connection between Jesus in the Bible and Guru Nanaak

So I was doing some research on the life story of guru Nanaak, and came across the part where he went into the river for the days, now even though I am a Muslim,I have studied the Torah and the gospels quite extensively and immediately the story of Jesus (Isa) came to my mind add I was researching guru Nanaak.

Do you think there is a correlation between running water and enlightenment? Now I understand that only those whom God wills, will be enlightened, however, maybe there is a methodology to it?

I don't know about running water. But yes, water is important in Sikhi. We also use water in baptism, and there is research done by some Japanese scientists that water has a memory.and it turns into beautiful crystals when reading prayers to it, and deformed crystals when cussing/anger is shown near it.

I don't know about running water. But yes, water is important in Sikhi. We also use water in baptism, and there is research done by some Japanese scientists that water has a memory.and it turns into beautiful crystals when reading prayers to it, and deformed crystals when cussing/anger is shown near it.
interesting...I'll have to look into that

Water doesn't have any magical powers....it's just soothing.

I think baptism in Christianity uses water to cleanse the sins. Some Christians take baptism later in life, and apparently this washes away their sins.

Sikhs don't believe this of course. Washing with soap and water will not cleanse an impure heart.

It had nothing to do with magic...water had magnetic qualities and it had been proven that without the magnetic pull of the Mon and the movement of water life would be non existent. Magic is a backward word...magic is science that wet haven't figured out yet

Water if often seen as being pure due to it's crystalline appearance. It is also a physical metaphor for purity etc. Sikhs are to wake up at the ambrosial hour or amritvela to read Gurbani and tune their mind into the divine frequency. There is lesson behind everything Guru Sahib did. It is easy to start viewing parallels, but the going in the water was a lesson. Purity in externally and internally leads to God. At the ambrosial hour he waits for his devotees, by he I refer to God, Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to take a bath and to explain this to Sikhs and the lesson behind purity went to sachkhand.

There are many similar attributes in all religions, after seeing ur other post I am beginning to think ur implying (indirectly) that Guru Nanak Dev Ji took other religions and mixed them to create Sikhi. Am I right?

What I am saying its that maybe he did not, but the same God came to him as came to all the other prophets. In Islam, it is said that there were 160,000 prophets sent to all nations and people. We do not know who those prophets were because prophet Muhammad was the last.

Maybe just maybe Guru Nanaak was sent from God as a reminder of what came hundreds of years earlier because the people had already began to stray and twist and mix the message that Prophet Muhammad had come with.

This does not mean he did this himself.

I get this reasoning from the instance when Guru Nanaak was asked to pray at the local masjid and he agreed but he did not pray because the people were not focused on worship, they were focused on other things

He only went to the masjid to demonstrate just that, pray with ur heart. Other wise he rejected many Islamic concepts. How can he be an Islamic prophet when Islam believes Prophet Muhammad to be the last prophet sent by God? And God is one but it's our approach to him that is different. Guru sahib rejected the Islamic as well as the other approaches prevalent in other religions of his time.