What's the Gurmat way of Matha-Tek

Consciousness

How many of you actually want to try doing matha tek the way it is mentioned above? Tuhada kuch ghatt jaana? What are you going to lose by trying to matha tek that way, even if it means trying to see how differently you might feel?

Ohhhhh, but no, there can't be rules for everything, then we become like Muslims/Christians. Sikhi is best without any rules and protocols, it should be all khullee dullee, everyone free to do whatever, we are against any sort of discipline. Ohhhhh what is satkaar? Satkaar should be in my heart. Gurujee doesn't care how I dress up, its all inside that matters!! Nooooo we don't need to keep washing hands all the time, thats bahmanvaad!!!! RIGHT?!?!?!?! (intense sarcasm intended)

:D :D

Lets not forget that.

Anyways, no point arguing over yet another matter where it is genuinely pointless. Menu kee yaar, mere vallo naa teko matha, Guru Sahib di shaan-o-azmat ch kihra koi fark pey jaana. Jad tusi har gall ch kintu prantu ee kari jaana, te fer matha tekan vaare vi kari jaao, kihri navi gall aa. Ehmi karna na kush karouna na, bas jithe maukka labbda saare Gyani/Parchaarak bann jaande. Oh yaar try te karke dekho, ikk vaari agle bande di gall bhull'ke taan mann ke dekho, tuhanu koi tax laggna? Ki pata koi vadhia gall dassi hove agle bande ne. Par nai, bas aahi dhol vajaaee chalo ki menu jinna ku pata bas ohi sach aa. Apa bas khoo de daddoo ee reh gaye aa (frogs of the well). My way or the highway. Theeka bai, jidda matha tekkna teki chalo, nai tekna na teko. Tuhade matha tekan de style naal nah menu halwa milna na Consciousness nu jalebbiyaan. :p

Vadde Veer,

The problem arises when someone says one way is gurmat. That is implying that the rest of us are doing it a manmat way. There is no right or wrong way. I don't think the living gurus would have turned any Sikh away, if they did matha tekh without placing their elbows perpendicular to the floor, or something trivial like that.

But I will try this way once. If I get any extra halwa, I'll save it for you. : -)

The problem arises when someone says one way is gurmat. That is implying that the rest of us are doing it a manmat way.There is no right or wrong way.
Hmmmm, vese eh gall vi theeka teri bhraava, thanks for reminding me.
I don't think the living gurus would have turned any Sikh away, if they did matha tekh without placing their elbows perpendicular to the floor, or something trivial like that.
Guru Sahib te kisi haal ch turn away nai karde provided Sikh ohna di sharan ch aave, so yes, again you're right.
But I will try this way once. If I get any extra halwa, I'll save it for you. : -)
Ok, make sure it has soggy and badaam as well.

Before people complain about this gurmat way of matha tekna you should try it and see the difference. Yes prem needs to be there but also the technique of surrender needs to be spot on then ONLY one can achieve gurmat mukhti.

Consciousness - I don't say you are wrong, but what after following all this "Mudra", person's "Mann-Atma" is not doing Matha-Tek before GURU/GURU-Hukam?

Gurmukho firsly atma is not the mann and the atma is always nirvkalap although asanas and mudras need to be perfected to receive grace. Technically when one is performing gurmat matha tek then one's mind is absorbed in surrender just in the same way one's mind is absorbed in gurbani when read correctly.

Satguru mehar karan and teach people tat gurmat.

Daas

Consciousness

Hmmmm, vese eh gall vi theeka teri bhraava, thanks for reminding me.

Guru Sahib te kisi haal ch turn away nai karde provided Sikh ohna di sharan ch aave, so yes, again you're right.

Ok, make sure it has soggy and badaam as well.

Mmmmm....they only make plain parshaad at my gurdwara. :sad2:

Veer ji, what's the solid white parshaad called (LOL I know I sound like a gorrah). It's really sweet. Looks kinda like a ladoo. I had it once as a kid, when we visited a gurdwara in Punjab. I've never had it since...

Mmmmm....they only make plain parshaad at my gurdwara. :sad2:

Veer ji, what's the solid white parshaad called (LOL I know I sound like a gorrah). It's really sweet. Looks kinda like a ladoo. I had it once as a kid, when we visited a gurdwara in Punjab. I've never had it since...

take a snap next time and post it on here ;)