Film On 84' Ghallughara

Deep Singh

All producers/directors are maans... Look like the whole family is making this movie.. rolleyes.gif

I checked out amar maan is directing this movie.. but still monaee actors/actress that doesn't make any sense at all... that changes the whol CORE of the situation.. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hanjeee.. but bruv see this way....

84 carnage happened in delhi against sikhs.. BECauz we are very visible in the community (Turban/beard).. So As a fact... it's mostly sikhs in turban/beard roop who got huge effect by the 84 delhi carnage.. I mean i can say 99% of attacks were against sikhs who wear turban and have beard.. SO if this picture which is all dedicated to that era... showing the story not in sikhi format then i can say it's very pity and misleading.. I dont have any grudge against shejdhari sikhs.. :D but this is money making scheme.. cauz they know most of their movie viewers are non-keshdhaireee.. So they want to make $$$.. BUT not to bring the truth forward..

Chall veek lavangayeee movie when it comes out.. :D

Guest mehtab

i have always wondered one thing. "Mahatma" Gandhi was shot dead by a Marathi Hindu, Rajiv Gandhi was assasinated by a south Indian Tamil Hindu. Marathis are known as one of the bravest and most patriotic Indians. Tamils are known as the most intelligent Indians. Then why were Sikhs called traitors after Indira Gandhi was killed? Why are they made fun of?

Please ask your Hindu/Indian friends. i also will do so when i get the next opportunity, and get into yet another heated argument as usual. The reason being that if i ask, it will sound bad to them, coz they will see me as a Hindu asking such a question. If u guys ask your friends, it will make more sense.

But do so only when u are talking bout such an issue. Don't juz go upto them and say "oye saale why u called us gaddaar after Indira was killed' and pick a fight (LOL). i m advising u becoz i tend to be that way (LOL).

No seriously. ask em and lemme know.

"oye saale why u called us gaddaar after Indira was killed' and pick a fight (LOL). i m advising u becoz i tend to be that way (LOL).

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! :D

ROTFL!!!!!!!!! (what happened to emoticon of guy rolling on floor?)

I tend to do that too!!

I read about this movie some past months ago....when sum link was posted on this fourm.

I read some of the directors insight into the movie.....and he said that he didnt put any blame on the government.......I dont expect this movie to give the most accurate insight into the events that transpired, again you have to remember its been made in India.

• 5 weeks later...

heres an update.. this was on another forum:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I went to see this movie, to see how Bollywood portrayed the Sikhs, I came out of the movie not impressed at all. There are some points of the movie that annoyed me.

* After the attack on Harmandir Sahib, our main character in the movie was busy chasing girls, dancing, and singing. I dont care where you were living, Operation Blue Star was a traumatic event. I will reckon to say that Sikhs were not dancing and chasing women, that was the least of their concerns, especially the ones that lived in India. I know that it is a movie and they need a stroy line, but stick to facts.

* The depiction of the riots that massacred many innocent SIkhs living in Delhi was to the most part portrayed accurately.

* I was quite surprised to see many Sikhs reacting in shock and sorrow after the Gandhis assassination, didnt they forget the attack she orchestrated on SIkhs. My bad, the Sikhs that lead the uprising where terrorists and bad men, they had it coming.

* I am not going to say that there were not Kharkoos that took advantage of the situation and started to loot, threaten, and rape helpless SIkhs. But to say these Sikhs wanted Khalistan is obsurd. These SIkhs could care less for the movement, they were in it for power and money. In the movie the kharkoo sikhs worked alongside some muslim fanatic and wanted Khalistan. In the movie itself, it decribed those that wanted Khalistan as terrorists and terr

ible people. Far from the truth. Those that founded and died for the movement were nothing more than terrorists and criminials as far as the movie goes.

The movie to me was comical and inaccurate, and did not do justice to SIkhs. First off, if you want to do a movie, of the events of 84 and after, stick to the facts, and make it a type of docu-drama. Secondly, the india censor board must be happy with the final product.

If anything can be learnt from this, is that Gurdwara committees, businessmen, etc. must come together, raise money and approach a Western Director to tell the masses what really happened to Sikhs. These movies have no place in the market, if anything, they cease to misinform the public, and children that know nothing about 84, are sent to believe that India protected its country from bad terrorists.

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

Hello, this is my first time posting on this site.

I went to see Hawayein at Square One cinema in Mississauga, Ontario.

After watching the film I was split in my judgement of it.

On one hand, it is good that a film has finally been made portraying the events of november 1984 and beyond.

On the other hand, there were a lot of negatives in the film as well. It was cheaply made. The actors and directors were amateurs for the most part. The story line went all over the place. The khalistanis were shown as mere puppets of the paki government.

Perhaps this is what ammtoje mann had to do to get the film past the censor board. Remember Maachis and the controversy surrounding it???

I heard that 3 minutes of Hawayein were cut out... I would love to see what those cut scenes were about.

The truth is that the majority of indian people in India would not be able to digest the truth about what really happened.

Overall, rather than us complaining, we should be happy that a film has finally been made. If anything, Hawayein is a stepping stone to further, more accurate films in the future. My commendments to Ammtoje, Babbu and the others behind this film.

^_^