Airlines - Why is meal termed as Hindu meal?

JasSinghKhalsa

If you don't eat for many hours that is a different matter, Singhs have starved for more that 72 days at a one go. But the question is why highlight as 'hindu meal'. I have been questioning the airlines & filing their suggestion booklet since I first flew in an international flight in 1998, and the condition is still continuing. But this is less on Gulf or Mid-east flights.

Im sure Virgin Atlantic has other vegetarian options. Surely they must have a lacto-vegetarian or vegan option?? I even remember seeing an option for a Jain meal. It must be tailored for specific Hindu dietary requirements, a lot of Hindus dont eat onions and garlic and whatnot.

Im sure Virgin Atlantic has other vegetarian options. Surely they must have a lacto-vegetarian or vegan option?? I even remember seeing an option for a Jain meal. It must be tailored for specific Hindu dietary requirements, a lot of Hindus dont eat onions and garlic and whatnot.

Options are Jain meal, Asian Veg, Hindu meal (which is Asian Non-Veg, has onion/garlic etc.), but I will call tomorrow to change my meal to Asian Veg. Sorry, I am Non-veg, and trying to be a complete Veg, but now taking this naming issue as positive, I will opt for Asian Veg tomorrow rather than Hindu meal (which is Non-Veg).