Trimming Beard vs. Cutting Hair and Shaving: What is more appropriate?

Guest Tired Singh

How dare any of you judge the OP.

What do you know about what he is going through. Everyone talks about panth Ekta, but we are the first to point the finger. Support others instead of making them feel lower than yourselves !

(null)

What are you on about ??

I never judge and I never said I was better and never will.

I gave the appropriate response for the appropriate question- it doesn't matter how I conduct myself as I am lower than low.

I''m Mona for for God's sake, so why would I think i'm better ?????

I think the post was related to me, as I was harsh with my words. Sorry for that, maybe it came out the wrong way without thinking. but its my personal opnion, what i meant was, guys with turbans and beards, look brave and proud and full of confidence, and its nice seeing that, as when I see a Singh, first thoughts that go through my mind are gurdwara, gurbani, and how our Gurus used to be.

apologies if my post caused a stir.

I think the issue here is about confidence. If you are confident in who you are, then that will make you 'modern'. Modern is a moving goalpost and the thing about fashions is that they come and go.

If you look at some of the recent examples of people who epitomise cool you'll see that they work out their own signature style, are truely comfortable and confident in it and don't change according to fashions/society (Steve Jobs, Tom Ford, Waris Ahluwalia etc...heck even Einstein)

Confidence comes from being who you are and not what others expect you to be.

Lets get the admonishing concern out of the way. You may be a good person. There it's gone.

Why is it that punjabi boys constantly have the emotional maturity of an 9 year old into adulthood? Let me categorically state that you DO NOT care or respect the faith of which you speak. A pre-requisite for respecting something is understanding it. You are attacking the faith with such a post. So much for your concern regarding mockery!

Here's some 'non-admonishing' food for thought for you. This is a Sikh forum. Sikhi is not a caste. You are have no birthright. Were you looking for an Indo/Hindu forum where you can pose queries as to style conformities?

Either your real questions are different and you will do some soul searching for them, or this is not the forum you're looking for.

• 1 year later...

Bro I am Hindu and I have few sikh friends.. They are smart and handsome looking with beard and turban. Sometime I really wish I was a Sikh..i can understand sometimes when the beard grows thicker its very irritating for that one has to maintain a lot of maintenance..

Bro I am Hindu and I have few sikh friends.. They are smart and handsome looking with beard and turban. Sometime I really wish I was a Sikh..i can understand sometimes when the beard grows thicker its very irritating for that one has to maintain a lot of maintenance..

not true my beard is very thick heavy and below my chest and it never irritates, i wash it everyday and i love it ! you guys who dont have a beard or kesh dont know what you are missing, i used to be shaved etc a few years ago now , so i know both sides and kesh & beard is the best.