Naam Simran - PLZ HELP!!!!!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Gur Piari Sangat,

I need your help. i've been told to do naam simran by alot of people if i wish to learn and follow Sikhi. i try to do it but i don't succeed. i mean, i will remember stuff like homeworks, assigments, projects, laundary, movies and everything and anything in this world the minute i start simran.

this makes me so guilty and helpless :lol: @ . i don't know what to do.

sometimes i try to say 'Wahe' when i inhale and 'guru' when i exhale. or 'Satnam' when i inhale and 'Waheguru' when i exhale.

Please give me (a stupid manmukh ohmy.gif ) some tips so that i can recite Gur Shabd too.

i am not even regular with paath and this makes me feel so guilty. like when i drive to school, i prefer to listen to Gurbani. but sometimes (happening alot these days), i jus put bhangra or other songs. i feel so stupid.

plz all pajis and phenjis, help me out here. i've solely joined this forum to learn sikhi and be a gursikh. there aren't many gursikhs around me. u guys all i have. sorry for all the whini

ng.

Firstly, Don't get mad. The moment you become mad at the mind, you have fallen in the trap of the mind for it has removed your attention from simran to itself.

Secondly whenver any thought arises, 'OBSERVE' the thought, do not judge the thought as good or bad. Become an observer that is deattached from thought. Look at the thoughts as not a part of you. The moment you attach yourself to any thought, you become a part of it and it carries you with it like wave. The more you are carried with it, the more thoughts are produced so you fall deeper and deeper into thought.

The idea is 'observe' the thought. Think of it like this, your mind is your slave, not the other way around. The slave has a master which is you. If you no longer wish to listen to the slave, then simply ignore it. Do not react to anythought, whether it be good or bad. Soon you will realize the moment you begin to observe your thoughts they disappear. Then you can continue you simran, and if anythought arrises again, which they will. Remember to OBSERVE.

hope that helps

waheguru

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Thank you so much everyone for being so helpful. rolleyes.gif

i will definately try to practice all with all your suggestions.

and for sure let you all know about the progress i make.

Thanks You.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

did u ever read the book ..... "Jail chiththiaan" by Bhai Randhir Singh ji .........

Bhai Saahib observe that mind is definitely a Monkey(Dundar) .....

& it can be beaten with only two sticks ... Gurbani & Naam .... So Gurbani in form of Paath , Jaap or Keeratan

& Naam as it is ...... dont give ur mind time to waylay you ....... persist ........ request Maharaj ji to help you ....

They are always with you ........ keep your monkey-mind dancing with the Holy Sticks ..... & Use only one stick at a time

........... but keep changing Sticks as often as possible ...... keep The Mind revolving around one point ... (Maharaj ji)

while you do naam simran ..... believe that Maharaj ji inside you are listening .....

"Dundar BaandhO sundar PaavO" ..........

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

GHAR GHAR GUNJJAN PEAN GIYAN NILE DE SAWAR DIYAN.

veer dekh sit straight close ur eves hathan diyan tallian nu goddeyan te takka ke

fer jor la de sarra aggar tera mann nahi lagda fer uchhi uchhi boll fast boll as fast and as loud u can i m 100 % sure tun sirf jap karenga tere demagch kuch hor nahi auga and slowly as days past u slow down in speed and reduce loudness just remeber

FAST AND LOUD

u should hear your jap with ur ears

wah gur

wah gur

it has helped me and surely will help u i will upload a jap for you on net and let u know the link

uLTrA

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

sit down in a clean place, with no distractions

sit in the position u can sit fo a loong time comftrably and u wont be bothered, i seriously recomembd u know how we sit in gurughar

ok

close ur eyes

read mool mantar, know wat it means

then concentrate god inside of u, dont try some things like detaching ure soul fromt he body

focus on the light of god inside of u

feel its power

then say vaheguru slowly

and then think of vaheguru je, inside of u, call out to vaheguru je like hes ure mom and dad u really badly wanna see

say it with love

start out slow

do as much as u can

maybe 20 min. a day

then raise it by 10 min. every week until u dont have too much free time left

and do nitnem everyday

trust me

it helps a lot

and do samporran rehraas everday

and learn the meanings of bani

and do this EVERY SINGLE day

dont ever miss

if u miss, 5 vices and maya will see their chance

ure vunreable at that time

also

do lots of ardaas

when doing ardaas, know guru je is right in front of u listening

so u have to think like that too

jee ke birtha hoe so gur pehe ardaas kar

and when things cme into ure mind

dont observe them or think about them

think about vaheguru je

start doing mool mantar

these thoughts shudnt come into ure mind

it shud completly focused on vaheguru je

it shud be so focused one day that u wont even feel someone hitting u

but its gonna be hard

very very hard

man jeetai jag jeet

man is like a snake

u can just control it

only naam and bani can do that

do this everyday

even if ure maan

makes u think naw, say no

im doing it

and do it out of love

its all about love for vaheguru je

bairaag

Jin prem keo thin hee prabh paeoiu

one really important thing is focus on the inside

and if something like homewoek comes in ure mind

think about vaheguru je

how hes everywhere

then read mool mantar over and over again, sloowly

dont go fast

and if u dont know already, get santhia so u know how to say bani properly and wat bani means

and main thing is

may satguru je have kirpa

also think of how bad we are

we remeber vaheguru je in dukh so much

but we cant remeber him in sukh?

wat kind of children are we?

we have forgotten our true father

vaheguru je doesnt ask anything from us

vaheguru je just gives and gives and gives

we love the gift, But we dont remeber the gift giver?

vaheguru loves u

so much

remeber him

love him

vaheguru

vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru

satnam sri vaheguru

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

14. THE POWER OF NAAM

14.2 Sweet Naam

The Naam of God is sweet to me says Guru Arjun Dev Jee in Sukhmanee Sahib...'Naam Prabhoo ka laga meeta'. Like when you go to someone's house and you drink the sweet tea, then take a bite of the even sweeter jelabee, then sipping the tea again you think - 'this is tasteless in comparison.'

Bhai Jasvir Singh Jee Khanaa vale gave the above example and continued, we think pleasures of the world are sweet. We love our spouse, our children, we get pleasure from food and drink, but once we have tasted Sweet Naam then all these worldy pleasures become plain in comparison.

The thing with saying 'Vaahi-guroo Vaahi-guroo' again and again is that it is tasteless at first says Bhai Gurdas Jee, like licking a rock. Wereas in the amusement park of the world, the glittering attractions are instantly pleasing to the mind. Pop music wants to make us dance as soon as it touches our eardrum, our mouth waters as soon as we smell our favourite food, our heart leaps at just the thought of that special someone. But saying 'Vaahi-guroo Vaahi-guroo' at amritvela just puts us to sleep. The mind wrestles with you 'Go to sleep man! This is a waste of time...no miracles are happening, I cant see no light nor hear the celestial music....just go to sleep man.'

But that's what happens in the first few years, after spending alot of time riding on the glittering attractions, they become boring. That special someone no longer gives you a buzz everytime you see their face, your favourite food just taste average nowadays, that favourite song of yours is getting to sound repetitive....everything's

boring. But the one who didn't listen to the mind and carried on saying 'Vaahi-guroo Vaahi-guroo' every amritvela without fail has a different story to tell. 'Vaahi-guroo Vaahi-guroo' gets more and more addictive as you say it, 'Vaahi-guroo Vaahi-guroo' calms the mind down, picks it up out of depression and makes it fly like a bird. 'Vaahi-guroo Vaahi-guroo' wraps you up in an invisible blanket of love and humility.......one day 'Vaahi-guroo Vaahi-guroo' showers you in God's Love and Light....one day 'Vaahi-guroo Vaahi-guroo' makes you feel like your spread out across the whole of creation tuned into everything...and one day 'Vaahi-guroo Vaahi-guroo' tastes like sweet amrit on your tongue...amrit naam....'Naam Prabhoo ka laga meeta' and everything else seems tasteless in comparison.

We are not the first ones to walk on the 'Vaahi-guroo Vaahi-guroo' path, nor are we the last. All we have to do is have faith that it WORKS! It worked for Bhai Lehna Jee, Bhai Amaroo Jee, Bhai Jetha Jee and it worked for Guru Arjun Dev Jee as he sat on the hot plate with burning sand pouring over his blistered shoulders. Without any fear or hate, without any pain or sorrow Guru Arjun Dev Jee's state of mind was 'Tera keea meeta lagey. Har Naam Padarth Nanak Mangey'....Your Will is sweet, Nanak asks for the gift of Naam.

God's Will is Sweet

God's Word is Sweet

God's Naam is Sweet

The one who has these residing in their heart is also sweet. Sweet and gentle in the way s/he speaks, sweet and beautiful to all of God's Creation.

Dhan Guru Arjun Dev Jee....The King of Martyrs.