Food temptations? please help

N30S1NGH

Something that might help is to eat more at home. Personally I eat outside sometimes, but tend to try to eat at home as much as I can mainly because it saves money and ghar di daal/sabji roti di koi reees nahi. :p

The way I see it is you can eat as much as you want so long as you eat a balanced, healthy meal mixed with decent amount of exercise. Don't have to exercise to look like some body builder, but just be kind of active.

edit- Just read BijlaSingh's post. Good stuff, learned a lot. I need to slowly start eating less outside it seems, but hard to do. :|

You are SO lucky man!

I'm not Amritdhari (or even kesh dhari) but I don't eat halal, and that pretty much means I can't eat out at all where I live.....lol

On the plus side, it saves me money and makes me up my degh skills...

Did you recently cut it bro? Always thought you were at least keshdhari. Not judging or anything, it's all good, was just wondering because I assumed you were amritdhari.

@neo

I lived in East London most of my life, very big Muslim community. 99% of shops halal (no joke). lol

I don't have nothing against it, business people must cater to their local demographic.

The places you went to have much bigger Sikh communities btw. That being said, I went to Goodmayes (in Essex) the other week and was shocked that their weren't many Sikh places to eat there either as they have a sizeable population there? Maybe generally apnay don't like eating out or something?

@Singh559

I'm surprised because I have mentioned it a fair few times. No, I didn't recently cut it.

@neo

I lived in East London most of my life, very big Muslim community. 99% of shops halal (no joke). lol

I don't have nothing against it, business people must cater to their local demographic.

The places you went to have much bigger Sikh communities btw. That being said, I went to Goodmayes (in Essex) the other week and was shocked that their weren't many Sikh places to eat there either as they have a sizeable population there? Maybe generally apnay don't like eating out or something?

@Singh559

I'm surprised because I have mentioned it a fair few times. No, I didn't recently cut it.

I see, cool, I guess i never saw it. I told a few punjabi people not to eat halaal because they were Sikhs (had cut hair and all), just so they knew what they were eating, some agreed and to some it didn't matter.

I guess it's a personal thing. Personally, when I had my hair cut and all I used to eat meat but I don't think I would have ate halaal because even then (when I wasn't into Sikhi) i didn't really like eating meat. Knowing what happens with halaal would have been too much for me.

Perhaps Sikh communities in the UK should get together and see where halaal is served and where it isn't just so you can at the very least voice your opinion by not financially supporting businesses that support halaal so your voice is heard.

Perhaps Sikh communities in the UK should get together and see where halaal is served and where it isn't just so you can at the very least voice your opinion by not financially supporting businesses that support halaal so your voice is heard.

Generally no problem with that, as all shops have a clear halal sign on the front (wouldn't get much business otherwise)!Plus Sikhs need to get away from the idea that they can dent many businesses in any significant way by boycotting - as we don't have the numbers.That being said some noise was made about putting unlabelled halal into school dinners and selling it as nonhalal in supermarkets.You have to say, Muslim numbers give them serious consumer strength.

hahaha man if you are so hungry just eat some more.

Honestly though, keep your portions the same, but split them into 5-6 meals instead of 3 or whatever you have right now. Dieting shouldn't make you hungry, you should always feel full. Being hungry means that you aren't eating enough, and your body will go into "starvation mode" and you will start accumulating fat, which I am sure you don't want.

KhalistanGunMan gave great advice. Eat more, train more, and get big.

Also, doesn't this belong in the health/fitness section? :)

^^

Thing is, we also have to think about developing a 'Sikh economy' that will help the community prosper and form networks for employment, opportunities. Essentially secure our own economic independence and security. Food places would play a BIG part in that.

Unless everyone thinks that we should just continue crawling up the backside of the western economy (or any others) and completely rely on them for jobs.

Muslims in London have smashed it - a strong food based economy and they have tons of barber shops and stuff. Their money and outside money circulates within the community.

Our lot seem too dense to grasp the significance and need for this?

Power is one of the sins of the mind.. alongside beauty, wealth and proud-ness of ones ancestors. There is no point in creating a isolated community for the sake of money and cultural success it would be more of a gain to have more bhram gyani's in our community/ in the world.

God will provide all these things anyways we must first be on the right path.