and practice Sikhi from your heart, you won't have any doubts and questions left. If not, well, then keep wandering, you won't find any peace elsewhere/anywhere.

Thats a big thing to say ! FOLLOW ME , IF you go BEMUKH FROM ME , You will regret and wail .. Does not give a good impression of our faith , does it ??

If it was your favorite Arabian religion you would have lost your head for uttering a single word.

And what is your this presumption about me based on ? that I am a fan of islam . Infact , I do respect sikhism as one of the best organized religions . For islam , no I don't have any respect . sorry to say

I did ALL OF THESE ! yes I did everything you mentioned not just for 1 years but more than that ...
Well, keep trying harder. It takes 20 years to get a bachelor's degree from college, what made you think you'd become a chardi kala Gurmukh in a few years?
Thats a big thing to say ! FOLLOW ME , IF you go BEMUKH FROM ME , You will regret and wail .. Does not give a good impression of our faith , does it ??
When did I say follow me? And don't worry about the impression. Those who have the thirst for the Divine, they have and will come to Gurmat. Others will end up saying they're done with it.
And what is your this presumption about me based on ? that I am a fan of islam . Infact , I do respect sikhism as one of the best organized religions . For islam , no I don't have any respect . sorry to say
Sikhi is way more than a mere organized religion, you didn't even figure out Sikhi if you think its an organized religion. And since you disrespect another religion, I guess you missed one of the most beautiful teachings of Sikhi.

This is not about sikhism or any -isms for that matter !

But , religion in general seemed to have lost its grip from both its original ideals and its influence on people , ofcourse if we are not talking of that tyrannical middle-east , but living in the west where you have freedom you wouldn't have in say Saudi , and since freedom is good and even tastes good ! then what is the future of religion (which itself has become a list of dos and donts ) ?

People are beginning to question the existence of god . I was myself a shraddhalu sikh just a few years back . However , today I have become almost an Atheist . I even find it difficult to lift a pothi now , to be honest !

PS : If it doesn't make it through the mods , don't u think u have controlled my voice , my keystrokes or my right to speech .

If you block this , if anything it just shows how far we have strayed from the gurus . Also , don't expect people to believe a sikh homeland would be a secular one with freeedom for its citizens if you can't give some freedom here

Just read about Russia and China and you will get the answer.Religion was persecuted to such great extent in Soviet that only 5% churches remained. but still plenty of people kept practicing Christianity secretly in 80s when restrictions were relaxed plenty of youths started going to churches.Unlike other parts of world they believed that religion is something cool and modern but their grandparents from communists era remained atheists exactly opposite we in other countries.Now Church is becoming more and more powerful day by day.In China too 85% people beileve in some religion or spirituality these days.

So its a fact that religion will always remain with humans

There will always be people there will always be a future for religion simple.

The key fact is that we have evolved scientifically but as a race we havent evolved emotionally. People will always strive for more and in doing so try and push others below us. You see this ALOT in asian communities, this stems from the keeping up with the joneses attitude. We strive to push our brothers/sisters down to show our elders how well we are doing with our new cars and houses. We are the first generation were we could potentially feed the world but we all choose not to. We may do some seva in the gurdwara but think about the last time you did any seva that wasnt in the gurdwara.....you will probably draw a blank. We all probably feel bad when we see the oxfam/water aid adverts but very few of us do anything about it.(including myself)

Thats why religion will always have a place because we still dont view each oher as family because if you did these things wouldnt happen. Religion has always thrived in times of persecution/recession/dukhi and i cant see that stopping anytime soon