Sikh perspective on Eid and slaughtering of countless animals.

Singh559

You have killing an animal on one side, and feeding the meat to hungry people on the other. I can see the equation.

The equation is there (rather tenuously I might add), but I should've rephrased it as "I don't like the ethics involved in that equation". You knew what I meant, you're just pulling my leg, lol.

One is voluntarily giving up his life by his own hand. The other is US exerting our control over another life-form and ending their life (the animal) for them --- and then eating him / her.

The equation is there (rather tenuously I might add), but I should've rephrased it as "I don't like the ethics involved in that equation". You knew what I meant, you're just pulling my leg, lol.

One is voluntarily giving up his life by his own hand. The other is US exerting our control over another life-form and ending their life (the animal) for them --- and then eating him / her.

Honestly Bhaji i wasnt pulling your leg. Now you have used the word "ethics" that changes everything, because it is as my main man Ali G said to some guy when talking about animal welfare, " what if someone said to you, eat this chicken, or else i'll kill another chicken..." people have different ethics. I wont say that anyones are right or wrong concerning veg/non-veg issue.

But i guess the difference is that i see the Atma in everything, not just animals, but vegetables as well, and i am a keen amatuer gardener, and i know that everytime i do some harvesting, i am killing, or ending the life-form of that atma at that point in time, and then eating it.

I guess you're just more humane than me?

Honestly Bhaji i wasnt pulling your leg. Now you have used the word "ethics" that changes everything, because it is as my main man Ali G said to some guy when talking about animal welfare, " what if someone said to you, eat this chicken, or else i'll kill another chicken..." people have different ethics. I wont say that anyones are right or wrong concerning veg/non-veg issue.

But i guess the difference is that i see the Atma in everything, not just animals, but vegetables as well, and i am a keen amatuer gardener, and i know that everytime i do some harvesting, i am killing, or ending the life-form of that atma at that point in time, and then eating it.

I guess you're just more humane than me?

It's just a personal choice I guess.

I was probably livestock in various previous lives and saw some family members of mine killed for meat purposes. That residual memory has stayed with me over the course of many janams, hence my aversion to the consumption of meat. :biggrin2: Not sure I'm joking...

Sherdil wo u biggin gen bras 4? He yor hero or something . He got only a fool walks in londdon at night . So some try to rob him they saw someon comming an ran off. You serious believ that he dun some kung fu on them? Yeh dream on ! He was on the floor busy eatin tarmac

As 4 eid we shud feel sorry 4our muslim brothers that wer convertd to believ such foolishness by the moguls. Otherwise they wud just b normal hindus doin some other pointlless ritual. Dn dn guru Nanak came to save us 4m the rituals

Sherdil wo u biggin gen bras 4? He yor hero or something . He got only a fool walks in londdon at night . So some try to rob him they saw someon comming an ran off. You serious believ that he dun some kung fu on them? Yeh dream on ! He was on the floor busy eatin tarmac

As 4 eid we shud feel sorry 4our muslim brothers that wer convertd to believ such foolishness by the moguls. Otherwise they wud just b normal hindus doin some other pointlless ritual. Dn dn guru Nanak came to save us 4m the rituals

I think Sherdil was making a joke...

With that kind of English, i think i feel sorry for you instead of our Muslim brothers.